No announcement yet.

Fire Kalani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kalani isn't going anywhere at least until after next year. and i think at that point there will be clearer consensus regarding whether he should stay or go.

i wouldn't mind if he pulled a whittingham and dismissed grimes after one year, however.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
      kalani isn't going anywhere at least until after next year. and i think at that point there will be clearer consensus regarding whether he should stay or go.

i wouldn't mind if he pulled a whittingham and dismissed grimes after one year, however.
      you really want him to, even if he just promoted roderick?

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus View Post
        you really want him to, even if he just promoted roderick?
        hell no. go out and get somebody good.

though i'd take my chances with Fesi over Grimes.
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
          hell no. go out and get somebody good.

though i'd take my chances with Fesi over Grimes.
          Take this to the Speasy.
          Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
            Take this to the Speasy.
            lol.
            I'm like LeBron James.
            -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
              I'd like more information on this. I don't follow the program as closely as I did 20 years ago, but I can say with near certainty this was not the case back then. When did the change come and why and why was it not more publicized? I don't think any college football programs work with this "exception" concept, do they? Maybe Ivy League but not programs that compete. I never heard of it before. The minimum is the minimum.
              If you don't follow recruiting, you would have no idea why a kid doesn't end up at BYU. Remember BYU can not publicly comment on any kid that has not signed an LOI. So when they are committed for 18 months, their entire twitter timeline is BYU, and all of the sudden they reopen their recruitment, and end up at New Mexico State or UNLV. Generally it means BYU pulled their offer. If they reopen and end up at a legit P5, ok they blew up late and truly wanted to go somewhere else.

But a lot of these kids are offered early, they don't develop or don't get the grades throughout high school. BYU decides they are not worth the risk of using an exception or maybe they just are not D-1 caliber.

Chuck Alatini is a prime example, he was a 4 star as a freshman. Primed to be one of the top recruits in state history. He leaves Orem and heads to Timpview, but doesn't get grades and he sits for a season and a half. Finally gets eligible his senior year, and grades post before the playoffs and he again he is failing.

At this point BYU has backed off, and it is not worth the fight to get him in.

Nathan Latu same thing. He was a big time recruit, his twin bro ended up at Bama. Nathan couldn't get the grades high enough to get in. But he would have been fine at plenty of other schools.

It happens more than you think, but BYU can't comment on it.

However, lets not pretend that a 5 star kid is not going to get in if he meets the minimum NCAA eligibility. Moose Bingham admitted that, said that Bolles was dumber than dog shit but he was getting in no matter what.
              *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                If you don't follow recruiting, you would have no idea why a kid doesn't end up at BYU. Remember BYU can not publicly comment on any kid that has not signed an LOI. So when they are committed for 18 months, their entire twitter timeline is BYU, and all of the sudden they reopen their recruitment, and end up at New Mexico State or UNLV. Generally it means BYU pulled their offer. If they reopen and end up at a legit P5, ok they blew up late and truly wanted to go somewhere else.

But a lot of these kids are offered early, they don't develop or don't get the grades throughout high school. BYU decides they are not worth the risk of using an exception or maybe they just are not D-1 caliber.

Chuck Alatini is a prime example, he was a 4 star as a freshman. Primed to be one of the top recruits in state history. He leaves Orem and heads to Timpview, but doesn't get grades and he sits for a season and a half. Finally gets eligible his senior year, and grades post before the playoffs and he again he is failing.

At this point BYU has backed off, and it is not worth the fight to get him in.

Nathan Latu same thing. He was a big time recruit, his twin bro ended up at Bama. Nathan couldn't get the grades high enough to get in. But he would have been fine at plenty of other schools.

It happens more than you think, but BYU can't comment on it.

However, lets not pretend that a 5 star kid is not going to get in if he meets the minimum NCAA eligibility. Moose Bingham admitted that, said that Bolles was dumber than dog shit but he was getting in no matter what.
                I'm like LeBron James.
                -mpfunk

Comment

• It probably won’t, but I feel like the USU should determine if Kalani is back next year. The unexpected wins against SC and BSU have been great, they almost offset the horrific Toledo tans USF games, almost . However to lose (again!) to USU and to have never beaten Utah, is the sign of a program that needs to change something.

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                    It probably won’t, but I feel like the USU should determine if Kalani is back next year. The unexpected wins against SC and BSU have been great, they almost offset the horrific Toledo tans USF games, almost . However to lose (again!) to USU and to have never beaten Utah, is the sign of a program that needs to change something.
                    They did change something for the BSU game. Now we'll see if the changes are lasting or have an enduring impact on their games. I wonder what kind of opponent we can get in a bowl game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                      It probably won’t, but I feel like the USU should determine if Kalani is back next year. The unexpected wins against SC and BSU have been great, they almost offset the horrific Toledo tans USF games, almost . However to lose (again!) to USU and to have never beaten Utah, is the sign of a program that needs to change something.
                      I'm just going to wait the year out to form an opinion. All of the clamoring to extend him after USC proved premature. The clamoring to fire him after USF also proved premature. It would be nice if he wins out and solidifies his position to get an extension.

Comment

• If BYU goes 6-6 (as the odds suggest it will) and make it to a bowl game (win or lose), Kalani will be back next year.
                        τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
                          If BYU goes 6-6 (as the odds suggest it will) and make it to a bowl game (win or lose), Kalani will be back next year.
                          Will he have a contract extension?
                          "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• If BYU comes into SDSU 7-4, I think his contract is guaranteed. He should, but you never know.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Conflicted on Kalani. I like him, but I hate whom he's surrounded himself with. But he hired all the guys he's surrounded himself with. Cant really elaborate without making what could be construed as racist remarks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                                Conflicted on Kalani. I like him, but I hate whom he's surrounded himself with. But he hired all the guys he's surrounded himself with. Cant really elaborate without making what could be construed as racist remarks.
                                I think Tuiaki should go, but who else on their staff is toxic?

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X