Holy War 2018: Feeling Umbrage? Come Kickoff, Utah will too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy War 2018: Feeling Umbrage? Come Kickoff, Utah will too

Step off, JIC. I haven't been released from this calling yet.

BYU's defense is going to shock the bookmakers by stuffing the run, and repeatedly picking off Utah's freshman QB. Utah's defense will shock no one by having at least one player tossed from the game for targeting.

Zack Wilson, the would-be Ute, is going to watch with glee in his eyes as he lights up RES, completing pass after pass and slipping in a rushing TD whenever he feels like it.

LOCK IT DOWN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LVAllen View Post
      Step off, JIC. I haven't been released from this calling yet.

BYU's defense is going to shock the bookmakers by stuffing the run, and repeatedly picking off Utah's freshman QB. Utah's defense will shock no one by having at least one player tossed from the game for targeting.

Zack Wilson, the would-be Ute, is going to watch with glee in his eyes as he lights up RES, completing pass after pass and slipping in a rushing TD whenever he feels like it.
      TOTALLY AGREE!

Comment

smd, jic! go back to your failed shithole echo chamber and leave the financially and intellectually elite scholars of this chat blog alone.
        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

rise and shout!!

Comment

I wonder if there isn’t a small part of LAU that wants BYU to win so he can come here and congratulate Cougar fans so we can finally see that he really is a good guy.

Comment

Lets look at a position by position breakdown:

QB: Wilson vs Shelley- Shelley has a stellar completion percentage of 51%. But wait, I keep hearing he is a dual threat. Well he is averaging an amazing 3.2 yards per carry. The future of college football Zach Wilson has a higher rating, completes 61% of his passes, and took two girls to prom. Huge advantage: BYU

RB: Katoa, Hadley, Squally (?) vs Shyne and some other no names: Shyne is averaging 4.9 yards per carry and has 3 touchdowns on the season. He has done a decent job filling in for Zach Moss. BYUs third string running back Lopini Katoa has 8 touchdowns and is averaging 5.6 yards per carry. In fact he has 5 fewer carries on the season than Shyne. Hadley is averaging 6.3 per carry and has 4 tds in 2 starts. Hell Riley Burt is averaging 5.3. My point is 4.9 is not very good for a college running back. Advantage: BYU

WR: Hifo, Shumway, Collie, Romney, Simon vs Nacua, Simpkins, Covey, Dixon: This is tough because Utah has the best receiver in the country (just ask him) in Demari Simpkins. He has definitely backed up his mouth this year with 19 receptions for 250 yards. With that being said, BYUs wideouts are shit. Utahs are just less shitty but still shitty nonetheless. Jaylen Dixons 27 yards per reception is actually impressive. I don't think Shelley can throw it 27 yards down field though. Covey is a fumble machine. But Shumway, Collie, and Romney are all white. Advantage by the slimmest of margins: Utah

TE: Bushman/Holker vs Fotheringham/Kuithe- Bushman has more receiving yards than the two utes combined. He is also just as capable of a blocker. Dallin Holker also has more receiving yards than both of them. He seems to be one bobble away from making a huge play every game. But he doesn't always haul it in, or he steps out at the 1. Fotheringham wanted to play at BYU anyways. Advantage: BYU

OL: This is where it gets interesting. Utah averages 4.7 per carry, and they have given up 26 sacks. BYU is only averaging 4.3 per carry as a team, and has given up only 23 sacks (5 of those are Zach Wilson running out of bounds behind the LOS). BYUs pass pro for the most part this season has been good. The running blocking has been very up and down. Because BYU has to go against UTahs front 7, and Utah gets to go against a BYU front four that gets zero pressure. Advantage: Utah

DL: Utahs D-line is really good. They are top 5 in the nation in yards per carry (2.9), they have 31 sacks and an insane 89 tackles for loss on the season. Then again per MPfunk during the KVN hype train, TFLs are a made up stat along with QB hurries. So who knows. Without Corbin, BYU is in trouble. They will need a huge game from Khyris in the middle (unfortunately he is only good for about 2 plays at a time)

