Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holy War 2018-Are you guys reallysure you want to keep playing this game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    #allgayallday
    You got that right.
    sigpic
    "Outlined against a blue, gray
    October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
    Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
      I so rarely agree with OG, but he is spot on in this thread. I can't believe all you supposed BYU fans pandering to JIC for posting this crap. SUre, I'd like to see him around here, but the gall to start a thread full of smug pomposity. Unbelievable. Take this crap somewhere else.

I also don't like the name "Holy War." This has nothing to do with religion or anything holy. While the Utes are surely Godless cretins, what makes this war "holy?" The only thing religious is BYU's affiliation. Do the Utes admit they are the anti-Gods, or the anti-mormons, or the anti-religions? It's a dumb name. The name was created by idiot media people looking for a sound bite.

Look, Utah is not that great. So they won the PAC-12 south. Big freaking deal. It's like being the tallest building in Clovis, New Mexico; a true fact but really not impressive at all.

BYU will show up. The defense will rise and Wilson will perform. ALthough I would prefer BYU crush the Utes, I see a competitive game with BYU closing it out with a late score and a win.
      put your money where your mouth is and lock or delete the thread.
      I'm like LeBron James.
      -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
        put your money where your mouth is and lock or delete the thread.
        creekster isn't a mod anymore. I could do it, though. I have that authority.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
          creekster isn't a mod anymore. I could do it, though. I have that authority.
          oh, sorry, creek! ftr, i don't want the thread locked or deleted.
          I'm like LeBron James.
          -mpfunk

Comment

In the spirit of Tom Holmoe and Dr. Chris Hill's replacement, I'll tone down the rivalry rhetoric and say something nice about the U. It's an incredible honor that President Donald Trump looks to them for advice on science. It really speaks to the quality of this fine PAC12 research institution that it's the place where Donald Trump sources his scientific experts. Congrats to the U for doing their part in making America great again!

https://www.sltrib.com/news/educatio...ed-university/

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post

I also don't like the name "Holy War."
              Agree with this but for different reasons. Holy War connotes a war between religious kingdoms or empires. The Univeristy of Utah is not religious. On the contrary. It’s nothing if not a secular institution. “Holy War” doesn’t fit. It’s stupid.
              When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                Agree with this but for different reasons. Holy War connotes a war between religious kingdoms or empires. The Univeristy of Utah is not religious. On the contrary. It’s nothing if not a secular institution. “Holy War” doesn’t fit. It’s stupid.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                  Agree with this but for different reasons.

it's not a war, it's a football game. calling it a war is an insult to actual war, the tragedy and sacrifice that are a result of such. a player in this game might sprain his ankle or pull a hammy.
                  I'm like LeBron James.
                  -mpfunk

Comment

it's not a war, it's a football game. calling it a war is an insult to actual war, the tragedy and sacrifice that are a result of such. a player in this game might sprain his ankle or pull a hammy.
                    Oh brother.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

...a player in this game might sprain his ankle or pull a hammy.
                      You forgot concussions and neck injuries from all the Ute targeting hits.
                      "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        Oh brother.
                        I assume SMR is just making fun of LAUte, who took umbrage at Bronco a few years ago for making the comparison--and for using the term Band of Brothers, which was obviously a reference to WWII.
                        "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                        "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                        This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                        "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                        "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

I am curious what LAdouche thinks about gator rolls now that Utah is the dirtiest team in the country with all the targeting calls. He still doubled down after all the evidence of the NFL teaching that technique because it was safer. Then again, I wouldn't expect him or a second rate doctor in rural Utah like JIC to know much about football.

BYU is going to absolute beat the shit out of Utah on Saturday. The streak ends, and a new one begins!

Zach Wilson will not only carve up that overrated, BYU reject filled, Utah Defense. But he will piss on his uncles grave when he is done.

I can't wait to hang the Pac-12 South Champions banner in LES!
                          *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
                            I assume SMR is just making fun of LAUte, who took umbrage at Bronco a few years ago for making the comparison--and for using the term Band of Brothers, which was obviously a reference to WWII.
                            Did he really? That is hilarious.

SMR, just pretend you were mocking LA Ute and you have an easy out for that dumb post.

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                              I am curious what LAdouche thinks about gator rolls now that Utah is the dirtiest team in the country with all the targeting calls. He still doubled down after all the evidence of the NFL teaching that technique because it was safer. Then again, I wouldn't expect him or a second rate doctor in rural Utah like JIC to know much about football.

BYU is going to absolute beat the shit out of Utah on Saturday. The streak ends, and a new one begins!

Zach Wilson will not only carve up that overrated, BYU reject filled, Utah Defense. But he will piss on his uncles grave when he is done.

I can't wait to hang the Pac-12 South Champions banner in LES!
                              "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                                In the spirit of Tom Holmoe and Dr. Chris Hill's replacement, I'll tone down the rivalry rhetoric and say something nice about the U. It's an incredible honor that President Donald Trump looks to them for advice on science. It really speaks to the quality of this fine PAC12 research institution that it's the place where Donald Trump sources his scientific experts. Congrats to the U for doing their part in making America great again!

https://www.sltrib.com/news/educatio...ed-university/
                                Trump_UofU.jpg
                                "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                                "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                                This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                                "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                                "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

Working...
                                X