Holy War 2018: Feeling Umbrage? Come Kickoff, Utah will too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
    It takes a special time of homerism to claim that BYU has the better RBs and a better secondary in this game. Way to go cougjunkie, it reminds me of your defending many of BYU's shit recruiting classes in the past.
    2019 recruiting class BYU 74th, Utah 78th. GFY!

Shyne did average 3.2 ypc against a terrible run defense in Colorado. So maybe I should have rated them higher.

Please stay out of the football threads, you don't even watch the damn games. Stick to Pokémon.
    *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
      2019 recruiting class BYU 74th, Utah 78th. GFY!

Shyne did average 3.2 ypc against a terrible run defense in Colorado. So maybe I should have rated them higher.

Please stay out of the football threads, you don't even watch the damn games. Stick to Pokémon.
      I will crush you on knowledge of all things Pokémon, crush you. I watch the games as long as it doesn't interfere with Pokémon Go events.

You are right though, Shyne isn't that good.

I promise I'll be more impressed by Kotoa's 8 TDs (4 against NMSU and 2 against Hawaii).
      As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Let's add to this:

Special Teams: Sure Gay is ok, and Wishnowsky is fat (Shitty ALmond and Fat Aussie are separated by less than a yard when it comes to net punting).

But BYU leads in every category that matters:

FG Defense: #1 in the country. Teams are only 6/17 against BYU kicking field goals this year
        Kick Return Defense: BYU #13, Utah #88
        Punt return defense: BYU #16, Utah #37
        Block kicks allowed: BYU #1, Utah #128
        Blocked punts allowed: BYU #1, Utah #129

If you are scoring at home that is essentially dead last in the country in both categories. Big holes in the special teams protection. Utah has allowed 8 kicks (5fgs and 3 punts) blocked this year.
        *Banned*

Comment

I will crush you on knowledge of all things Pokémon, crush you. I watch the games as long as it doesn't interfere with Pokémon Go events.

You are right though, Shyne isn't that good.

I promise I'll be more impressed by Kotoa's 8 TDs (4 against NMSU and 2 against Hawaii).
          You should be more impressed with his 5.6 yards per carry. The 8 touchdowns is an added bonus.
          *Banned*

Comment

You should be more impressed with his 5.6 yards per carry. The 8 touchdowns is an added bonus.
            What is his best IV Shadow Ball Mewtwo. I'm not impressed by shit about him unless he has a Shadow Ball Mewtwo that is better than 90%
            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Given that he only has 32 carries for 125 yards (3.9 ypc) one 1 TD against teams with rushing defense ranked better that 117th, I am not impressed.

When the bulk of your stats are against NMSU - 128th, Hawaii - 118th, and McNeese State - FCS, you are, at best, an unknown commodity.
              "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

For comparison,

Shyne has been the primary back against Colorado - 51st and Oregon - 52nd against the run.

43 carries 229 yards. (5.3 ypc)
                Last edited by Jarid in Cedar; 11-20-2018, 03:22 PM.
                "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                  For comparison,

Shyne has been the primary back against Colorado - 51st and Oregon - 52nd against the run.

43 carries 229 yards. (5.3 ypc)
                  Please address FG Defense.

Thanks in advance.
                  *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by HBCoug View Post
                    Gross! Grow up, AJ.
                    Not that big hole or that size sicko!

Comment

Thanks in advance.
                      Admittedly, byu really defends field goals well. That is the only thing that has me worried about Saturday (besides the holy ghost, of course).

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        I love cougjunkie so much.
                        In don’t usually agree, but this week I do. Hey
                        Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Thanks in advance.
                          Is field goal defense in football kind of like free throw defense in basketball? Basically just hoping the guy will miss?

Comment

Thanks in advance.
                            It will be converted by Gay
                            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

It will be converted by Gay
                              Unfortunately, the days of Gay conversions are numbered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Congrats CJ. You had me on the edge of my seat until the end. Hard to pick a favorite part, but I think I’m going to have to go with this:

Secondary: UTe fans won't agree with this, but who the hell cares. They are all dipshits anyways. BYUs secondary is legit. The loss of Wilcox hurts as he is the best corner on either team. But this secondary is talented and the numbers show it. BYU is giving up under 200 passing yards per game, they are top 30 in the country. Utah is 55th. Pass Efficiency D they are essentially tied. Utah has given up 3 more passing tds than BYU. This byu secondary is young but I think Dayan is the best player on either side. Chances are Blair is ejected in the first quarter anyways. Advantage: BYU (especially against a young qb)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Working...
                                X