Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
    It's already a pretty bad class.
    I think a lot of that has to do with a small class. But BYU is in serious need of skill position speed. It has to come from the juco ranks.

Comment

No.

We made progress this year. Small, but real.
      τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Isn't it basically Lance Anderson or Jay Hill as your options if you fire Sitake?
        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by All-American View Post
          No.

We made progress this year. Small, but real.
          great, we made progress on the worst season in 40 years

Comment

Originally posted by USUC View Post
            Has Sataki ever won a game because he out coached the other team? He has won games because of talent discrepancies. He has won games because the players out performed a more talented team. He has certainly lost games because of poor coaching decisions. But are there any examples of a game won due to out coaching another?
            Wisconsin. Maybe Arizona.

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus View Post
              great, we made progress on the worst season in 40 years
              Yes. We played a tougher schedule and played better against it. And that, with a core group of freshmen and first-year coaches on offense. So we are going in the right direction with reason to believe we will continue to go in the right direction.

Comment

Firing Sitake won't get rid of the honor code. It won't eliminate the academic requirements. It won't get us into a P5 conference. It won't fix the unbalanced, difficult schedule full of crappy kickoff times and cross country travel. It won't cause the school admin and BoT to give the full backing the program needs. It won't give us access to the NY6.

Carry on.
                "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                -Turtle
                sigpic

Comment

Has Sataki ever won a game because he out coached the other team? He has won games because of talent discrepancies. He has won games because the players out performed a more talented team. He has certainly lost games because of poor coaching decisions. But are there any examples of a game won due to out coaching another?
                  Wisconsin

Comment

Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
                    Wisconsin
                    Great. I agree with everything surfah says above. What is your opinion of Kalani and his future at BYU?

Comment

Great. I agree with everything surfah says above. What is your opinion of Kalani and his future at BYU?
                      I expect he'll muddle through enough and continue to putting up 6-6 or 7-5 type years. Best case scenario is he'll improve and things will come together for him to avg 8.5 wins like Bronco did during his independent era.

Comment

I think the only major coaching change that could possibly happen this off-season is if Les Miles wants Grimes.
                        unless he's completely old and senile, why would he want Grimes. ftr, he can have him. please, take him. save us from ourselves.
                        I'm like LeBron James.
                        -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                          Isn't it basically Lance Anderson or Jay Hill as your options if you fire Sitake?
                          throw bevell in there. i've heard he prefers to stay in the NFL, but BYU is most certainly not out of the question.
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                            I expect he'll muddle through enough and continue to putting up 6-6 or 7-5 type years. Best case scenario is he'll improve and things will come together for him to avg 8.5 wins like Bronco did during his independent era.
                            And with the upgrade in scheduling that would be a significant accomplishment.

Comment

Originally posted by All-American View Post
                              And with the upgrade in scheduling that would be a significant accomplishment.
                              Yikes. .500 is not a good goal

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                                Firing Sitake won't get rid of the honor code. It won't eliminate the academic requirements. It won't get us into a P5 conference. It won't fix the unbalanced, difficult schedule full of crappy kickoff times and cross country travel. It won't cause the school admin and BoT to give the full backing the program needs. It won't give us access to the NY6.

Carry on.
                                It will get rid of incompetence at the hc position, get rid of a hc who wants a slow, boring and terrible offense, has no idea how to fix things, and blames everyone but himself

I'm not sure how thisnboard is ok with keeping someone who is .500 after 3 years, after starting with a nfl qb and rb.

The 3nd half Saturday showed how incompetent this staff is.

Comment

Working...
                                X