Holy War 2018: Feeling Umbrage? Come Kickoff, Utah will too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    Sitake tried to use the patented whittingham get a lead, run the ball on 3rd and long and let your defense win. He was 17-1 while leading at the start of the 4th quarter
    This is the Utah game, where by stupid sets of circumstances, we find ways to let them win. You don't ease off the gas. You keep your foot on their throat and run up the score. As we've seen time and time again, the only way to let the defense win the game is to make sure the offense keeps scoring.

Comment

• Gotta say. I'm not a fan of 35-7 halves.

Comment

• Also, burn the royal blue uniforms. So many bad games in them.

Comment

• The church should take some $$$ out of the mall fund and pay kliff kingsbury $5 MM/yr to be OC.
          I'm like LeBron James.
          -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
            The church should take some $$$ out of the mall fund and pay kliff kingsbury $5 MM/yr to be OC.
            “Just throw it downfield and hope for the best!” We’ll miss you, KK.

Comment

• Don't want to look like I disappeared. Good game. Impressed with Hadley. I will post more later. There are some things happening irl more important than a football game. Peace my friends
              "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                Don't want to look like I disappeared. Good game. Impressed with Hadley. I will post more later. There are some things happening irl more important than a football game. Peace my friends
                Go away. GTFO.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                  Go away. GTFO.
                  I love angry BigPiney.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                    Don't want to look like I disappeared. Good game. Impressed with Hadley. I will post more later. There are some things happening irl more important than a football game. Peace my friends
                    Best wishes, JiC.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• OK, right now this feels like the most painful loss in the streak. Maybe ever. To have that big of a lead so late and lose it... Dang, that hurts.

I liked this tweet from Linehan:

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        OK, right now this feels like the most painful loss in the streak. Maybe ever. To have that big of a lead so late and lose it... Dang, that hurts.

I liked this tweet from Linehan:
                        Kudos to the byu for playing their butts off.
                        I got to watch the game unexpectedly, and to my delight, with ER Coug.
                        Some things are more important than sports.
                        "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
                        -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Comment

• Originally posted by Solon View Post
                          Kudos to the byu for playing their butts off.
                          I got to watch the game unexpectedly, and to my delight, with ER Coug.
                          Some things are more important than sports.
                          i mean, there are so many things out there, odds are it is true, but i haven't come across it yet!
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                            i mean, there are so many things out there, odds are it is true, but i haven't come across it yet!
                            You need to meet ER Coug!
                            "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
                            -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Comment

• We all knew Utah would make a run. After the pick six, BYU answered and we hoped that maybe this was the year.

Grimes and Kalani got real conservative. I get it. I don't like it but I get it.

Hadley played well with his funky, overly patient running style.

Wilson was a monster.

Corb and my find Isaiah Kaufusi were lights out. (Been lobbying for Isaiah to get more playing time since last year, somehow he was sitting behind Riggs Powell earlier this season)

Tonga also played extremely well.

As usual I was right about most things:

QB- BYU advantage
                              RB- Hadley and Shyne had similar numbers, Hadley had more of an impact.
                              WR- BYUs did nothing, granted they were without Romney and Hifo.
                              TE- BYUs dominated, don't remember a ute tight end doing a thing.
                              OL- BYUs O-line held up very well imo. Especially against the pass rush (3 sacks, but at least 1 was on Wilson), Utahs O-line was decent as well.

DL- BYUs D-line played extremely well, I do think Anae was the best D-lineman on the field. Corb gutted it out and did his best.

LB- Takitaki and Kaufusi were amazing. Hansen is very good. The difference becomes depth. Bernard is BYUs 2nd best linebacker and he is 2nd/3rd string at Utah. After Kaufusi went out BYU is stuck playing Matt Criddle who would not start at Lone Peak. He was horrendous.

DB- I was right, the rest of you can eff off. BYUs secondary is damn good. Dayan was the best DB on the field. They are also extremely young.

Special teams: FG DEFENSE BITCHES!!!

Give Utah credit, the D stepped up and got huge stops. The missed XP was huge, as BYU was forced to go for it on 4th and 1 trailing by 1 instead of punting it away tied. The 3rd and 9 draw to Burt was awful. Kalani decided to rely on his defense and they were to tired, beat up, and out executed down the stretch to hold on.

Open the season with Utah next year, I expect another competitive game. JIC I love you. Funk, ESAD.
                              *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                                We all knew Utah would make a run. After the pick six, BYU answered and we hoped that maybe this was the year.

Grimes and Kalani got real conservative. I get it. I don't like it but I get it.

Hadley played well with his funky, overly patient running style.

Wilson was a monster.

Corb and my find Isaiah Kaufusi were lights out. (Been lobbying for Isaiah to get more playing time since last year, somehow he was sitting behind Riggs Powell earlier this season)

Tonga also played extremely well.

As usual I was right about most things:

QB- BYU advantage
                                RB- Hadley and Shyne had similar numbers, Hadley had more of an impact.
                                WR- BYUs did nothing, granted they were without Romney and Hifo.
                                TE- BYUs dominated, don't remember a ute tight end doing a thing.
                                OL- BYUs O-line held up very well imo. Especially against the pass rush (3 sacks, but at least 1 was on Wilson), Utahs O-line was decent as well.

DL- BYUs D-line played extremely well, I do think Anae was the best D-lineman on the field. Corb gutted it out and did his best.

LB- Takitaki and Kaufusi were amazing. Hansen is very good. The difference becomes depth. Bernard is BYUs 2nd best linebacker and he is 2nd/3rd string at Utah. After Kaufusi went out BYU is stuck playing Matt Criddle who would not start at Lone Peak. He was horrendous.

DB- I was right, the rest of you can eff off. BYUs secondary is damn good. Dayan was the best DB on the field. They are also extremely young.

Special teams: FG DEFENSE BITCHES!!!

Give Utah credit, the D stepped up and got huge stops. The missed XP was huge, as BYU was forced to go for it on 4th and 1 trailing by 1 instead of punting it away tied. The 3rd and 9 draw to Burt was awful. Kalani decided to rely on his defense and they were to tired, beat up, and out executed down the stretch to hold on.

Open the season with Utah next year, I expect another competitive game. JIC I love you. Funk, ESAD.

I've been nothing but nice to you the past year. GFY.
                                As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                                --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Working...
                                X