Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Saudi journalist chopped to bits

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    No "it is unacceptable to murder a journalist?" Would it kill him to say something in furtherance of human dignity or decency? Any random poster here would honestly make a better president. Even the bots that show up from time to time. Anybody's worst gaffe on here wouldn't hold a candle to Trump's daily f*k ups. Compared to his usual fare, it would be downright charming if Trump were to accidentally post a video of a butthole being tattooed on Twitter.
    I don't know. Not sure if I'd take Uncle Ted But Hillary/Obama bot over Trump.

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Lol. Too much to ask, I guess.

Two years in and I am still constantly amazed at how inept he is. I can't imagine a worse president.
    A timely reminder:

God@TheTweetOfGod:

In an ideal scenario the President of the United States and the worst human being in the world would be two different people.

I can't imagine a worse president.
    Maybe you forgot the reason that people give why they voted for Drumpf:

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post

Speaking of which, you haven't been mailing any packages lately, have you?
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

How I wish that ethically challenged unlikeable candidate with a ton of baggage who would have likely turned out to be a mediocre president were president now.

Speaking of which, you haven't been mailing any packages lately, have you?
    I think you have me confused with the some other Ted...

"I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    How I wish that ethically challenged unlikeable candidate with a ton of baggage who would have likely turned out to be a mediocre president were president now.
    Yep.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

I think you have me confused with the some other Ted...

Well you do have a yard sign up for that guy and are constantly posting pro-Cruz or anti-O’Rourke stuff.
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

how long before the far far right floats the idea out there that these were all fake bombs and the sender was actually a leftist trying to make conservatives look bad right before the election? I give it about 24 hours with Trump repeating the theory about 24 hours after that.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    how long before the far far right floats the idea out there that these were all fake bombs and the sender was actually a leftist trying to make conservatives look bad right before the election? I give it about 24 hours with Trump repeating the theory about 24 hours after that.
    It's already out there on twitter.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    It's already out there on twitter.
    dang.

Here's a radical idea...it was actually a crazy person motivated more by crazy than by politics.

Oh it's 100% out there. I read one tweet that this is right out of the Dems' playbook! Just like the migrant caravan and Kav getting accused of sexual assault.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

you really don't read CB anymore, do you?
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Quote Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    you really don't read CB anymore, do you?
    Not much. I read basketball posts sometimes.

They’re already doing it. They read memes and tweets and eschew actual articles written by journalists. They are disconnected from reality. They demonize all liberals and have a cult-member-cult-leader relationship with Trump. Although they talk about liberals as being evil and openly wish them harm when one of them follows through they blame the left.

Not much. I read basketball posts sometimes.
    let me just say, it didn't take anywhere near 24 hours.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    Oh it's 100% out there. I read one tweet that this is right out of the Dems' playbook! Just like the migrant caravan and Kav getting accused of sexual assault.
    What do they say when the guy who did it gets arrested and it turns out to be a crazy dude living in a shack somewhere in W. Virginia with Confederate and neo-nazi flags all over his house? Framed?

What do they say when the guy who did it gets arrested and it turns out to be a crazy dude living in a shack somewhere in W. Virginia with Confederate and neo-nazi flags all over his house? Framed?
    Or another loonie in Logan, Utah.

I think it is some crazy that took Hillary serious that civility was over until the Dems win... Of course, it is the dems fault.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    They’re already doing it. They read memes and tweets and eschew actual articles written by journalists. They are disconnected from reality. They demonize all liberals and have a cult-member-cult-leader relationship with Trump. Although they talk about liberals as being evil and openly wish them harm when one of them follows through they blame the left.
    To be fair - the "they" you're talking about are on both sides of the aisle.

Both sides have a large group of people disconnected from reality. Both sides have large groups of people who demonize all liberals/conservatives and have a cult-member-cult-leader relationship with Trump/Clinton/Bernie/fill in the blank. Both have large groups who talk about their opposite (conservative or liberal) as being evil and openly wish them harm. And when one of them follows up, they blame the other side as being responsible for the attack against them.

This isn't one of those things you can paint with a simple brush. In doing so - you are no better than those you are describing. Who attribute all of the bad behavior to the opposition without recognizing the trouble their own side breeds.

Ah... why is this pipe bomb still armed (i.e., the wires not cut)? And is that an ISIS flag on it? And where did Debbie Wasserman Shultz learn to spell Florids? It only takes six stamps to mail a pipe bomb? No wonder the USPS is losing money.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/24/n...ve-device.html
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Well you do have a yard sign up for that guy and are constantly posting pro-Cruz or anti-O’Rourke stuff.
    Who's O'Rourke?
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    To be fair - the "they" you're talking about are on both sides of the aisle.

Both sides have a large group of people disconnected from reality. Both sides have large groups of people who demonize all liberals/conservatives and have a cult-member-cult-leader relationship with Trump/Clinton/Bernie/fill in the blank. Both have large groups who talk about their opposite (conservative or liberal) as being evil and openly wish them harm. And when one of them follows up, they blame the other side as being responsible for the attack against them.

This isn't one of those things you can paint with a simple brush. In doing so - you are no better than those you are describing. Who attribute all of the bad behavior to the opposition without recognizing the trouble their own side breeds.
    The cult leader phenomenon is specific to Trump.

Ah... why is this pipe bomb still armed (i.e., the wires not cut)? And is that an ISIS flag on it? And where did Debbie Wasserman Shultz learn to spell Florids? It only takes six stamps to mail a pipe bomb? No wonder the USPS is losing money.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/24/n...ve-device.html
    Classy response

Classy response
    You didn't answer my questions, dammit.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

The cult leader phenomenon is specific to Trump.
    No. It really is not. If you can't see that, you need to take a step back and reconsider your ability to even pretend to be objective in spite of your biases.

If you don't think Bernie, Hillary, and Obama have/had large groups of people who view/ed and follow/ed them in cult-like fashion, you just aren't being honest with yourself.

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

... And where did Debbie Wasserman Shultz learn to spell Florids? ]
    You should also ask why Debbie Wasserman Schultz can't spell her own name correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    You should also ask why Debbie Wasserman Schultz can't spell her own name correctly.
    That just validates that it is really from Debbie Wasserman Schultz.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Last edited by Uncle Ted; 10-24-2018 at 07:27 PM.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!