Saudi journalist chopped to bits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
    What do you mean by "stupid citizenship" in the above quote?
    *people seem to worship that status. It ain't shit. It takes no work and our government has applied an English test to it inexplicably, even though we have no national language.
    Last edited by Commando; 10-17-2018, 06:49 PM.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
      So does google maps know how to find someone's home given a just PO box number? That might be important say for 911 services.
      You mean besides from a cell phone signal?

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
        So does google maps know how to find someone's home given a just PO box number? That might be important say for 911 services.
        I'm sure emergency services are slow on the res as a rule, but tribal cops probably can find their way around quite well.

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
          *people seem to worship that status. It ain't shit. It takes no work and our government has applied an English test to it inexplicably, even though we have no national language.
          Birthright citizenship is the next target for pumkin skin.

Comment

Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
            Birthright citizenship is the next target for pumkin skin.
            yeah there's that, too...
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              Commando is extra salty lately about everything. Bless his heart.
              Of course he is. He has to professionally deal with the dumbfuckery that comes down the Trump administration in terms of immigrtion policy. Can't really tune him out by turning off twitter or ignoring Ted's altright memes.

Comment

Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                Of course he is. He has to professionally deal with the dumbfuckery that comes down the Trump administration in terms of immigrtion policy. Can't really tune him out by turning off twitter or ignoring Ted's altright memes.
                I think you nailed it, now that you mention it... Trump also gets on TV and directly talks shit on/lies about immigration attorneys as he and sessions work to curtail passé American conventions like due process and refugee assistance. He's a classic asshole privileged bully cliche from pick your 80s movie. Forgive me if my overwhelming thirst to take a lead pipe to his shitty orange grill spills over onto this board in the form of 'salty' comments.

Comment

Thanks to our brilliant current administration, processing times are doubling and tripling, depending on the application (e.g. in one basis of residency that I routinely work in, processing times have gone from 5 months to 2 years just in the last three years for no good reason-- there's no quotas that are clearing, etc. Work permit renewals have gone from 2-3 months to 7-9 months-- and they have to be renewed every year. Seriously f*k this administration if I haven't made that clear before). Funds are being drained from USCIS (and FEMA for that matter) and funneled into ICE for no reason other than to back up some dumb off-the-cuff campaign promises that have no basis in practicality or reality.
                  Is USCIS still backed up demanding toddlers and non-vocal infants prove their case for asylum without the benefit of counsel?

Comment

Originally posted by LVAllen View Post
                    Is USCIS still backed up demanding toddlers and non-vocal infants prove their case for asylum without the benefit of counsel?
                    That would be EOIR, and yes. My latest favorite thing about this administration and era in which we live is foster kids that were kidnapped by the U.S. government at the border, whose parents were deported in the meantime, being adopted by American families. Those parents' anguish and the living hell they are going through back in Guatemala not knowing what ever became of their sweet children and having no recourse. Sorry if I come off as too salty as I bring up these casual atrocities in which we are all very much complicit.
                    Last edited by Commando; 10-18-2018, 11:10 AM.

Comment

That would be EOIR, and yes. My latest favorite thing about this administration and era in which we live is foster kids that were kidnapped by the U.S. government at the border, whose parents were deported in the meantime, being adopted by American families. Those parents' anguish and the living hell they are going through back in Guatemala not knowing what ever became of their sweet children and having no recourse. Sorry if I come off as too salty as I bring up these casual atrocities in which we are all very much complicit.
                      No tolerance for these kids, but we'll take them and let them stay here anyway as long as they are given to a different family. What a freaking joke. In Trump's last TV interview he seemed to indicate the separations are going to start again.

Comment

I was not complaining about your saltiness! Just noting it. I have always been on #teamcommando.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Not too salty at all. Particularly when some of these kids' situations may very well be the result of the entry ports denying their families the ability to enter US soil and thus the opportunity to even try to claim asylum status. Travel hundreds of miles, risk your life and that of your family, try to do the right thing, just to find out that America is closed, in violation of her own laws.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            I was not complaining about your saltiness! Just noting it. I have always been on #teamcommando.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                              No tolerance for these kids, but we'll take them and let them stay here anyway as long as they are given to a different family. What a freaking joke. In Trump's last TV interview he seemed to indicate the separations are going to start again.
                              Yep. We know who this guy is. It's just time to remove him from power. I'm not a party guy, but I'll tell you I didn't vote for a single republican on my early ballot. I can't stomach one more person faking like they have a mind of their own and then end up kissing Trump's butt anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by LVAllen View Post
                                Not too salty at all. Particularly when some of these kids' situations may very well be the result of the entry ports denying their families the ability to enter US soil and thus the opportunity to even try to claim asylum status. Travel hundreds of miles, risk your life and that of your family, try to do the right thing, just to find out that America is closed, in violation of her own laws.
                                This administration doesn't believe in refugees or asylum status. Sessions is single-handedly undoing decades of refined asylum law by referring key cases to himself, which allows him to rewrite the law to suit his own taste. Something very wrong about what's going on. Arresting parents and referring them to federal custody for the unlawful entry, telling them they can return to their families if they withdraw their asylum claim... this is the opposite of American.

Comment

Working...
                                X