Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holy War 2018-Are you guys reallysure you want to keep playing this game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
    So here's the deal. BYU is going into this game as the underdog. Vegas has the Utes as a 2 TD favorite. Utah defense is fierce and their offense hasn't lost a step despite heavy losses due to injury. They just won the PAC12 South title and are one of two bowl eligible teams from their division. They're feeling good and are widely expected to roll over the Cougs. The Utes have nothing to fear and this game is a mere distraction prior to the PAC12 title game.

But there is one thing. Zach f***ing Wilson. He grew up a Ute fan. He was raised by a family with crimson red flowing through their veins. He dreamed of wearing whatever costumes UA decided to throw together for the Utes and playing in front of the MUSS. Yet when the time came for Utah to reciprocate, they were nowhere to be found. Preferred walk-on status was the meager offering of a coaching staff smitten by another. A stunning lack of loyalty to a Crimson Club family! An offer to Zach wouldn't have been a favor. He was one of the best recruits in the state of Utah. He held offers from PAC12 and B1G! He held offers from the top G5 schools! He was a wanted man, except from the one he wanted. So like the assassin he is, he chose to spurn better offers and go with the most-hated rival of his childhood love. He turned his back on a lifetime of Ute fandom. He forced his Swoop loving family to wear blue and sing Rise and Shout. He chose the harder, yet more satisfying path. Those who rejected him will feel the pain for generations. Recrimination is nigh. Zach will destroy the Utes and salt the earth. He is a competitor with a chip on his shoulder and he will never know the sting of a Holy War loss. His number will be memorialized in LES. His name will be the new standard for BYU greats. His exploits will be set to background music and go viral throughout the Cougarboard eternities. He is the one to break whatever curse has crippled BYU. He is the one who will overcome the bounds set upon us by the wanderings of Independence, the recklessness of Max Hall's mouth, the disastrousness of Jake Heaps, the closure of Ricks College, and the shunning of the Power5. The chosen one has arrived and he has chosen BYU.

Samuelson

Sitake

Wilson: You know his uncle, you know his family.

"The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

I so rarely agree with OG, but he is spot on in this thread. I can't believe all you supposed BYU fans pandering to JIC for posting this crap. SUre, I'd like to see him around here, but the gall to start a thread full of smug pomposity. Unbelievable. Take this crap somewhere else.

I also don't like the name "Holy War." This has nothing to do with religion or anything holy. While the Utes are surely Godless cretins, what makes this war "holy?" The only thing religious is BYU's affiliation. Do the Utes admit they are the anti-Gods, or the anti-mormons, or the anti-religions? It's a dumb name. The name was created by idiot media people looking for a sound bite.

Look, Utah is not that great. So they won the PAC-12 south. Big freaking deal. It's like being the tallest building in Clovis, New Mexico; a true fact but really not impressive at all.

BYU will show up. The defense will rise and Wilson will perform. ALthough I would prefer BYU crush the Utes, I see a competitive game with BYU closing it out with a late score and a win.
      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Internet is hard, JiC. Someday you'll figure out how to post that hilarious gif.
        Glad you can see all of that
        "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
          Glad you can see all of that
          Oh it was definitely worth the wait.

Comment

Oh it was definitely worth the wait.
            my vBulletin skills have atrophied with nonuse.

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
              I also don't like the name "Holy War." This has nothing to do with religion or anything holy. While the Utes are surely Godless cretins, what makes this war "holy?" The only thing religious is BYU's affiliation. Do the Utes admit they are the anti-Gods, or the anti-mormons, or the anti-religions? It's a dumb name. The name was created by idiot media people looking for a sound bite.
              I agree. It would have been more fitting for a rivalry against, say, Notre Dame. I would be OK with "Unholy War".

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                I agree. It would have been more fitting for a rivalry against, say, Notre Dame. I would be OK with "Unholy War".
                i like it

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                  I'm sorry BYU fans but you can't pray away the Gay. Gay is going to score more points than your entire team on Saturday.
                  #allgayallday
                  "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

I so rarely agree with OG, but he is spot on in this thread. I can't believe all you supposed BYU fans pandering to JIC for posting this crap. SUre, I'd like to see him around here, but the gall to start a thread full of smug pomposity. Unbelievable. Take this crap somewhere else.