LB: Chase Hansen is great. Sione Takitaki is also great. Isaiah Kaufusi has really come late for BYU. But after that you see a huge drop off. Utah has a former BYU starter as a backup. So clearly they have more depth. Advantage: Utah

Secondary: UTe fans won't agree with this, but who the hell cares. They are all dipshits anyways. BYUs secondary is legit. The loss of Wilcox hurts as he is the best corner on either team. But this secondary is talented and the numbers show it. BYU is giving up under 200 passing yards per game, they are top 30 in the country. Utah is 55th. Pass Efficiency D they are essentially tied. Utah has given up 3 more passing tds than BYU. This byu secondary is young but I think Dayan is the best player on either side. Chances are Blair is ejected in the first quarter anyways. Advantage: BYU (especially against a young qb)

Lets look at common opponents:

Arizona: vs BYU: 326 total yards, 23 points. vs Utah: 318 yards and 10 points (without Khalil Tate)
              NIU: vs BYU: 208 total yards, 7 points. vs Utah: 218 total yards and 6 points
              UW: vs BYU: 460 total yards, 35 points. vs Utah 327 total yards and 21 points (Utah game was at home, byu road game)

The difference between these two teams is not much. Can't wait to watch the excuses fly from the utes and hear how they were looking ahead to the PAC-12 championship, no reason to ever play BYU again let alone in November, BYU is dirty, "enjoy your shitty pre-Christmas bowl while we play in the PAc-12 title game. Let's get them out now Ute fans.
              *Banned*

Comment

I love cougjunkie so much.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  I love cougjunkie so much.
                  I'm like LeBron James.
                  -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                    UW: vs BYU: 460 total yards, 35 points. vs Utah 327 total yards and 21 points (Utah game was at home, byu road game)
                    This game doesn't really count because Tuiaki forgot that we have a blitz package. I'm sure he won't make that mistake again.

Comment

I will agree with Cougjunkie on one thing: Ute fans are reading way too much into beating Oregon and Colorado without Moss or Huntley. Shyne is a nice player, but he is a huge step down from Moss. In Moss the Utes had a guy that is hard to bring down one-on-one and is a jackhammer in short yardage. Shyne lacks Moss' "escapability" (if I can trot out an overused QB cliche). The first guy that hits him is usually the tackler. Shyne is great if he has a big hole - he bursts through it and he has the size to knock people over in the open field. But, WAY too many runs go for no yards. He has big totals over the last two games but look at the individual runs: something like 0, 0, 1, 0, -1, 2, 47, 0, 1. He'll break a few big runs on byu, but that's it.

Also. Shelley has been good, but some of his throws are truly freshman stuff. He has good presence in the pocket (better than Huntley, actually) but he's not that speedy. But his deep ball is actually his best throw.

But, yeah, lol at BYU having the best secondary.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                        I wonder if there isn’t a small part of LAU that wants BYU to win so he can come here and congratulate Cougar fans so we can finally see that he really is a good guy.
                        "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                          I will agree with Cougjunkie on one thing: Ute fans are reading way too much into beating Oregon and Colorado without Moss or Huntley. Shyne is a nice player, but he is a huge step down from Moss. In Moss the Utes had a guy that is hard to bring down one-on-one and is a jackhammer in short yardage. Shyne lacks Moss' "escapability" (if I can trot out an overused QB cliche). The first guy that hits him is usually the tackler. Shyne is great if he has a big hole - he bursts through it and he has the size to knock people over in the open field. But, WAY too many runs go for no yards. He has big totals over the last two games but look at the individual runs: something like 0, 0, 1, 0, -1, 2, 47, 0, 1. He'll break a few big runs on byu, but that's it.

Also. Shelley has been good, but some of his throws are truly freshman stuff. He has good presence in the pocket (better than Huntley, actually) but he's not that speedy. But his deep ball is actually his best throw.

But, yeah, lol at BYU having the best secondary.
                          Gross! Grow up, AJ.

