Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post

I voted for all dems for judge.
    Yes. I was shocked this didn’t get a single mention on network last night. Scotex remains intact at 100% GOP, so you’re not going to see an immediate sea change in Texas jurisprudence. But the fact that every urban court of appeals was swept by dem challengers shows where the state is headed. In my region the judges lost by double digits, and even Williamson County went blue. With three dozen electoral votes at stake, the commentators might want to take note.

Comment

• "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Babs View Post
        Yes. I was shocked this didn’t get a single mention on network last night. Scotex remains intact at 100% GOP, so you’re not going to see an immediate sea change in Texas jurisprudence. But the fact that every urban court of appeals was swept by dem challengers shows where the state is headed. In my region the judges lost by double digits, and even Williamson County went blue. With three dozen electoral votes at stake, the commentators might want to take note.
        Why in the hell are judicial elections partisan races?

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
          I think one effect of the GOP increasing its hold on the Senate is that RBG is going to keep hitting the Supreme Court gym until at least late 2020.
          She might have to slow it down a bit...

Ruth Bader Ginsburg Hospitalized After Falling, Fracturing 3 Ribs

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has been hospitalized for "observation and treatment" after she fell and fractured three ribs, a court spokeswoman says.

Ginsburg, 85, fell in her office at the Supreme Court on Wednesday evening, according to the court. After "experiencing discomfort overnight," she went to a hospital on Thursday morning.

"Tests showed that she fractured three ribs on hr left side and she was admitted for observation and treatment," the statement read. "Updates will be provided as they become available."
          https://www.npr.org/2018/11/08/66559...cturing-3-ribs

Maybe she should lay off the drinking.
          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Are you reading the tea leaves that the change is ongoing or permanent? Is not a reaction of hating Trump which might be reversed?

What has changed to cause people to reject their GOP traditions?
            "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
              Are you reading the tea leaves that the change is ongoing or permanent? Is not a reaction of hating Trump which might be reversed?

What has changed to cause people to reject their GOP traditions?
              changing demographics (getting younger/more Hispanic), growth of cities vs. non-growth of rural areas.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                changing demographics (getting younger/more Hispanic), growth of cities vs. non-growth of rural areas.
                Correct. Influx of Mexicans and Californians.

Comment

and more women that don't think (about themselves)...

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I know a number of Californians that are moving to Texas, Idaho and Arizona. Not a single one that I know will tilt the scale there even a little bit from red to blue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                      and more women that don't think (about themselves)...

40% of Latino men in Texas voted for Ted Cruz. Cruz is as conservative as they come and he's not very likable. Latinos aren't even close to being some monolithic voting block -- at least obviously not in Texas and certainly not in Florida.
                      Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                        40% of Latino men in Texas voted for Ted Cruz. Cruz is as conservative as they come and he's not very likable. Latinos aren't even close to being some monolithic voting block -- at least obviously not in Texas and certainly not in Florida.
                        Maybe a lot of the Latinos didn't like the fact that Beto pronounces his name wrong.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
                          I know a number of Californians that are moving to Texas, Idaho and Arizona. Not a single one that I know will tilt the scale there even a little bit from red to blue.
                          Damn you all. Stay where you belong. Damn Californians have also putrified Nevada, which is completely deep blue. We're expecting our tax rates to increase as soon as the cretins take office.

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                            Maybe a lot of the Latinos didn't like the fact that Beto pronounces his name wrong.
                            Robert the Irishman O'Rourke. If Beto isn't cultural misappropriation, I don't know what is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
                              Damn you all. Stay where you belong. Damn Californians have also putrified Nevada, which is completely deep blue. We're expecting our tax rates to increase as soon as the cretins take office.
                              No, you should be good. No one I know wants to move to Vegas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                                A dead brothel owner won in Nevada.

Shot in the back of the head while fishing.

Comment

Working...
                                X