Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Controlling the Blue Ballfield by Superior Ball Handling : BYU @ BSU

This is on Grimes.

Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    we burned 15 seconds waiting to snap the ball on the inside zone. makes no sense.
    bump. could have used half that time to spike the ball.
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Crowton’s fate was sealed in Boise. Perhaps Kalani’s just was as well.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

what the hell was that play call?
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Dang Wilson. Why. WHY. Throw the damn ball.

Well, didn't even expect it to be this close, but that hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by SCcoug View Post
    This is on Grimes.
    Those handoffs to Hadley on 2nd and 3rd were just awful, awful calls.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Princeps Inter Pares

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    Crowton’s fate was sealed in Boise. Perhaps Kalani’s just was as well.
    Nah, I think this is what gives the AD hope that the ship is righting.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

If we beat Utah, all is forgiven.

Quote Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    what the hell was that play call?
    I believe there was a quick slant to Shumway drawn up. Only problem is that Shumway was the only WR split out, so DB was able to jump the route without consequence.

we burned 15 seconds waiting to snap the ball on the inside zone. makes no sense.
    so bad. not to mention Hadley was tired from the long run on the previous play.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Quote Originally Posted by All-American View Post
    Nah, I think this is what gives the AD hope that the ship is righting.
    7 sacks and awful, terrible red zone play calling and the ship is righting?

I believe there was a quick slant to Shumway drawn up. Only problem is that Shumway was the only WR split out, so DB was able to jump the route without consequence.
    i think that's what it was as well, but you have to be in Wilson's ear that if it isn't there, throw it out of the back of the end zone. no excuse for what happened.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Quote Originally Posted by Bo Diddley View Post
    If we beat Utah, all is forgiven.
    it saddens me that this is true. We have become them.

I think I would have rather BYU won that game than lose heartbreaker at the 1 yard line. What say ye?

Princeps Inter Pares

7 sacks and awful, terrible red zone play calling and the ship is righting?
    Sure, didn't you see the game? WE (almost) WON!!

Quote Originally Posted by LiveCoug View Post
    I think I would have rather BYU won that game than lose heartbreaker at the 1 yard line. What say ye?
    bold, but i think i'm going to agree.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Swear words.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Think about that Bushman fumble now. Ugh.

Think about that Bushman fumble now. Ugh.
    Plus all those blown red zone opportunities
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

We totally outstatted them!

Princeps Inter Pares

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Plus all those blown red zone opportunities
    So many chances to win ...

Darn it.

Just one more field goal earlier...

I am numb. Still don't know what that was. Is BYU improving or did BYU just piss away their best chance of winning at Boise this decade? BYU has no more rivals because they can't win rivalry games anymore. That word is now a kiss of death. BYU is psychologically damaged. I'm psychological damaged!

Wilson is going to be a good one if he can keep developing. What we really need is for Grimes to develop. The play calling the past two games in the redzone has been awful. I don't know why he trusts the young inexperienced offensive line more than his young inexperienced quarterback. The oline has been mediocre to bad the past few weeks. Let Zach win or lose you the game.

Should have been a win. This game is going to drive me crazy.

Total mistake not putting in Jaren Hall in that last series.

that screen to hadley went out of bounds at 1:45, and we had a timeout. what a joke.
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

that screen to hadley went out of bounds at 1:45, and we had a timeout. what a joke.
    but those 4 yards on the ensuing play were huge!
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

I couldn't believe we let the clock roll 35 seconds between plays when we could get a first down at the 3. We were managing the clock as if it was goal to go. Would have been very nice to have all four downs to use after Wilson ran for the first to the 2 yard line.

I hate moral victories.

Quote Originally Posted by SCcoug View Post
    I hate moral victories.
    same, but it's a bit easier to stomach a loss such as this with a true frosh at QB rather than a 25 year old senior. there is at least some hope.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk