Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Holy War 2018: Feeling Umbrage? Come Kickoff, Utah will too

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    Isn’t it great to sit in your fancy DC law office, gaze at the White House, sip your latte, munch a brioche, check out the WP and tisk tisk about climate change, fiddle with that brief that’s due in ten days, and post on CS expressing your hope for misfortune for a nineteen year old kid.
    I love me some SeattleUte anyway, but this BYU SeattleUte? Yeah, I could get used to this.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
    I love me some SeattleUte anyway, but this BYU SeattleUte? Yeah, I could get used to this.
    His name is CatBlue and he is awful, absolutely awful. I want the old SeattleUte back.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
    His name is CatBlue and he is awful, absolutely awful. I want the old SeattleUte back.
    I am totally ok with both going away and DIAF

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Now you are analyzing the intent of his sportsmanship?

MORAL HIGH GROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Damn it AJ! The loser of this game always owns the moral high ground!! You know that...come on!
    Last edited by originalsocal; 11-28-2018 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
    DB- I was right, the rest of you can eff off. BYUs secondary is damn good. Dayan was the best DB on the field. They are also extremely young.
    This reminds me of the predictions that Collinsworth would be drafted higher and have a better NBA career than Delon Wright. Dayan is decent but played zone all night long. He wouldn't start at Utah because Blackmon, Johnson and Guidry are much better cover corners and Dayan's tackling attempts on Utah's last two TDs were awful. Playing zone for a CB is a hell of a lot easier than playing man, you don't need a whole lot of talent. Utah has three DBs who have a much better shot at the NFL than Dayan.

Quote Originally Posted by Seldom Seen Smith View Post
    This reminds me of the predictions that Collinsworth would be drafted higher and have a better NBA career than Delon Wright. Dayan is decent but played zone all night long. He wouldn't start at Utah because Blackmon, Johnson and Guidry are much better cover corners and Dayan's tackling attempts on Utah's last two TDs were awful. Playing zone for a CB is a hell of a lot easier than playing man, you don't need a whole lot of talent. Utah has three DBs who have a much better shot at the NFL than Dayan.
    dayan isn't a corner.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Quote Originally Posted by originalsocal View Post
    Damn it AJ! The loser of this game always owns the moral high ground!! You know that...come on!
    I rewatched all of covey's highlights (mostly fair catches). GM may be on to something. One of his high fives was half-hearted at best.

Quote Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    dayan isn't a corner.
    Didn't he begin his byu career as a corner? If he's a safety he's nowhere near Blair and Ballard is better as well. Besides, his claim was that Dayan was by far the best DB on the field that night. Not even close.
    Last edited by Seldom Seen Smith; 11-29-2018 at 01:12 PM.

Didn't he begin his byu career as a corner? If he's a safety he's nowhere near Blair and Ballard is better as well. Besides, his claim was that Dayan was by far the best DB on the field that night. Not even close.
    safety. the fact that you didn't know that tells me the byu game is the only game you've seen him play (and aren't very observant even at that) and therefore aren't worthy of engagement on this topic.

(edit) yes he did begin as a corner.
    Last edited by smokymountainrain; 11-29-2018 at 02:32 PM.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Joined in 2012. Total of 25 posts. Board name seems appropriate.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

You should rewatch that game. Dayan was matched up on Covey for a good portion of the game. Remind me how he did? (4 catches for 9 yards, for those scoring at home)

Dayan wouldn't play at corner over …… oh wait he is a safety? Yeah he wouldn't play there either.

Do we need to go back to the numbers?

Passing Defense: BYU 29th, Utah 52nd
    *Banned*

I just got around to watching the game. I turned it off at the end of the third. I honestly don’t want to see what happened.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

BYU Delenda Est Mormon Red Death's Avatar
    the Planet Lovetron, bringing funkiness to all over the world

Quote Originally Posted by Green Monstah View Post
    I just got around to watching the game. I turned it off at the end of the third. I honestly don’t want to see what happened.
    You missed the best part
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    You missed the best part
    Quote Originally Posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post

Quote Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
    You should rewatch that game. Dayan was matched up on Covey for a good portion of the game. Remind me how he did? (4 catches for 9 yards, for those scoring at home)

Dayan wouldn't play at corner over …… oh wait he is a safety? Yeah he wouldn't play there either.

Do we need to go back to the numbers?

Passing Defense: BYU 29th, Utah 52nd
    You're the guy who claimed Utah should have hired Dave Rice over Coach K. Even with the #1 pick in the NBA, Rice sucked awfully bad at UNLV.

As for your pass defense rankings, Utah played significantly better passing offenses than byu did and still has the better pass D. Dayan is good for byu, he might be a backup safety at Utah. The NFL will be the final proof, similar to how the NBA is proof you were wrong in your Wright vs Collinsworth prediction.

So, you're a guy who wants proof but the facts prove you wrong.

You're the guy who claimed Utah should have hired Dave Rice over Coach K. Even with the #1 pick in the NBA, Rice sucked awfully bad at UNLV.

As for your pass defense rankings, Utah played significantly better passing offenses than byu did and still has the better pass D. Dayan is good for byu, he might be a backup safety at Utah. The NFL will be the final proof, similar to how the NBA is proof you were wrong in your Wright vs Collinsworth prediction.

NFL performance doesn't prove anything about college performance. Do you really watch college sports and then take solace in how the players perform after they leave Utah? Given that BYU's ranking is significantly better than Utah's on Pass D, I am not sure claiming that they played better pass offense makes much difference. Your approach here might make ute-sense, I guess.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Dave Rice and Special K both have the same number of NCAA tournament appearances, only difference is that Special K has had two additional years to hit that number. Good call on the facts.

Do we really need to start a list of great college players who didn't make it in the NFL?

Delon Wright is contributing about as much to the Raptors as KC. That is a terrible argument to make. 1st round pick in his 4th year averaging 6 points a game is not something I would use to prove a point.
    *Banned*