Saudi journalist chopped to bits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
    Ted, was 9/11 an inside job? Did the holocaust happen? Is the earth flat?
    don't forget the "fake" moon landings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
      The ISIS parody flag was a nice touch...

Clearly it was the work of Larry the Cable Guy... Take it to the bank.
      From a discussion I heard earlier today on CNN, this was a popular meme that made its rounds on alt-right sites a couple of years ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
        From a discussion I heard earlier today on CNN, this was a popular meme that made its rounds on alt-right sites a couple of years ago.
        There is the "smok'n gun"!... and now even CNN said it was so. You should call the FBI.

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
          There is the "smok'n gun"!... and now even CNN said it was so. You should call the FBI.

Doesn't prove anything. Does cast at least a little doubt on the conspiracy theory that this is somehow a DNC orchestrated fake attack on its own people. I wonder if they asked the Clinton's or pres Obama if they were ok with it.

Comment

• I am with Pinker on this one. Yawn...

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              I am with Pinker on this one. Yawn...

It's still news. Does someone have to die before the media decides to report on it? Now go find who did it and let him serve some time in the slammer.
              Last edited by BlueK; 10-25-2018, 12:20 PM.

Comment

It's still news. Does someone have to die before the media decides to report on it? Now go find who did it and let him serve some time in the slammer.
                Easy there. Nobody claimed it isn't news. Yesterday I saw some left-wing commentator on twitter saying it was the worst single-day attack on democracy in US history. Good grief. Some nutjob mailed some non-functioning bombs. Let's keep a little perspective here.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Easy there. Nobody claimed it isn't news. Yesterday I saw some left-wing commentator on twitter saying it was the worst single-day attack on democracy in US history. Good grief. Some nutjob mailed some non-functioning bombs. Let's keep a little perspective here.
                  Commentary is different, and yes in some cases, and of course especially over social media, it has been over the top on both sides. But the straight reporting on traditional sources like CNN and others has been pretty straightforward and professional, IMO.

Comment

Commentary is different, and yes in some cases, and of course especially over social media, it has been over the top on both sides. But the straight reporting on traditional sources like CNN and others has been pretty straightforward and professional, IMO.
                    I have been working at home some this week and have had the tv on in the background flipping between channels. I don’t think the three major cable news channels even make much of an effort to separate opinion and commentary from fact reporting. They don’t even bleed into each other anymore. They are almost indistinguishable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                      I have been working at home some this week and have had the tv on in the background flipping between channels. I don’t think the three major cable news channels even make much of an effort to separate opinion and commentary from fact reporting. They don’t even bleed into each other anymore. They are almost indistinguishable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Social media is the main offender when it comes to nonsense commentary, and not the traditional outlets, IMO.

Comment

*if they just used enough postage...

DqXrG0EX0AAG5SF.jpg
                        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Social media is the main offender when it comes to nonsense commentary, and not the traditional outlets, IMO.
                          This chat board included!
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I see the problem not that the commentary is nonsense, but that neither the outlets nor their viewers seem to discern the difference between commentary and fact based reporting, the latter of which has largely disappeared.
                            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• CIA says Crown Prince ordered the killing of Khashoggi. I suspected this from early on. What's the fall-out? Maybe not so much from our current Executive Branch, but long-term, how will this play out?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                                CIA says Crown Prince ordered the killing of Khashoggi. I suspected this from early on. What's the fall-out? Maybe not so much from our current Executive Branch, but long-term, how will this play out?
                                No fallout for Saudi Arabia, Orange Il Duce will not hold them accountable, just like he does with Russia. He's more concerned with our real enemies, the EU and NATO.
                                Last edited by frank ryan; 11-16-2018, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X