No announcement yet.

2018 mid-term elections thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it safe to assume that all criminals are GOP'ers?

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.323e8d8ea4dc

There are some really dumb people out there.

Talking about the overall popular vote is just stupid when it comes to senate races. Especially when you have a democrat running against a democrat in california and over 6 million people vote in that race.

Comment

It is now safe to say Nevada is a deep blue shade. All statewide GOP candidates were defeated save in the incumbent Secretary of State.

The Dems now control both houses in Carson City, the Supreme Court and the Governor's mansion, who is beholden to the unions. Nevada's days as business friendly are numbered. So Texas or Wyoming, those are looking like more friendly jurisdictions to set up shop.

The AG is anti-2d Amendment and pro-Tort law, being part of one of the most lucrative PI practices in the state.
        "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
          https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.323e8d8ea4dc

There are some really dumb people out there.

Talking about the overall popular vote is just stupid when it comes to senate races. Especially when you have a democrat running against a democrat in california and over 6 million people vote in that race.
          I have this all over twitter today. Just a remarkably stupid point to make.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
            People ask Trump about how he can lower the political temperature (in light of recent killings) how he can be a moral leader and how he can heal the divide in this country and he launches into a speech about how well the economy is doing.

The dude never fails to disappoint in his role as a purely materialistic, self-aggrandizing fool.
            We elected a sociopathic mob boss that save for hundreds of millions he inherited from his father would instead of in the White House, probably be in prison somewhere if he'd been born into a normal family.

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
              It is now safe to say Nevada is a deep blue shade. All statewide GOP candidates were defeated save in the incumbent Secretary of State.

The Dems now control both houses in Carson City, the Supreme Court and the Governor's mansion, who is beholden to the unions. Nevada's days as business friendly are numbered. So Texas or Wyoming, those are looking like more friendly jurisdictions to set up shop.

The AG is anti-2d Amendment and pro-Tort law, being part of one of the most lucrative PI practices in the state.
              I guess you could move. I've never really gotten the appeal of Nevada.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                Isn't the reason they cut back the Republic of Texas was so we didn't have too many GOP'ers... stealing those red votes from Wyoming:

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  technically the presidential popular vote isn't a thing under our system either. I chuckle now when I think of the question in my 10th grade history class back in the 80s about what if the president got elected without winning the popular vote. It had happened like just a couple of times in the country's history to that point, but not for at least 100 years. The teacher said that yes it was possible but couldn't imagine that it wouldn't be changed if it happened again. And while everyone who knew the Constitution knew it could happen, the concept at the time seemed really strange.

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                    I just realized I said Barbara Boxer instead of Diane Feinstein in a couple posts above.

They're kind of the same right?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                    They all look the same.
                    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                      technically the presidential popular vote isn't a thing under our system either. I chuckle now when I think of the question in my 10th grade history class back in the 80s about what if the president got elected without winning the popular vote. It had happened like just a couple of times in the country's history to that point, but not for at least 100 years. The teacher said that yes it was possible but couldn't imagine that it wouldn't be changed if it happened again. And while everyone who knew the Constitution knew it could happen, the concept at the time seemed really strange.
                      Which brings up one of my favorite presidential trivia questions: Which president was elected without winning a majority of either the popular vote or the electoral college?
                      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                        Which brings up one of my favorite presidential trivia questions: Which president was elected without winning a majority of either the popular vote or the electoral college?
                        Off the top of my head (I did not google it)
                        John Quincy Adams?

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

• Originally posted by Babs View Post
                          All the judges at the court of appeals lost due to the Beto effect. This is why the lege eliminated straight-party voting effective 2020.

I voted for all dems for judge.
                          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by happyone View Post
                            Off the top of my head (I did not google it)
                            John Quincy Adams?
                            Winner, winner.

Andrew Jackson won the popular vote and plurality of the electoral college. JQA won in the House of Representatives. He served a single term before Jackson was elected for real.
                            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                              Winner, winner.

Andrew Jackson won the popular vote and plurality of the electoral college. JQA won in the House of Representatives. He served a single term before Jackson was elected for real.
                              Now for my other favorite:

Name the only president who was never elected to either president or vice president.
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post

I voted for all dems for judge.
                                Did you vote for Hidalgo too?

Comment

Working...
                                X