Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holy War 2018-Are you guys reallysure you want to keep playing this game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
    I assume SMR is just making fun of LAUte, who took umbrage at Bronco a few years ago for making the comparison--and for using the term Band of Brothers, which was obviously a reference to WWII.
    Or, you know, the St. Crispin's Day speech in Henry V...

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
      I am curious what LAdouche thinks about gator rolls now that Utah is the dirtiest team in the country with all the targeting calls. He still doubled down after all the evidence of the NFL teaching that technique because it was safer. Then again, I wouldn't expect him or a second rate doctor in rural Utah like JIC to know much about football.

BYU is going to absolute beat the shit out of Utah on Saturday. The streak ends, and a new one begins!

Zach Wilson will not only carve up that overrated, BYU reject filled, Utah Defense. But he will piss on his uncles grave when he is done.

I can't wait to hang the Pac-12 South Champions banner in LES!
      For the win!
      "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        Did he really? That is hilarious.

SMR, just pretend you were mocking LA Ute and you have an easy out for that dumb post.

Enjoy these classics:

Originally posted by kccougar View Post
        Can we add LAUte's contribution on this subject from Utefans to the ALUF hall of (sh)ame?

http://utefans.net/message.php?id=11...message1186816

Originally posted by LA Ute on utefans.net
        How do you feel about college football players likening themselves to real men who actually fought, bled and died for their country, when some of their fellow soldiers are still alive?
        Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
        Not sure if this has been posted but I know you guys will want to know about it:

PURCHASE BAND OF BROTHERS PATCH

Here's what you can have to sew on your windbreaker or workout shorts:

This is even better than "stripling warriors," because although it also dares to compare college football players to men who fought, bled and died for freedom, it does so with reference to men who did so only a few years ago.

Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
        Or, you know, the St. Crispin's Day speech in Henry V...
        That's why it's so funny. Woot pointed it out and LA Ute couldn't believe it:

Actually, I probably overreacted. After all, Tennessee's teams are the Volunteers. Still, I'm a WWII buff, and I don't think football players should adopt motivation campaigns likening themselves to real people who made the ultimate sacrifice, some of whom are still alive. They're playing a game, for heaven's sake, not fighting for their lives. It's just cheesy.

(If you think that Bronco, in adopting this campaign, is thinking about Henry V, then you have a high opinion of him indeed. I know that many of those who post here wince when they see Bronco pull stuff like this.)

And, although I hate to shatter woot's illusions about being the smartest, best-read kid in the room, I can recite the high points of the St. Crispin's Day speech from memory. It was a Neal Maxwell favorite, which I am sure makes it all the more significant to the wootster.

[YOUTUBE]OAvmLDkAgAM[/YOUTUBE]
        Last edited by Lost Student; 11-20-2018, 10:12 AM.
        "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
        "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
        This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
        "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
        "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
          Agree with this but for different reasons. Holy War connotes a war between religious kingdoms or empires. The Univeristy of Utah is not religious. On the contrary. It’s nothing if not a secular institution. “Holy War” doesn’t fit. It’s stupid.
          I agree with you.

26E4AD82-7FAB-49A1-86C6-35CC627AEFDB.jpg
          A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

I am curious what LAdouche thinks about gator rolls now that Utah is the dirtiest team in the country with all the targeting calls. He still doubled down after all the evidence of the NFL teaching that technique because it was safer. Then again, I wouldn't expect him or a second rate doctor in rural Utah like JIC to know much about football.

BYU is going to absolute beat the shit out of Utah on Saturday. The streak ends, and a new one begins!

Zach Wilson will not only carve up that overrated, BYU reject filled, Utah Defense. But he will piss on his uncles grave when he is done.

Comment

Actually, I probably overreacted. After all, Tennessee's teams are the Volunteers. Still, I'm a WWII buff, and I don't think football players should adopt motivation campaigns likening themselves to real people who made the ultimate sacrifice, some of whom are still alive. They're playing a game, for heaven's sake, not fighting for their lives. It's just cheesy.
              I can't wrap my head around this statement. Some of those who made the ultimate sacrifice are still alive? What's the ultimate sacrifice then?

Comment

Originally posted by CJF View Post
                I agree with you.

[ATTACH]9230[/ATTACH]
                I prefer the Institute of Religion that is surrounded by the campus of that holiest of colleges, UNLV.

LDS-D64911-34.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                  I can't wrap my head around this statement. Some of those who made the ultimate sacrifice are still alive? What's the ultimate sacrifice then?
                  Yes, but who are we to question a WWII buff on an athletic mascot derived from the War of 1812?

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
                      Yes, but who are we to question a WWII buff on an athletic mascot derived from the War of 1812?
                      Says the fan of the (Boomer) Sooners

Comment

LOL. Well done.
                        "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
                        -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Comment

Working...
                        X