Thread: 2018-2019 One and Done Thread

Default 2018-2019 One and Done Thread

thread title could refer to the final post count in this thread or the only reason to watch college basketball these days.

I think it would be fair to say Duke - namely Zion and Barrett didn't disappoint last night vs #2 Kentucky. 28 pts 7 rebs on 11-13 for Williamson and 33 pts, 6 assists for RJ as they dominated a very good UK team.

Reddish had a very nice game as well for Duke. Grimes of Kansas and Langford of Indiana also met or exceeded expectations in their openers. And i think those may be the top 5 picks in the 2019 draft.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Duke's frosh trio today:

Zion- 11-14 FGs, 27 pts, 16 reb
    Barrett- 9-19 FGs, 23 pts, 6 reb
    Reddish- 9-21 FGs, 7-13 3pt, 25 pts, 7 reb

These dudes are good.

Zion thru two games, 22-27 FGs, 28 ppg, 12 rpg.

if anybody has wondered what it would have looked like seeing LeBron play college ball, i think Zion might be showing us.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Pre-Historic Man

Quote Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    Duke's frosh trio today:

Zion- 11-14 FGs, 27 pts, 16 reb
    Barrett- 9-19 FGs, 23 pts, 6 reb
    Reddish- 9-21 FGs, 7-13 3pt, 25 pts, 7 reb

These dudes are good.

Zion thru two games, 22-27 FGs, 28 ppg, 12 rpg.

if anybody has wondered what it would have looked like seeing LeBron play college ball, i think Zion might be showing us.
    I saw LeBron play as a senior in high school, and he was spectacular, but I'd give a small nod to Zion, knowing he's a year older.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

This guy is probably one and done, or at least done.

Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    This guy is probably one and done, or at least done.

Done not just with basketball but also school.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/divisio...180152960.html
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

dang. even kermit washington thinks that's a cheap shot.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

So the indefinite suspension from the team I get and fully support. But barring from campus?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Omaha 680 View Post
    So the indefinite suspension from the team I get and fully support. But barring from campus?

maybe i'm wrong to feel this way, but i don't have a problem with it. the fact he did that and just continued jogging up the court as if it were a routine play - dude may be a psychopath.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

maybe i'm wrong to feel this way, but i don't have a problem with it. the fact he did that and just continued jogging up the court as if it were a routine play - dude may be a psychopath.
    Maybe I'm the one who is wrong but it seems harsh and premature. It could be that permanent dismissal from the team is appropriate and I wouldn't question it if that happened. But barring a pattern of similar previous behavior I have a hard time with banning him from campus. Seems like there should be a deliberation period and then an appeals process during which he can continue going to school.

Maybe I'm the one who is wrong but it seems harsh and premature. It could be that permanent dismissal from the team is appropriate and I wouldn't question it if that happened. But barring a pattern of similar previous behavior I have a hard time with banning him from campus. Seems like there should be a deliberation period and then an appeals process during which he can continue going to school.

that makes a lot of sense. you convinced me - assuming there is no history.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

that makes a lot of sense. you convinced me - assuming there is no history.
    You are internetting all wrong.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    You are internetting all wrong.
    yeah, i kinda suck at the internet.

ugh! there i go again!
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

In the college world of safe spaces and trigger warnings this would never fly. What if he elbows a kid during Comm 101? Would you really want that threat out there?
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

watch how high this 280 lb 18 year old gets at the 2 minute mark.

I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

watch how high this 280 lb 18 year old gets at the 2 minute mark.

Crazy.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Maui Invitational is next week. Monday thru Wednesday- Duke and Gonzaga, if they both win their 1st round matchups would meet on Tuesday. Duke opens vs SDSU. While Zion dominated Kentucky, that tournament, particularly if they go up against the Zags, will be a much better test for him and Duke overall early in the year. should be fun and interesting. just love college basketball season.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Pause at 2:30. Holy crap.

Quote Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
    Pause at 2:30. Holy crap.
    yeah, he's not the first guy ever to have his eyes at the rim (though i'd consider it very rare), but unless my memory fails me, there has never been anybody at 280+ who could do that. calling him a freak might be an understatement. just hope he can avoid serious injury. and that his jump at least becomes respectable.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Maui Invitational is next week. Monday thru Wednesday- Duke and Gonzaga, if they both win their 1st round matchups would meet on Tuesday. Duke opens vs SDSU. While Zion dominated Kentucky, that tournament, particularly if they go up against the Zags, will be a much better test for him and Duke overall early in the year. should be fun and interesting. just love college basketball season.
    College basketball gets it right with their tourney. They reward teams for playing these types of games in nonconf play. If the team wins, they get credit and if they lose they don’t get dinged very much. In fact, sometimes the mid majors can get credit for playing a powerhouse close. It’s what college football could be like if they expanded to a 16 team playoff.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Pre-Historic Man

Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    Crazy.
    Almost nobody else would have caught that pass let alone done with it what he did.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.