Zach Attack, the NIU Class: N. Illinois @ BYU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty pathetic.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
      Hate being right all the time.

This offense is no better under Grimes.

I got booed off stage a few weeks back for saying the same thing but I guess the resident almost-always-wrong gets a pass.

I shot a 74 at River Oaks so oh well.
      "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post

I got booed off stage a few weeks back for saying the same thing but I guess the resident almost-always-wrong gets a pass.

I shot a 74 at River Oaks so oh well.
        It could also be that you are a dickhead..
        *Banned*

Comment

Two things strike me as likely to be true.

One, the offense is a young group not without potential. They could be fun to watch in the next few years.

Two, we're never going to be much better than mediocre under Sitake.
          τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
            It could also be that you are a dickhead..
            Nah. You’ve got that covered.

I honestly feel bad (not pity!) for the program right now. There are some surprising young pieces but I agree with others that the talent gap is widening. 45 min to the north there’s a team in a conference with talent to burn. It should not be this way.
            "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
              Nah. You’ve got that covered.

I honestly feel bad (not pity!) for the program right now. There are some surprising young pieces but I agree with others that the talent gap is widening. 45 min to the north there’s a team in a conference with talent to burn. It should not be this way.
              Utah is a middling team in a middling conference that may never have another team play in the playoff for the next five years. Utah is in the position it is, not because of it's talent, but primarily because USC is so poorly coached and the rest of the programs in the south are rebuilding. Despite this seasons advantages, the Utes will still drop at least one more game before the season is over. Have fun with that.

Getting back to BYU, there is talent there, especially young talent but it looks like the coaching just isn't there ... yet? As an independent, I don't think BYU can wait for it to get there. And I am beginning to believe there is no 'yet' on the horizon for this particular staff.
              Last edited by tooblue; 10-27-2018, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tooblue View Post
                Utah is a middling team in a middling conference that may never have another team play in the playoff for the next five years. Utah is in the position it is, not because of it's talent, but primarily because USC is so poorly coached and the rest of the programs in the south are rebuilding. Despite this seasons advantages, the Utes will still drop at least one more game before the season is over. Have fun with that.

Getting back to BYU, there is talent there, especially young talent but it looks like the coaching just isn't there ... yet? As an independent, I don't think BYU can wait for it to get there. And I am beginning to believe there is no 'yet' on the horizon for this particular staff.
                Utah is a legit team this year playing top 20 football right now. I don't see a way they don't win the south this year. Your fooling yourself truing tip minimize the talent gap between the two schools.

Comment

Originally posted by USUC View Post
                  Utah is a legit team this year playing top 20 football right now. I don't see a way they don't win the south this year. Your fooling yourself truing tip minimize the talent gap between the two schools.
                  A legit team that lost to both Washington schools and would lose to Oregon as well? At one point this season BYU was ranked ...

Look, I'm the blue sheep in a family of season ticket holders at Rice Eccles. Every week, in addition to BYU I watch every Utah game partly out of habit because that is what I have done for nearly forty years and also so I can chat with my family as I have done my whole life. I'm indifferent to their success, except for when they play BYU—I want nothing more than a BYU victory.

There is a gap, but it is not as great as Utah fans would like to pretend it is, because it is not all over the field. At this moment, Utah is better coached, and that was true when Bronco roamed BYU's sideline. BYU needs better coaching.

Comment

Zach Attack, the NIU Class: N. Illinois @ BYU

Originally posted by USUC View Post
                    Everyone is on Utah’s tip because they have 4 straight wins:

Stanford 5-3
                    Arizona- 3-6
                    USC- 4-4
                    UCLA- 2-6

Let’s calm down a little.
                    Last edited by cougjunkie; 10-27-2018, 10:10 PM.
                    *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
                      Two things strike me as likely to be true.

One, the offense is a young group not without potential. They could be fun to watch in the next few years.

Two, we're never going to be much better than mediocre under Sitake.
                      Option number two is our truth until football purgatory ends but the coach variable is non determining factor. Independent or non-p5 will always be mediocre baring a miracle and stars aligning season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• I just hope we go bowling. That’s not a surety right now given how the team is playing. BSU and Utah are very likely losses. NMSU should be a win and UMass should also be a win, but who knows at this point
                        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Not rocket science. When your head coaching searches are limited to 5 or 6 people due to restrictions imposed by the administration, more than likely you're going to struggle. There are certainly other issues, but it starts there.
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by tooblue View Post

Bump

Comment

• Originally posted by tooblue View Post
                              Bump
                              you really went out on a limb there, dumbass
                              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                                you really went out on a limb there, dumbass
                                Do you really believe you are clever, interesting, funny ... lol

Comment

Working...
                                X