Saudi journalist chopped to bits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Commando View Post
    Yep. We know who this guy is. It's just time to remove him from power. I'm not a party guy, but I'll tell you I didn't vote for a single republican on my early ballot. I can't stomach one more person faking like they have a mind of their own and then end up kissing Trump's butt anyway.
    For years I've self identified as a Libertarian, but I still felt comfortable in many ways as a mainstream Republican. In Texas I guess it doesn't really matter how I voted because they always win anyway. But this kind of totally immoral treatment of fellow human beings is one of the things the Trump administration is doing that makes me hope every Republican loses this November. I can't wait to vote when it opens up for my state on Monday. This president needs to be checked by another branch and the Congress as presently constituted isn't doing it.
    Last edited by BlueK; 10-18-2018, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LVAllen View Post
      Not too salty at all. Particularly when some of these kids' situations may very well be the result of the entry ports denying their families the ability to enter US soil and thus the opportunity to even try to claim asylum status. Travel hundreds of miles, risk your life and that of your family, try to do the right thing, just to find out that America is closed, in violation of her own laws.
      Commando can correct if I'm wrong, but I understand it used to be legal for them to apply for asylum from their country. Trump and Sessions took that away. This isn't really about illegal immigration to them. It's about legal forms of immigration also. Keep foreigners out, especially if Hispanic.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueK View Post
        Commando can correct if I'm wrong, but I understand it used to be legal for them to apply for asylum from their country. Trump and Sessions took that away. This isn't really about illegal immigration to them. It's about legal forms of immigration also. Keep foreigners out, especially if Hispanic.
        I thought poverty was the key disqualifier not ethnic origin.
        "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
          I am being sarcastic. But Trump's words and actions seem to indicate he doesn't care much for folks from Spanish speaking countries.

Comment

No- asylum by definition must be applied for in the U.S. Trump and Sessions are narrowing the scope of what qualifies as asylum-- for example they are whittling down cases of women imprisoned in abusive domestic relationships in countries where the government is unwilling to step in and protect women. Sessions calls this a "personal matter" rather than one of public concern. What a guy.

Also, I'm seeing a lot of dipshits on Twitter screaming about the caravan from Honduras and how they must not reach U.S. soil. Asylum is set aside, authorized, and appropriated by Congress and international treaty. Why should anybody be alarmed that folks are headed to the border to apply for asylum?
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
              What are you talking about here?
              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Commando can correct if I'm wrong, but I understand it used to be legal for them to apply for asylum from their country. Trump and Sessions took that away.
                Oh I think I get what you were referring to here-- refugees. Yes, Trump drastically capped the numbers of refugees the U.S. will accept. Refugees are basically asylees that are pre-screened by the U.N. from refugee camps somewhere in the world and sent to the U.S. after extensive U.S.-based security screening out of the list of U.N. countries that accepts refugees. Trump's an asshole.

Comment

Oh I think I get what you were referring to here-- refugees. Yes, Trump drastically capped the numbers of refugees the U.S. will accept. Refugees are basically asylees that are pre-screened by the U.N. from refugee camps somewhere in the world and sent to the U.S. after extensive U.S.-based security screening out of the list of U.N. countries that accepts refugees. Trump's an asshole.
                  He is here to protect us from the brown hoard who want to rape our pure white women, because a valiant person like him abhors all sexual assault.

So he threatened to seal the boarder? The guy’s crazy and what’s scarier is he often tries to do what he says.
                  Last edited by frank ryan; 10-18-2018, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                    $17 billion in arms sales. One dead journalist ain't no thing.
                    So many bootlickers... hard to keep track:
                    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                    Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                    You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                      $17 billion in arms sales. One dead journalist ain't no thing.
                      From the pro-Trump Mother Jones... this hit piece on the Clintons and ties to SA:
                      Hillary Clinton Oversaw US Arms Deals to Clinton Foundation Donors

In 2011, the State Department cleared an enormous arms deal: Led by Boeing, a consortium of American defense contractors would deliver $29 billion worth of advanced fighter jets to Saudi Arabia, despite concerns over the kingdom’s troublesome human rights record. In the years before Hillary Clinton became secretary of state, Saudi Arabia had contributed $10 million to the Clinton Foundation, and just two months before the jet deal was finalized, Boeing donated $900,000 to the Clinton Foundation, according to an International Business Times investigation released Tuesday.

Nobody is draining this swamp, not even President Trump.
                      Last edited by Walter Sobchak; 10-20-2018, 08:17 AM.
                      You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                      Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                      You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Trump's take on the Kashoggi murder:

"They had a very bad original concept. It was carried out poorly. And the cover-up was one of the worst in the history of cover-ups. It's very simple. Bad deal. Should have never been thought of. Somebody really messed up,"
                        It's incredible that Trump's take-away is not that it was wrong to murder Kashoggi but that the Saudis planned and executed the murder badly and then covered it up badly. If we're doomed to be have a sociopath for a President, can't we at least have a self-aware sociopath?
                        "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
                          Trump's take on the Kashoggi murder:

It's incredible that Trump's take-away is not that it was wrong to murder Kashoggi but that the Saudis planned and executed the murder badly and then covered it up badly. If we're doomed to be have a sociopath for a President, can't we at least have a self-aware sociopath?
                          Lol. Too much to ask, I guess.

Two years in and I am still constantly amazed at how inept he is. I can't imagine a worse president.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

No "it is unacceptable to murder a journalist?" Would it kill him to say something in furtherance of human dignity or decency? Any random poster here would honestly make a better president. Even the bots that show up from time to time. Anybody's worst gaffe on here wouldn't hold a candle to Trump's daily f*k ups. Compared to his usual fare, it would be downright charming if Trump were to accidentally post a video of a butthole being tattooed on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              I can't imagine a worse president.
                              Yet he seems that daily he takes us all beyond our wildest imaginations!

Comment

No "it is unacceptable to murder a journalist?" Would it kill him to say something in furtherance of human dignity or decency? Any random poster here would honestly make a better president. Even the bots that show up from time to time. Anybody's worst gaffe on here wouldn't hold a candle to Trump's daily f*k ups. Compared to his usual fare, it would be downright charming if Trump were to accidentally post a video of a butthole being tattooed on Twitter.
                                Lol. POTD.
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X