Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: The official diet and nutrition thread

Way to go, happyone.
    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

UofU/BYU mixed marriage Scott R Nelson's Avatar

Default I give up!

I'm giving up on the official diet. I got within a pound of my goal weight, but my heart just isn't in it anymore. I'll still eat a lot of salads for lunch and reduce the carbohydrates compared to a year ago, but I won't be tracking what I eat anymore. Hopefully I'll be able to hold my weight at 10 pounds under where I was a year ago. Maybe my 2021 New Year's resolution will be to go after it again.

Here's the graph of progress:

Nice job.

Another 5 pounds down. I've really settled into 2-3 pounds lost per week. I'm exactly 1/3 of the way to my goal.

If I average 2.25 pounds lost per week, I'm 40 weeks from my goal weight, but I anticipate that I'll start to struggle as my caloric intake decrease.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Quote Originally Posted by Green Monstah View Post
    Another 5 pounds down. I've really settled into 2-3 pounds lost per week. I'm exactly 1/3 of the way to my goal.

If I average 2.25 pounds lost per week, I'm 40 weeks from my goal weight, but I anticipate that I'll start to struggle as my caloric intake decrease.
    That's awesome.

Still pickleball and counting calories? Or something different?
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Still pickleball and counting calories? Or something different?
    I don’t directly calorie count. I eat meals from the clean simple eats cookbooks. Their meals are all about 250-350 calories, so I definitely keep that in mind when eating.

In addition to pickle ball, I take my 1-year old for walks frequently at night. I jog once per week, just to see how much further I can go in a set time. And then I do some high weight, low rep strength training 2-3x per week.

One of the things I've also tried to do is to look for opportunities to walk. The little HOA gym I lift weights in is a half mile away, so I walk to and from. The track I run at is two miles away. I don't walk, but I do ride my Xootr (like a razor scooter for big kids) . And I've started walking to lunch if it's within a mile of my office. I eat delicious tacos and burn all the calories getting there and back. Win-Win.

52 pounds down.

52 pounds down.
    Hot damn, that's incredible. What's your GW?
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

a day late/a dollar short Sullyute's Avatar

52 pounds down.
    Congrats that is awesome.
    "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Hot damn, that's incredible. What's your GW?
    My goal is to exit the "obese" BMI category, which in my case is 220. I have 83 pounds to go.

Corporate lackey for Jesus Jeff Lebowski's Avatar

That is great. Keep going!
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

My goal is to exit the "obese" BMI category, which in my case is 220. I have 83 pounds to go.
    Nice dude. I have no doubt you'll get it.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

Nice work, GM! And per the President's personal physician [important to maintain our Trump-centric focus], you're no longer obese. Two days ago his doc gave us a purely objective, fact-based assessment of His Immenseness' physical condition, describing him as "slightly overweight."

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    Nice work, GM! And per the President's personal physician [important to maintain our Trump-centric focus], you're no longer obese. Two days ago his doc gave us a purely objective, fact-based assessment of His Immenseness' physical condition, describing him as "slightly overweight."
    Praised Be!

a day late/a dollar short Sullyute's Avatar

You and Waup are racing down that hill. Keep up the good work.

As an aside, my youngest was not eating her French fries last night for dinner, so as a father, I assumed the time honored tradition (nay duty) of finishing her food. As I started, my wife scolded me, “stop eating her food, you don’t need any more!” Ouch, apparently I need to start walking too.
    "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Princeps Inter Pares

52 pounds down.
    Congratulations to what's left of you.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Quote Originally Posted by All-American View Post
    Congratulations to what's left of you.
    Don’t you worry. There’s still plenty of me to love.

Great news! I need to lose fifty so I'm going to rely on Keto Chow to get me there. Three cheers for meal replacement shakes!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaka View Post
    Great news! I need to lose fifty so I'm going to rely on Keto Chow to get me there. Three cheers for meal replacement shakes!
    Gotta make sure the ladies enjoy the southern view of a northbound houseboat captain.

Congrats to GM and everyone else who is working on loosing that extra poundage we've picked up over the years.

I'm plateu'd a bit since loosing the 20 lbs - I'm bouncing between 185-190. My goal weight is 175.

The hard part is keeping it off. For those who don't remember, I lost 135 lbs just before I joined the board. I was down to 165, but due to stress eating I put about 65 lbs back on. I've now lost 40 of that and wnat to lose another 10.

Once again Good Luck to all those on "Body Beautification" projects, my you reach your goals, both in weight and health.

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."