Holy War 2018: Feeling Umbrage? Come Kickoff, Utah will too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LVAllen View Post
    In preparation for the event, we have ensured Game Day Kosher is being kept. All traces of red have been removed from the kitchen, dining area, and viewing area, and anywhere they were have been thoroughly disinfected. The smell of smoked pork products is wafting in from the backyard.
    All has been made ready so the Spirit of Lavell may enter and bless this house and smite those northern heathen bastards straight to hell.
    What time should I be there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
      34-6
      34-6
      Nah I think Utah will get more than 6. More like 34-21.

Just landed. Here for 24 hours then back to the family in KC. I have missed only two of these games in the past 20 years. I will always be here as long as Utah grants us the high honor of playing them. So glad the game is back on the weekend it belongs, even if only for this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post

Just landed. Here for 24 hours then back to the family in KC. I have missed only two of these games in the past 20 years. I will always be here as long as Utah grants us the high honor of playing them. So glad the game is back on the weekend it belongs, even if only for this year.
        You are a wonderful human being Omaha.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

#8iscoming
          "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

#8iscoming
            You remind me of my Ute BIL. It is so inconveivable to you guys that BYU could win tonight. Predicting a 4 touchdown victory is crazy. I know KW will be focused but I can only hope some of the Ute fan base's overconfidence seeps into the players' minds.

Not buying the narrative that this Utah team is supremely talented. A historically talented Utah team would have done better in a historically bad PAC.

Comment

What's the over/under on cheap-shot hits?
              We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Comment

You remind me of my Ute BIL. It is so inconveivable to you guys that BYU could win tonight. Predicting a 4 touchdown victory is crazy. I know KW will be focused but I can only hope some of the Ute fan base's overconfidence seeps into the players' minds.

Not buying the narrative that this Utah team is supremely talented. A historically talented Utah team would have done better in a historically bad PAC.
                It is simple really. I can't conceive a realistic scenario sheet your offense does more than 14 without something crazy happening (like 4 turnovers)

Defensively, Utah has only struggled against top shelf receivers, N'Keal Harry, Arcega-Whiteside and Kody Smith for Stanford, Mitchell for Oregon, Winston for WSU. Everyone else they have smothered into oblivion.

Who does BYu have that is even in that timezone?

The running game is a mismatch as well. Only 2 runners have exceeded 100 yards this season, Gaskin and Eno Benjamin. One is the all time leading rusher at UW, and the other will be drafted in the early rounds when he is able to enter the draft.

Utah's defensive line is going to live in the backfield. Wilson is going to be running all game long. He will probably make a couple of nice plays under duress, but it isn't going to be enough to sustain meaningful offensive production.

With the mismatch with Utah D/BYu O, Utah's offensive can be pedestrian and still put up a 17 point win.

Obviously, weird things can happen, but when analyzing a game. You don't put those into the equation.
                "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
                  What's the over/under on cheap-shot hits?

All in the first half

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Also. The bravado really gets under some people's skin, so that's an added perk.

-Rick Majerus

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                      Also. The bravado really gets under some people's skin, so that's an added perk.
                      Certainly. But some take it to weird extremes. For example, if BYU were in a power conference and had just clinched their first ever division title, I couldn't imagine the first thing I would do is go to a Ute board and start a thread masturbating to thoughts of beating Utah. Would be super weird, right?

Comment

• Guys let’s just hope the Utah players are as cocky and overconfident as JIC. Great year for an upset.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                          Certainly. But some take it to weird extremes. For example, if BYU were in a power conference and had just clinched their first ever division title, I couldn't imagine the first thing I would do is go to a Ute board and start a thread masturbating to thoughts of beating Utah. Would be super weird, right?
                          I was a member of this board well before Utah joined the Pac-12. I have real friends and imaginary internet friends in this site that I have interacted with them for almost a decade. We have jabbed and sparred over Utah - BYu, and many other topics, both inane and serious, through this time. My sporadic, prolonged absences have little to do with sports, but these games give me reason to come interact, and yes, agitate a little, with my friends.

This is my internet home.

-Rick Majerus

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            Guys let’s just hope the Utah players are as cocky and overconfident as JIC. Great year for an upset.
                            The players are very aware of the streak and don't want to be the group that loses it. They are wanting to hang 50 and pitch a shut out.

-Rick Majerus

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                              The players are very aware of the streak and don't want to be the group that loses it. They are wanting to hang 50 and pitch a shut out.
                              Not likely. Amazing how close these games have been over the years, in spite of circumstances.

Utah is a stronger program now, but part of this 7-game streak is luck. One of these years the ball is going to bounce our way and our longsuffering will be rewarded.

We have SU on our side now. I am counting that as a good omen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                                Not likely. Amazing how close these games have been over the years, in spite of circumstances.

Utah is a stronger program now, but part of this 7-game streak is luck. One of these years the ball is going to bounce our way and our longsuffering will be rewarded.

We have SU on our side now. I am counting that as a good omen.
                                SU--the prophet who leads BYU from bondage!

Comment

Working...
                                X