The official diet and nutrition thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The official diet and nutrition thread

Searched the archives for a general thread on this topic and couldn't find a good fit so here goes. I want to bore you folks with more stuff about diet, low carb-high fat, type 2 diabetes, etc.

This is interesting. NYC rodents developing type-2 diabetes from eating too much human junk food.

https://patch.com/new-york/upper-wes...study-suggests

Health problems such as obesity and diabetes are plaguing New York City's rodent population compared to the vermin's suburban counterparts – and the suspected cause is the human diet, according to a new study.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Searched the archives for a general thread on this topic and couldn't find a good fit so here goes. I want to bore you folks with more stuff about diet, low carb-high fat, type 2 diabetes, etc.

This is interesting. NYC rodents developing type-2 diabetes from eating too much human junk food.

They would be much healthier if they drank DMD.
    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
      They would be much healthier if they drank DMD.
      I gave up DMD!
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

I gave up DMD!
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

Comment

There is some diet discussion here as well if you're interested:

http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...out-plans-here
          "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Oh crap, now Dems are going to demand Medicare for NYC rats...
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
              There is some diet discussion here as well if you're interested:

http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...out-plans-here
              Yeah, but that one was skewed toward individual workout discussions (i.e. exercise). This is for general discussion of diet and nutrition.

Comment

I'm subscribing because I would like to lose a few pounds and hopefully a few useful tips will come through here. For now I'm just trying to eat less at meals and get regular exercise. I'm not sure I have the willpower to give up carbohydrates. Maybe do a liquid diet for a few days here and there?

There's that old joke: My New Years's resolution is to lose 10 pounds. Only 15 more to go.

That's me.

Comment

I gave up DMD!
                  Don't think that I'm going to do something crazy like give up coffee or beer in response. I am willing to give up vodka in response though, which is easy as I'm not a white woman at brunch.
                  --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
                    I'm subscribing because I would like to lose a few pounds and hopefully a few useful tips will come through here. For now I'm just trying to eat less at meals and get regular exercise. I'm not sure I have the willpower to give up carbohydrates. Maybe do a liquid diet for a few days here and there?

There's that old joke: My New Years's resolution is to lose 10 pounds. Only 15 more to go.

That's me.
                    I'd suggest Pokemon Go. I lost 15 pounds by playing Pokemon Go. I'm not kidding.
                    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                      I'd suggest Pokemon Go. I lost 15 pounds by playing Pokemon Go. I'm not kidding.
                      I think you lost 15 pounds by getting off your ass and walking around.
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Remember the recent hubbub about the british docs that wanted to create a tax on meat to recover purported costs due to poor health consequences? Now the Italians are discussing a law to prosecute parents who put kids on a Vegan diet. #teamitaly

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...P=share_btn_tw

Comment

Remember the recent hubbub about the british docs that wanted to create a tax on meat to recover purported costs due to poor health consequences? Now the Italians are discussing a law to prosecute parents who put kids on a Vegan diet. #teamitaly

lol. that's great
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

Comment

Crazy:

The proposal follows a string of high-profile cases of malnutrition brought on by veganism.

A one-year-old boy in Milan raised on a strict vegan diet was last month removed from his parents’ custody after he was found to be severely malnourished, weighing just 5kg.

Levels of calcium in his blood were said to be at the lowest necessary for him to survive and he underwent emergency surgery because of a heart condition, the English-language Italian news site The Local reported.

In June, a two-year-old toddler spent several days in intensive care in a pediatric hospital in Genoa, being treated for vitamin deficiencies as a result of her vegan diet.
                            What are these parents thinking?
                            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                              Crazy:

What are these parents thinking?
                              They're regretting not rubbing the essential oils in a clockwise motion to activate the DNA. Instead they were stubborn and stuck with a counter-clockwise motion even though their friends and neighbors pressured them and ridiculed them for putting the old-fashioned superstition above the health of their child.

Comment

Working...
                              X