2018-2019 One and Done Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018-2019 One and Done Thread

thread title could refer to the final post count in this thread or the only reason to watch college basketball these days.

I think it would be fair to say Duke - namely Zion and Barrett didn't disappoint last night vs #2 Kentucky. 28 pts 7 rebs on 11-13 for Williamson and 33 pts, 6 assists for RJ as they dominated a very good UK team.

Reddish had a very nice game as well for Duke. Grimes of Kansas and Langford of Indiana also met or exceeded expectations in their openers. And i think those may be the top 5 picks in the 2019 draft.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Duke's frosh trio today:

Zion- 11-14 FGs, 27 pts, 16 reb
    Barrett- 9-19 FGs, 23 pts, 6 reb
    Reddish- 9-21 FGs, 7-13 3pt, 25 pts, 7 reb

These dudes are good.

Zion thru two games, 22-27 FGs, 28 ppg, 12 rpg.

if anybody has wondered what it would have looked like seeing LeBron play college ball, i think Zion might be showing us.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
      Duke's frosh trio today:

Zion- 11-14 FGs, 27 pts, 16 reb
      Barrett- 9-19 FGs, 23 pts, 6 reb
      Reddish- 9-21 FGs, 7-13 3pt, 25 pts, 7 reb

These dudes are good.

Zion thru two games, 22-27 FGs, 28 ppg, 12 rpg.

if anybody has wondered what it would have looked like seeing LeBron play college ball, i think Zion might be showing us.
      I saw LeBron play as a senior in high school, and he was spectacular, but I'd give a small nod to Zion, knowing he's a year older.
      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

This guy is probably one and done, or at least done.

Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
          This guy is probably one and done, or at least done.

Done not just with basketball but also school.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/divisio...180152960.html
          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

dang. even kermit washington thinks that's a cheap shot.
            I'm like LeBron James.
            -mpfunk

Comment

So the indefinite suspension from the team I get and fully support. But barring from campus?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                So the indefinite suspension from the team I get and fully support. But barring from campus?

maybe i'm wrong to feel this way, but i don't have a problem with it. the fact he did that and just continued jogging up the court as if it were a routine play - dude may be a psychopath.
                I'm like LeBron James.
                -mpfunk

Comment

maybe i'm wrong to feel this way, but i don't have a problem with it. the fact he did that and just continued jogging up the court as if it were a routine play - dude may be a psychopath.
                  Maybe I'm the one who is wrong but it seems harsh and premature. It could be that permanent dismissal from the team is appropriate and I wouldn't question it if that happened. But barring a pattern of similar previous behavior I have a hard time with banning him from campus. Seems like there should be a deliberation period and then an appeals process during which he can continue going to school.

Comment

Maybe I'm the one who is wrong but it seems harsh and premature. It could be that permanent dismissal from the team is appropriate and I wouldn't question it if that happened. But barring a pattern of similar previous behavior I have a hard time with banning him from campus. Seems like there should be a deliberation period and then an appeals process during which he can continue going to school.

that makes a lot of sense. you convinced me - assuming there is no history.
                    I'm like LeBron James.
                    -mpfunk

Comment

that makes a lot of sense. you convinced me - assuming there is no history.
                      You are internetting all wrong.
                      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                        You are internetting all wrong.
                        yeah, i kinda suck at the internet.

ugh! there i go again!
                        I'm like LeBron James.
                        -mpfunk

Comment

In the college world of safe spaces and trigger warnings this would never fly. What if he elbows a kid during Comm 101? Would you really want that threat out there?
                          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

watch how high this 280 lb 18 year old gets at the 2 minute mark.

I'm like LeBron James.
                            -mpfunk

Comment

watch how high this 280 lb 18 year old gets at the 2 minute mark.

Crazy.
                              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Working...
                              X