Time Fo No Mo Holmoe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time Fo No Mo Holmoe

I’ve appreciated Tom. I think he’s a nice guy. I think he’s done his best. He’s been good interacting with the fans. But the two major sports at BYU are in as bad of a spot as I can remember in my lifetime. His fault or not, I think changes need to happen. And soon. And I think it may need to start at the top.

Does BYU move on? If so, who is a realistic candidate?

Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
    I’ve appreciated Tom. I think he’s a nice guy. I think he’s done his best. He’s been good interacting with the fans. But the two major sports at BYU are in as bad of a spot as I can remember in my lifetime. His fault or not, I think changes need to happen. And soon. And I think it may need to start at the top.

Not Chad Lewis.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

Comment

The Montana AD is a BYU graduate.
      https://gogriz.com/staff.aspx?staff=1

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
        Not Chad Lewis.
        What about his make BYU great again brother?

Comment

How about going the business ceo route instead of athletics route? David Neeleman! It'll be great!
          Last edited by LiveCoug; 10-28-2018, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
            The Montana AD is a BYU graduate.
            https://gogriz.com/staff.aspx?staff=1
            I actually like his resume quite a bit. He should be on the list.
            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
            -Turtle
            sigpic

Comment

I don’t know if Tom needs to go but I can’t make sense of how the athletic department operates. Are the sports supposed to be businesses run by CEOs and the ADs are like a private equity group that adds value and support or are they departments within a single org and Tom is the CEO?

Comment

Holmoe has done a good job with a bad situation, I would be happy if he was fired. The things holding byu back are out of his control.
                As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

My perspective is that in order to really get BYU to a level that most of us want, it's going to require an AD that's not afraid to butt heads with Church HQ and have the swag to come out on top in that battle. Rondo was really close to being that guy, but he gave up after losing too many battles. Since then, I think we've essentially had yes men that have done the best they can without shaking the boat. It might be time for a guy that's willing to shake the boat. But then again, realistically, Church HQ is doing stuff like changing ldschurchnews.com to thechurchnews.com, so I'm not sure anyone's going to go up against that and win.

Comment

You don't remember basketball being in a worse spot than it is now? When I was attending, I remember being excited about finally getting an NIT bid.
                    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                      My perspective is that in order to really get BYU to a level that most of us want, it's going to require an AD that's not afraid to butt heads with Church HQ and have the swag to come out on top in that battle. Rondo was really close to being that guy, but he gave up after losing too many battles. Since then, I think we've essentially had yes men that have done the best they can without shaking the boat. It might be time for a guy that's willing to shake the boat. But then again, realistically, Church HQ is doing stuff like changing ldschurchnews.com to thechurchnews.com, so I'm not sure anyone's going to go up against that and win.
                      What specific things did Rondo push for and get denied?

Comment

Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                        What specific things did Rondo push for and get denied?
                        Managing title 9 by simply adding womens sports and not cutting mens programs. That is what I know of. I am sure there are more.

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                          Lol. Good one Jay.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                            Holmoe has done a good job with a bad situation, I would be happy if he was fired. The things holding byu back are out of his control.
                            this is true.
                            I'm like LeBron James.
                            -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                              Agree. But it might be time to have someone in the job with a stronger personality who can give warning of what's going to happen to the program in 20 years if they continue down this path. Probably not a big chance that will do anything. When your boss's boss's boss is getting instructions straight from Jesus and the current instructions from Jesus are to reverse a successful, multi-decade branding strategy, I doubt you're going to get very far pushing the PR benefits of BYU football for the church.

Comment

Working...
                              X