Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Results 271 to 276 of 276

Thread: Controlling the Blue Ballfield by Superior Ball Handling : BYU @ BSU

  1. #271
    One man.....one pie Moliere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Republic of Tejas
    Posts
    20,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
    Coaching is shitty. Offense still sucks.

    But Zach Wilson is the truth.
    I agree, but I wonder what the word is on Grimes. Is it just because he’s new to being the OC and do people thing he’ll figure it it eventually or are they down on him?

    I love Kalani as a person but am definitely not sold on him as a head coach. I wouldn’t blink at all if he were let go but I’m not sure who would take his place. If BYU isn’t willing to pay a competitive wage for a top coach, then we should keep Kalani.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

  2. #272
    Bald not naked Pelado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The 208
    Posts
    9,959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    I agree, but I wonder what the word is on Grimes. Is it just because he’s new to being the OC and do people thing he’ll figure it it eventually or are they down on him?

    I love Kalani as a person but am definitely not sold on him as a head coach. I wouldn’t blink at all if he were let go but I’m not sure who would take his place. If BYU isn’t willing to pay a competitive wage for a top coach, then we should keep Kalani.
    I'm not a fan of how that final series was called. I still haven't watched the game broadcast (and may not), but I felt like the biggest problem was the OL. It didn't open many running lanes and it didn't protect Zach very well (although he probably should have checked down or thrown it away more often than he did). This was particularly frustrating since the OL play seemed pretty solid earlier in the year - at least against Arizona and Wisconsin.

    Over on CB some are saying that with the QB change, they're also implementing new blocking schemes to take advantage of run-pass option plays that cater to Zach's skill set. That could help to explain the apparent regression from the OL. But that is also frustrating. If Zach was in the running for starter all through fall camp, why not have the foresight that he might end up as the starter and practice and scheme for it to be successful from the beginning of camp?
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

  3. #273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    I'm not a fan of how that final series was called. I still haven't watched the game broadcast (and may not), but I felt like the biggest problem was the OL. It didn't open many running lanes and it didn't protect Zach very well (although he probably should have checked down or thrown it away more often than he did). This was particularly frustrating since the OL play seemed pretty solid earlier in the year - at least against Arizona and Wisconsin.

    Over on CB some are saying that with the QB change, they're also implementing new blocking schemes to take advantage of run-pass option plays that cater to Zach's skill set. That could help to explain the apparent regression from the OL. But that is also frustrating. If Zach was in the running for starter all through fall camp, why not have the foresight that he might end up as the starter and practice and scheme for it to be successful from the beginning of camp?
    it's not a scheme thing, it's a hoge getting absolutely smoked thing
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

  4. #274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    it's not a scheme thing, it's a hoge getting absolutely smoked thing
    Don't forget Saleapaga and Empey as well. Those 3 had horrible games.
    *Banned*

  5. #275
    Bald not naked Pelado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The 208
    Posts
    9,959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
    Don't forget Saleapaga and Empey as well. Those 3 had horrible games.
    In the small amount of the broadcast I've watched so far, most of the offensive issues seemed to stem from Saleapaga's missed blocks.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

  6. #276
    Bald not naked Pelado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The 208
    Posts
    9,959

    Default

    One other play that could have made a bigger difference - Hadley's screen play that went for 59 yards. If you watch toward the end of the play, he has a lineman running downfield with him looking toward the sideline for someone to block. Had he swung his head around, he could have blocked the defender coming from the field side who ended up making the tackle. If he makes that block, Hadley scores.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •