No announcement yet.

2018-2019 One and Done Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maui Invitational is next week. Monday thru Wednesday- Duke and Gonzaga, if they both win their 1st round matchups would meet on Tuesday. Duke opens vs SDSU. While Zion dominated Kentucky, that tournament, particularly if they go up against the Zags, will be a much better test for him and Duke overall early in the year. should be fun and interesting. just love college basketball season.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Comment

Pause at 2:30. Holy crap.

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
        Pause at 2:30. Holy crap.
        yeah, he's not the first guy ever to have his eyes at the rim (though i'd consider it very rare), but unless my memory fails me, there has never been anybody at 280+ who could do that. calling him a freak might be an understatement. just hope he can avoid serious injury. and that his jump at least becomes respectable.
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
          Maui Invitational is next week. Monday thru Wednesday- Duke and Gonzaga, if they both win their 1st round matchups would meet on Tuesday. Duke opens vs SDSU. While Zion dominated Kentucky, that tournament, particularly if they go up against the Zags, will be a much better test for him and Duke overall early in the year. should be fun and interesting. just love college basketball season.
          College basketball gets it right with their tourney. They reward teams for playing these types of games in nonconf play. If the team wins, they get credit and if they lose they don’t get dinged very much. In fact, sometimes the mid majors can get credit for playing a powerhouse close. It’s what college football could be like if they expanded to a 16 team playoff.
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
            Crazy.
            Almost nobody else would have caught that pass let alone done with it what he did.
            "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Utah State beat St. Mary’s pretty easily tonight in Vegas.

Not sure what that means — kind of weird for the Gaels to play outside of California before their conference games force them to go to Oregon, Washington, and Utah.

Comment

Penny Hardaway is slaying the recruiting trail at Memphis. All the AAU connections are paying off. He just landed James Wiseman the #1 recruit in the country. HE has already landed 2 other five stars and a 4 star.

He is also the front runner for another 5 star.

Impressive.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...ommits-memphis
                *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                  Penny Hardaway is slaying the recruiting trail at Memphis. All the AAU connections are paying off. He just landed James Wiseman the #1 recruit in the country. HE has already landed 2 other five stars and a 4 star.

He is also the front runner for another 5 star.

Impressive.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...ommits-memphis
                  good for Penny. college basketball is better when memphis is good.
                  I'm like LeBron James.
                  -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                    good for Penny. college basketball is better when memphis is good.
                    I still recall the heady days of the Metro Conference and Keith Lee leading the Tigers! But in fairness, that was loooong before one and done days. I do hope Shenghze Li sticks around for more than one year at the BYU!
                    Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                    -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                    -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                      I still recall the heady days of the Metro Conference and Keith Lee leading the Tigers! But in fairness, that was loooong before one and done days. I do hope Shenghze Li sticks around for more than one year at the BYU!
                      Keith Lee and the "little general" andre turner.
                      I'm like LeBron James.
                      -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                        My favorite Memphis game was watching Bill Walton go 21 for 22 against them in the 73 title game. It's to bad he was blessed with terrible feet.

Comment

Gonzaga looking very strong against Duke in first half here.

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                            Gonzaga looking very strong against Duke in first half here.
                            Gonzaga up 11 at the under 4 timeout in the first half.
                            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                              Gonzaga up 11 at the under 4 timeout in the first half.
                              Duke hit a couple of late 3s to cut it to 8-point deficit.

Nice Lebron-type blocked shot for Zion Williamson running back on the fast break. That guy is such a physical freak of nature.

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                                Duke hit a couple of late 3s to cut it to 8-point deficit.

Nice Lebron-type blocked shot for Zion Williamson running back on the fast break. That guy is such a physical freak of nature.
                                That block was awesome, but I thought it might have been goaltending. The BYU-Zags matchup could be ugly.

Comment

Working...
                                X