2018 mid-term elections thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    If I hear another person talking about how important it is to vote today, I am going to barf.

Haven't the celebrities all moved to Canada yet like they promised?

BTW, why don't any of them ever mention moving to Mexico? Do they have a problem with the people down there or something?
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Jumping the gun?

"I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
        Jumping the gun?

thank them. They just created a new conspiracy theory for you.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueK View Post
          thank them. They just created a new conspiracy theory for you.
          Yeah... I am guessing Russian hackers!
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Nope. They're not the enemies of the people. MSNBC is.

Comment

I like how you make jokes about Russia’s campaign etc like it’s some far out conspiracy, when in fact it’s well established at this point. There have been a lot of related indictments, including specific GRU officers.

Stay edgy though!

Comment

Every year, just like today, I see many stories on-line about voting delays, long lines, etc. I went to my polling place this morning and there were only three people there when I arrived and only two more had rolled in while I was voting (and that takes a long time on the freaking california ballot with all of the money grabs, I mean initiatives, on the ballot). No wait, no delay, no problems.

Has anyone here experienced long lines or such?
                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                  I like how you make jokes about Russia’s campaign etc like it’s some far out conspiracy, when it fact it’s well established at this point.
                  What, exactly, is well-established? That the Russians try to meddle in our elections? Absolutely. That they effectively did so in manner changing outcomes? Not so much.
                  PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
                    Every year, just like today, I see many stories on-line about voting delays, long lines, etc. I went to my polling place this morning and there were only three people there when I arrived and only two more had rolled in while I was voting (and that takes a long time on the freaking california ballot with all of the money grabs, I mean initiatives, on the ballot). No wait, no delay, no problems.

Has anyone here experienced long lines or such?
                    I mailed mine in a week ago

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

Originally posted by happyone View Post
                      I mailed mine in a week ago
                      Me too.

Comment

Interesting Evan McMullin editorial concerning Trump increasing authoritarianism post-midterms.

Evan McMullin: Trump is going to escalate his attacks on American democracy post-election, no matter who wins
                        Leaders committed to self-preservation do not curtail their efforts to dismantle checks on their power under the threat of accountability.

A Democratic majority in the House or Senate is critical to reestablishing effective separation of powers and needed oversight over the Trump administration. But whether or not Democrats succeed, Trump will likely escalate his efforts to smash limits to his power.

My service with the Central Intelligence Agency taught me that leaders committed to self-preservation through authoritarianism do not curtail their efforts to dismantle checks on their power under the threat of accountability. They hasten them.

If Republicans hold the House and Senate, Trump will see evidence of national vulnerability. Emboldened, he will act more aggressively against threats to his presidency, including the special counsel’s investigation and Congressional consideration of its findings.

If, on the other hand, the Democrats prevail in at least one chamber, Trump will not stand idly as oversight committees and the law encircle him. He will fear the consequences of his inaction more than those of any potential action.

I sincerely hope that I’m wrong, but Trump has given us no reason to expect otherwise. He is prepared for this moment and we are not — at least not yet.

In the months ahead, Trump and his far-right media allies will more thoroughly flood the country with conspiracies, lies and other disinformation to impede our ability to discern the truth about his corruption. Many well-intentioned Americans will probably succumb, resolving to refocus on matters closer to home, including family, work and friendships.

He will continue to allow and even normalize foreign disinformation in his favor, which will become more sophisticated, effective and increasingly encouraged and mimicked by his loyalists.

He will more brazenly pursue nationalist, illiberal policies to energize the far-right in order to maintain control over the GOP and provoke a more radical response from the far-left, which he will in turn use to justify additional anti-democratic measures.
                        https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinio...-no-ncna931846

Comment

Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                          Interesting Evan McMullin editorial concerning Trump increasing authoritarianism post-midterms.

Evan McMullin: Trump is going to escalate his attacks on American democracy post-election, no matter who wins
                          Leaders committed to self-preservation do not curtail their efforts to dismantle checks on their power under the threat of accountability.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinio...-no-ncna931846
                          Hey, did McMuffin ever pay off his election debt from 2016?
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
                            What, exactly, is well-established? That the Russians try to meddle in our elections? Absolutely. That they effectively did so in manner changing outcomes? Not so much.
                            It is well-established that the Russians bought some facebook ads... like a couple hundred thousand dollars worth. I am not sure what those facebook ads said to convince everyone to vote for Drumpf but maybe Hillary should consider hiring those Russians to manage her 2020 campaign.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

McMullin certainly writes like a CIA analyst.
                              "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Come on Beto! Slay the zodiac killer!!
                                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Working...
                                X