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                            Lets look at a position by position breakdown:

QB: Wilson vs Shelley- Shelley has a stellar completion percentage of 51%. But wait, I keep hearing he is a dual threat. Well he is averaging an amazing 3.2 yards per carry. The future of college football Zach Wilson has a higher rating, completes 61% of his passes, and took two girls to prom. Huge advantage: BYU

RB: Katoa, Hadley, Squally (?) vs Shyne and some other no names: Shyne is averaging 4.9 yards per carry and has 3 touchdowns on the season. He has done a decent job filling in for Zach Moss. BYUs third string running back Lopini Katoa has 8 touchdowns and is averaging 5.6 yards per carry. In fact he has 5 fewer carries on the season than Shyne. Hadley is averaging 6.3 per carry and has 4 tds in 2 starts. Hell Riley Burt is averaging 5.3. My point is 4.9 is not very good for a college running back. Advantage: BYU

WR: Hifo, Shumway, Collie, Romney, Simon vs Nacua, Simpkins, Covey, Dixon: This is tough because Utah has the best receiver in the country (just ask him) in Demari Simpkins. He has definitely backed up his mouth this year with 19 receptions for 250 yards. With that being said, BYUs wideouts are shit. Utahs are just less shitty but still shitty nonetheless. Jaylen Dixons 27 yards per reception is actually impressive. I don't think Shelley can throw it 27 yards down field though. Covey is a fumble machine. But Shumway, Collie, and Romney are all white. Advantage by the slimmest of margins: Utah

TE: Bushman/Holker vs Fotheringham/Kuithe- Bushman has more receiving yards than the two utes combined. He is also just as capable of a blocker. Dallin Holker also has more receiving yards than both of them. He seems to be one bobble away from making a huge play every game. But he doesn't always haul it in, or he steps out at the 1. Fotheringham wanted to play at BYU anyways. Advantage: BYU

OL: This is where it gets interesting. Utah averages 4.7 per carry, and they have given up 26 sacks. BYU is only averaging 4.3 per carry as a team, and has given up only 23 sacks (5 of those are Zach Wilson running out of bounds behind the LOS). BYUs pass pro for the most part this season has been good. The running blocking has been very up and down. Because BYU has to go against UTahs front 7, and Utah gets to go against a BYU front four that gets zero pressure. Advantage: Utah

DL: Utahs D-line is really good. They are top 5 in the nation in yards per carry (2.9), they have 31 sacks and an insane 89 tackles for loss on the season. Then again per MPfunk during the KVN hype train, TFLs are a made up stat along with QB hurries. So who knows. Without Corbin, BYU is in trouble. They will need a huge game from Khyris in the middle (unfortunately he is only good for about 2 plays at a time)

LB: Chase Hansen is great. Sione Takitaki is also great. Isaiah Kaufusi has really come late for BYU. But after that you see a huge drop off. Utah has a former BYU starter as a backup. So clearly they have more depth. Advantage: Utah

Secondary: UTe fans won't agree with this, but who the hell cares. They are all dipshits anyways. BYUs secondary is legit. The loss of Wilcox hurts as he is the best corner on either team. But this secondary is talented and the numbers show it. BYU is giving up under 200 passing yards per game, they are top 30 in the country. Utah is 55th. Pass Efficiency D they are essentially tied. Utah has given up 3 more passing tds than BYU. This byu secondary is young but I think Dayan is the best player on either side. Chances are Blair is ejected in the first quarter anyways. Advantage: BYU (especially against a young qb)

Lets look at common opponents:

Arizona: vs BYU: 326 total yards, 23 points. vs Utah: 318 yards and 10 points (without Khalil Tate)
                            NIU: vs BYU: 208 total yards, 7 points. vs Utah: 218 total yards and 6 points

The difference between these two teams is not much. Can't wait to watch the excuses fly from the utes and hear how they were looking ahead to the PAC-12 championship, no reason to ever play BYU again let alone in November, BYU is dirty, "enjoy your shitty pre-Christmas bowl while we play in the PAc-12 title game. Let's get them out now Ute fans.
                            It takes a special time of homerism to claim that BYU has the better RBs and a better secondary in this game. Way to go cougjunkie, it reminds me of your defending many of BYU's shit recruiting classes in the past.
                            Last edited by MartyFunkhouser; 11-20-2018, 01:16 PM.
                            As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by HBCoug View Post
                              Gross! Grow up, AJ.

Comment

Working...
                              X