Saudi journalist chopped to bits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saudi journalist chopped to bits

Anyone have any thoughts on this piece of news?

$17 billion in arms sales. One dead journalist ain't no thing.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
    Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
    You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Not just a Saudi journalist, but a green card holder in the U.S.- about as close to a citizen as you can get. Pretty horrific.
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Somewhat predictably Trump seems to be trying to run interference for the Saudis. After Trump in his 60 Minutes interview threw out the idea that maybe it was "rogue operatives" at fault, the Saudis seem to be officially running with that explanation. How much does the Trump Organization stand to lose in business if relations with Saudi Arabia turn bad or if there are sanctions? That's probably all you need to know about Trump's reaction.
        Last edited by BlueK; 10-16-2018, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Worked for WaPo, right?
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
            Worked for WaPo, right?
            Yes

Comment

Originally posted by BlueK View Post
              Somewhat predictably Trump seems to be trying to run interference for the Saudis. After Trump in his 60 Minutes interview threw out the idea that maybe it was "rogue operatives" at fault, the Saudis seem to be officially running with that explanation. How much does the Trump Organization stand to lose in business if relations with Saudi Arabia turn bad or if there are sanctions? That's probably all you need to know about Trump's reaction.
              Well shit- most of the 9-11 hijackers were Saudis but yet Saudi Arabia is conspicuously absent from the countries affected by the Muslim ban. Most of the countries on that list have almost zero connection to terrorism and present no threat outside the perceived threat of being Muslim. I'm sure it has nothing to do with $$$ though.
              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                Anyone have any thoughts on this piece of news?
                It was just maybe a mistake...

Saudis May Admit Khashoggi Was Killed in Interrogation by Mistake

When you are interrogating with a bone saw sometimes you may slip and accidentally cut someone.
                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
                  Well shit- most of the 9-11 hijackers were Saudis but yet Saudi Arabia is conspicuously absent from the countries affected by the Muslim ban. Most of the countries on that list have almost zero connection to terrorism and present no threat outside the perceived threat of being Muslim. I'm sure it has nothing to do with $$$ though.
                  We should invade Saudi Arabia so we can sell them some more weapons to defend themselves with.
                  "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Yeah, but S.A. has been our bro forever, despite all the terrorism being exported from there. Trump's actions are just status quo.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Did you ever read the declassified Saudi pieces of the 9/11 report? Their intelligence agents and vips had a hand in funding the hijackers and stuff. Some factions were definitively not friendly, but they are strategically very important.
                      Last edited by frank ryan; 10-16-2018, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                        Yeah, but S.A. has been our bro forever, despite all the terrorism being exported from there. Trump's actions are just status quo.
                        This is true but our domestic oil capacity should give us more freedom to at least be offended for accidently going mid-evil on a journalist during "routine" interrogation.
                        Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                        -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                        -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                          This is true but our domestic oil capacity should give us more freedom to at least be offended for accidently going mid-evil on a journalist during "routine" interrogation.
                          I'll bet they are secretly very upset.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueK View Post

A ton, but those on one side of the course political spectrum have zero interest in his businesses impacting policies.

Comment

It's interesting that in the interest of preserving billions in arms sales, the U.S. may not aggressively pursue justice for Khashoggi whose uncle was one of the world's biggest gun runners and arms dealers.

Comment

Working...
                              X