Holy War 2018: Feeling Umbrage? Come Kickoff, Utah will too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LVAllen View Post
    I have a dream that on the first game of next season, Utah's offense will take the field. As they do, they will feel the earth begin to tremble under their feet as Mo Langi and Khyris Tonga line up against them.
    Tonga is going to declare. He won’t be back.

Comment

• For some reason, I can't get it out of my mind that SU is to blame for the loss.
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Well, I'm already on my third bowl of Fruity Pebbles and I still don't feel better.

Comment

• One bad throw and they completely take the air out the b all. That has Sitake's fingerprints all over it. Exactly what we've seen Kwhitt do for years. Lavell let his talented freshman throw 5 interceptions at Wyoming. With Sitake, the Utification of BYU football is complete.

Comment

• I'm completely deflated. BYU isn't playing Utah anymore. They are playing a g damn ghost.

Comment

• Very frustrated. The boys came to play. Proud of them for showing everyone the gap between the two programs is not the chasm that we are supposed to believe. I'm pleased Kalani had the team ready to play and we had schemes on both sides of the ball that put us in a position to win. I'm over the moon about Wilson and his bright future. But I am torn between all that potential good and the absolute crap game management in the second half. Grimes and Kalani shat the bed. Grimes shouldn't have called that 3rd down slant in the first place deep in our own end when the defense was playing so well. Run for the 3 yards and if you dont get it kick it away and keep your 3 TD lead.

After the dumb call they compounded it by going into kill the clock mode for a full quarter and a half as others have noted. Is it possible for them to grow or are we doomed to waste Wilson's sophomore year?

Also, my kingdom and my birthright for a power 5 level WR.

Comment

• Bullshit game. Fire them all, but much love to the boys in blue. Zach will be a BYU god.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                  Tonga is going to declare. He won’t be back.
                  I don’t think he’s a draft pick. If he shed 40 pounds of fat and replaced it with 15 pounds of muscle, then maybe.
                  Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• I just feel sick about this loss. What a missed opportunity.
                    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by happyone View Post
                      This is reminding me a bit of the '78 game that Utah won, except reversed

Comment

• I went to bed at the half.

Comment

• Originally posted by Babs View Post
                          I went to bed at the half.
                          So it's your fault. Thanks for nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Babs View Post
                            I went to bed at the half.
                            I fell asleep at halftime.
                            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                              So it's your fault. Thanks for nothing.
                              Yup. As a fan of Chokelahoma, I should have known better than to assume the game was over.

Comment

• Sitake tried to use the patented whittingham get a lead, run the ball on 3rd and long and let your defense win. He was 17-1 while leading at the start of the 4th quarter
                                "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

Working...
                                X