Look, Utah is not that great. So they won the PAC-12 south. Big freaking deal. It's like being the tallest building in Clovis, New Mexico; a true fact but really not impressive at all.

BYU will show up. The defense will rise and Wilson will perform. ALthough I would prefer BYU crush the Utes, I see a competitive game with BYU closing it out with a late score and a win.
                    Smug pomposity. Lol.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

So here's the deal. BYU is going into this game as the underdog. Vegas has the Utes as a 2 TD favorite. Utah defense is fierce and their offense hasn't lost a step despite heavy losses due to injury. They just won the PAC12 South title and are one of two bowl eligible teams from their division. They're feeling good and are widely expected to roll over the Cougs. The Utes have nothing to fear and this game is a mere distraction prior to the PAC12 title game.

But there is one thing. Zach f***ing Wilson. He grew up a Ute fan. He was raised by a family with crimson red flowing through their veins. He dreamed of wearing whatever costumes UA decided to throw together for the Utes and playing in front of the MUSS. Yet when the time came for Utah to reciprocate, they were nowhere to be found. Preferred walk-on status was the meager offering of a coaching staff smitten by another. A stunning lack of loyalty to a Crimson Club family! An offer to Zach wouldn't have been a favor. He was one of the best recruits in the state of Utah. He held offers from PAC12 and B1G! He held offers from the top G5 schools! He was a wanted man, except from the one he wanted. So like the assassin he is, he chose to spurn better offers and go with the most-hated rival of his childhood love. He turned his back on a lifetime of Ute fandom. He forced his Swoop loving family to wear blue and sing Rise and Shout. He chose the harder, yet more satisfying path. Those who rejected him will feel the pain for generations. Recrimination is nigh. Zach will destroy the Utes and salt the earth. He is a competitor with a chip on his shoulder and he will never know the sting of a Holy War loss. His number will be memorialized in LES. His name will be the new standard for BYU greats. His exploits will be set to background music and go viral throughout the Cougarboard eternities. He is the one to break whatever curse has crippled BYU. He is the one who will overcome the bounds set upon us by the wanderings of Independence, the recklessness of Max Hall's mouth, the disastrousness of Jake Heaps, the closure of Ricks College, and the shunning of the Power5. The chosen one has arrived and he has chosen BYU.
                      GREAT post. Amen, amen, and amen!

Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                      BYU will lose, and the game is no fun any more. BYU is irrelevant to Utah today, I just wish that ute fans would acknowledge it and move on. Came home to a houseful of utes this weekend and asked them, "How's the rivalry game going?" They howled in protest but didn't say anything as long as I was passing out popcorn and dr peppers. I dont hate Utah enough to wish for an alex-smith-type season ending injury for their QBs, but let's face it - it's the only way their players sit out.

I will change my tune in exactly 3 years, when BYU is better. I rejoice in frosh bright spots such as Katoa and Wilson and Devin. Even better, little brothers on the team are actually better and more talented that their elders - a far cry from when Urban Liar complained that MAFU had way too many poly legacy players who were inferior to their elder bros. So Liar revoked offers to existing players, and 10 years later Grimes revoked offers to existing players and the only coach who honored his promise is now suffering from it. And like a 19-year old talented babe in a bullrush basket floating down the stream, we now have our Moses.
                      AWFUL post. Just the worst I've seen in a long time.
                      "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                      "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                      This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                      "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                      "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

Holy hell, the board is all kinds of mess today. I’m going to chalk it up to the compromised O2 levels west of the Rockies.

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
                          Holy hell, the board is all kinds of mess today. I’m going to chalk it up to the compromised O2 levels west of the Rockies.
                          I don’t want to be rude but I feel like you’re being very judgmental right now.

Comment

I don’t want to be rude but I feel like you’re being very judgmental right now.
                            Her pomposity is bordering on smugness.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I so rarely agree with OG,.
                              I am truly a miracle healer

-Rick Majerus

Comment

JIC is by far the best Ute trolling BYU fans here. He and CJ both do this before rivalry games. It’s unfortunate that JIC’s trolling has been more accurate the last several years. It’s in good fun and it brings JIC to the board. Double bonus.

I’ll leave the trash talk to the professionals, but the worst thing I’ve ever read on this board was Katy’s post in this thread. How she hasn’t been banned yet is beyond me.
                                A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Working...
                                X