Saudi journalist chopped to bits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    It's interesting that in the interest of preserving billions in arms sales, the U.S. may not aggressively pursue justice for Khashoggi whose uncle was one of the world's biggest gun runners and arms dealers.
    I notice you didn't say 'ironic.' Is that because people are such a-holes here?
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
      I notice you didn't say 'ironic.' Is that because people are such a-holes here?
      lol. I typed "ironic" first, but decided it wasn't worth the trouble. So I replaced it with "interesting" despite the word "interest" appearing clunkily four words later. Sad!

With the recent (welcome) appearances of various board emeriti from extinct fora like UFN, CG, etc., 'Napper and I were commiserating this very afternoon on our loss of mojo from nearly two decades ago. Now please adjust my shawl and look away...

Comment

Give us about three more years to complete some of the pipelines coming out of the Permian and we’ll have enough production and takeaway capacity to give the Saudi’s the finger.
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
          Yeah, but S.A. has been our bro forever, despite all the terrorism being exported from there. Trump's actions are just status quo.
          Right, it's been a punk country for a long time and the US has allowed it or looked the other way. Good hell, they're responsible in large part for the worst foreign attack ever on American soil. This is as good a time as any to cut them loose.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueK View Post
            Right, it's been a punk country for a long time and the US has allowed it or looked the other way. Good hell, they're responsible in large part for the worst foreign attack ever on American soil. This is as good a time as any to cut them loose.
            Maybe so. Just don't blame this on Trump being Trump. Its America being America.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Maybe so. Just don't blame this on Trump being Trump. Its America being America.
              Some of it is Trump. I can't really think of a previous president who would have tried this hard to overlook a foreign leader ordering the murder of one of their citizens on foreign soil. Same thing happened with Russia and the nerve agent used in England.

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                Give us about three more years to complete some of the pipelines coming out of the Permian and we’ll have enough production and takeaway capacity to give the Saudi’s the finger.
                Yep, at $15 per barrel!
                Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

So Turkey has audio and video of the murder and offered all this information to the U.S. government as they should. The Saudi Consulate to Turkey was IN THE ROOM when the murder and dismemberment occurred. The plan was to make the journalist disappear, replace him with a lookalike who would return to SA with his passport, get arrested, and then "go to jail" for perpetuity in SA.

Trump, knowing all this, says we have no idea who did it. :thumbsup:
                  "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

So Turkey has audio and video of the murder and offered all this information to the U.S. government as they should. The Saudi Consulate to Turkey was IN THE ROOM when the murder and dismemberment occurred. The plan was to make the journalist disappear, replace him with a lookalike who would return to SA with his passport, get arrested, and then "go to jail" for perpetuity in SA.

They buy a lot of expensive apartments in NY -- Trump's own words. I'll leave it to his cult following to explain why that should have anything whatsoever to do with US foreign policy.

Even if you want to talk about the complexities of foreign relations in the very difficult part of the world that is the Middle East, I don't know how a reasonable person can't be at least a little concerned about how Trump is responding to this. Comparing it to the Kavanaugh hearings? REALLY?
                    Last edited by BlueK; 10-17-2018, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Cool... I didn't know those new Apple Watches had cameras!
                      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                        lol. I typed "ironic" first, but decided it wasn't worth the trouble. So I replaced it with "interesting" despite the word "interest" appearing clunkily four words later. Sad!

With the recent (welcome) appearances of various board emeriti from extinct fora like UFN, CG, etc., 'Napper and I were commiserating this very afternoon on our loss of mojo from nearly two decades ago. Now please adjust my shawl and look away...
                        lol. what a bunch of douchebags we are. ha.
                        I'm like LeBron James.
                        -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                          Some of it is Trump. I can't really think of a previous president who would have tried this hard to overlook a foreign leader ordering the murder of one of their citizens on foreign soil. Same thing happened with Russia and the nerve agent used in England.
                          Of course you can't. You've got Trump goggles on, my friend.
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

So - help me out here.

I agree that it isn't cool that Saudi Arabia apparently ordered the murder of this guy. Or tortured him and "accidentally" killed him, or whatever. Not cool at all. There should be some accountability.

All that aside - the guy is a Saudi national, right? So - a foreigner gets killed in third country. What is the US's role in all of this? I get that he had a green card and had been living in the USA. But wasn't he still a Saudi citizen? What is the USA's obligation to foreign citizens who have a green card and are killed in another country?

Not trying to minimize what happened at all. Just seems like this is an example of another human rights violation - like many that occur all around the world all the time. What makes the USA the "world police" responsible for addressing this? Shouldn't the UN take it up? Or Turkey - if it occurred in their country?

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                              So - help me out here.

I agree that it isn't cool that Saudi Arabia apparently ordered the murder of this guy. Or tortured him and "accidentally" killed him, or whatever. Not cool at all. There should be some accountability.

All that aside - the guy is a Saudi national, right? So - a foreigner gets killed in third country. What is the US's role in all of this? I get that he had a green card and had been living in the USA. But wasn't he still a Saudi citizen? What is the USA's obligation to foreign citizens who have a green card and are killed in another country?

Not trying to minimize what happened at all. Just seems like this is an example of another human rights violation - like many that occur all around the world all the time. What makes the USA the "world police" responsible for addressing this? Shouldn't the UN take it up? Or Turkey - if it occurred in their country?
                              He is a resident of the US with a green card.

Comment

Of course you can't. You've got Trump goggles on, my friend.
                                Lol, knock it off. Trump’s response is not normal. The rogue killer stuff sounds like OJ searching for the Colombians, and Trump’s muted reaction to what happened in the UK the attempted assassinations was in stark contrast to how our closest allies spoke out. Previous presidents wouldn’t act in the same manner.

Comment

Working...
                                X