Missionary Haircut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missionary Haircut

My grandson left on his mission yesterday. Arrived in Peru at 4:00 a.m. where he'll be learning Spanish for the next six weeks. They let him sleep for two hours then got him up and shaved his head. He had long hair just a month ago.

I have never heard of this shaved head thing. Do they do this in other areas?

Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
    My grandson left on his mission yesterday. Arrived in Peru at 4:00 a.m. where he'll be learning Spanish for the next six weeks. They let him sleep for two hours then got him up and shaved his head. He had long hair just a month ago.

Sounds like he got kidnapped by a cult pretending to be the church. You should form a rescue mission. Stat.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

No. Only on the head.
      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        Sounds like he got kidnapped by a cult pretending to be the church. You should form a rescue mission. Stat.
        Yep. We had a tour through the Peru MTC this summer. There weren’t any missionaries with shaved heads. Get him out of there.
        "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

I went to a couple barbers on my mission but mostly cut (buzzed) my own hair. One barber didn’t charge us because we were “clergy”.
          "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

This happened to me at the Fort Leonard Wood MTC.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
              No. Only on the head.
              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Sounds like he was hazed!

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                  This happened to me at the Fort Leonard Wood MTC.
                  I was lucky - as a potential gentleman, I didn't get a buzz cut in any of my precommisioning training or even wen I got to OBC
                  Last edited by happyone; 11-23-2018, 06:50 PM.

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

Originally posted by happyone View Post
                    I was lucky - as a potential gentleman, I didn't get a buzz cut in any of my precommisioning training or even wen I got to OBC
                    It was a 1/8" all over. They called it the Screaming Eagle. I typically sport a high & tight now-a-days, with 2 on top.

Comment

Probably lice prevention. One bad elder years ago ruined it for all the new coming missionaries, and now it's a tradition.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                      -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                        It was a 1/8" all over. They called it the Screaming Eagle. I typically sport a high & tight now-a-days, with 2 on top.
                        When I was an actual "Screaming Eagle" hardly anybody wore their hair that short. Of course it was in the 80's and it seemed that most people were seeing just how long of hair they could get away with

The only people I personally knew who had the "high and tight" look were a Sgt Maj in the INF Bn I was in and a couple of E-4's the company CO got tired of telling them to get their hair cut and then paid for it out his pocket (one of them was his driver)

When the kid complained about it, the good Capt said, "I'm paying for it and I want to get my moneys worth!"

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

Working...
                        X