• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way to go, happyone.
    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• I give up!

I'm giving up on the official diet. I got within a pound of my goal weight, but my heart just isn't in it anymore. I'll still eat a lot of salads for lunch and reduce the carbohydrates compared to a year ago, but I won't be tracking what I eat anymore. Hopefully I'll be able to hold my weight at 10 pounds under where I was a year ago. Maybe my 2021 New Year's resolution will be to go after it again.

Here's the graph of progress:

Comment

• Nice job.

Comment

• Another 5 pounds down. I've really settled into 2-3 pounds lost per week. I'm exactly 1/3 of the way to my goal.

If I average 2.25 pounds lost per week, I'm 40 weeks from my goal weight, but I anticipate that I'll start to struggle as my caloric intake decrease.
          Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
            Another 5 pounds down. I've really settled into 2-3 pounds lost per week. I'm exactly 1/3 of the way to my goal.

If I average 2.25 pounds lost per week, I'm 40 weeks from my goal weight, but I anticipate that I'll start to struggle as my caloric intake decrease.
            That's awesome.

Comment

Another 5 pounds down. I've really settled into 2-3 pounds lost per week. I'm exactly 1/3 of the way to my goal.

Still pickleball and counting calories? Or something different?
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                Still pickleball and counting calories? Or something different?
                I don’t directly calorie count. I eat meals from the clean simple eats cookbooks. Their meals are all about 250-350 calories, so I definitely keep that in mind when eating.

In addition to pickle ball, I take my 1-year old for walks frequently at night. I jog once per week, just to see how much further I can go in a set time. And then I do some high weight, low rep strength training 2-3x per week.

Comment

• One of the things I've also tried to do is to look for opportunities to walk. The little HOA gym I lift weights in is a half mile away, so I walk to and from. The track I run at is two miles away. I don't walk, but I do ride my Xootr (like a razor scooter for big kids) . And I've started walking to lunch if it's within a mile of my office. I eat delicious tacos and burn all the calories getting there and back. Win-Win.

Comment

• 52 pounds down.

Comment

52 pounds down.
                      Hot damn, that's incredible. What's your GW?
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

52 pounds down.
                        Congrats that is awesome.
                        "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                          Hot damn, that's incredible. What's your GW?
                          My goal is to exit the "obese" BMI category, which in my case is 220. I have 83 pounds to go.

Comment

• That is great. Keep going!
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

My goal is to exit the "obese" BMI category, which in my case is 220. I have 83 pounds to go.
                              Nice dude. I have no doubt you'll get it.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Nice!

Comment

Working...
                                X