Saudi journalist chopped to bits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
    Lol, knock it off. Trump’s response is not normal. The rogue killer stuff sounds like OJ searching for the Colombians, and Trump’s muted reaction to what happened in the UK the attempted assassinations was in stark contrast to how our closest allies spoke out. Previous presidents wouldn’t act in the same manner.
    No they wouldn't but they would likely not do a lot about it either is kind of the point. While the words and non-verbal cues from Trump are out of the norm the fundamental policy towards the Saudi's has been status quo for a very long time.

Saying that I do think that Trump's actions as the US President wrt being more pro-oil bizness will facilitate conditions where the Saudi's ruling oligarchs behavior will not be as glossed over and that the day will come will the US will take action against them.
    Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
    -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
    -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Originally posted by originalsocal View Post
      He is a resident of the US with a green card.
      That's a redundancy. A green card holder is a Lawful Permanent Resident and a requirement is that you work and reside in the U.S. Lawful Permanent Residency is the stage from which you apply for citizenship. He's not just some foreigner- he's a U.S. journalist.
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
        Lol, knock it off. Trump’s response is not normal. The rogue killer stuff sounds like OJ searching for the Colombians, and Trump’s muted reaction to what happened in the UK the attempted assassinations was in stark contrast to how our closest allies spoke out. Previous presidents wouldn’t act in the same manner.
        I never said Trump's reaction is normal (nothing Trump does is normal compared to previous presidents). My point is more broad - BlueK sees everything that Trump does as suspect, sinister and corrupt. He is incapable of objective analysis of anything Trump does. Trump goggles.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
          That's a redundancy. A green card holder is a Lawful Permanent Resident and a requirement is that you work and reside in the U.S. Lawful Permanent Residency is the stage from which you apply for citizenship. He's not just some foreigner- he's a U.S. journalist.
          I still don’t think this answers the original question.
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
            I never said Trump's reaction is normal (nothing Trump does is normal compared to previous presidents). My point is more broad - BlueK sees everything that Trump does as suspect, sinister and corrupt. He is incapable of objective analysis of anything Trump does. Trump goggles.
            Give me a break. If someone else said the same thing I did you're ok with it, but you're not this time because I'm the one who said it? LOL.
            Last edited by BlueK; 10-17-2018, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueK View Post
              Give me a break. If someone else said the same thing I did you're ok with it, but you're not this time because I'm the one who said it? LOL.
              We are not talking about one thing you've said. We are talking about all the things you say. Your thing on this board used to be BYU basketball. Now its just Trump, 24/7. Which is fine, discuss what you like. I'm just commenting on your particular slant. Its not objective.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                No they wouldn't but they would likely not do a lot about it either is kind of the point. While the words and non-verbal cues from Trump are out of the norm the fundamental policy towards the Saudi's has been status quo for a very long time.

Saying that I do think that Trump's actions as the US President wrt being more pro-oil bizness will facilitate conditions where the Saudi's ruling oligarchs behavior will not be as glossed over and that the day will come will the US will take action against them.
                I don't remember the Saudis doing something this brazen before. Maybe they have.

Comment

We are not talking about one thing you've said. We are talking about all the things you say. Your thing on this board used to be BYU basketball. Now its just Trump, 24/7. Which is fine, discuss what you like. I'm just commenting on your particular slant. Its not objective.
                  Is anyone in America "objective" about Trump the way you're trying to define it?

You don't seem to be either here because while you're not addressing anything I said about this particular incident, you seem to be running interference by trying to change the subject to me not being objective about Trump.

Of course I don't like him. So what? I find the apparent murder that happened and Trump's reaction to it to be troubling. Not liking Trump in general has nothing to do with that. I don't see how any normal person wouldn't find the Saudi actions appalling, no matter under which president's watch it might have happened. And a lot of people are struggling with Trump's reaction to it, including several GOP members of Congress.
                  Last edited by BlueK; 10-17-2018, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Is anyone in America "objective" about Trump the way you're trying to define it?

You don't seem to be either here because while you're not addressing anything I said about this particular incident, you seem to be running interference by trying to change the subject to me not being objective about Trump.

Of course I don't like him. So what? I find the apparent murder that happened and Trump's reaction to it to be troubling. Not liking Trump in general has nothing to do with that. A lot of people are struggling with it, including GOP members of Congress.
                    Ok.

Quick, Mr. Trump, out the back door while BlueK is distracted!

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                      I still don’t think this answers the original question.
                      The U.S. has a symbiotic relationship with its LPRs as well as its citizens. They are entitled to protections from the government they uphold, and could seek assistance from our government abroad if they needed it, just like a naturalized or natural born citizen could. He's one of us, period.
                      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Ok.

Quick, Mr. Trump, out the back door while BlueK is distracted!
                        I'm not who you are trying to distract.

And I'm not objective about BYU basketball either, so you can have a problem with what I say on that as well if you want.

Comment

I'm not trying to change who you are BlueK! Just keep doing you. I don't have a problem with any of your posts.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I don't remember the Saudis doing something this brazen before. Maybe they have.
                            Well as you pointed out they were pretty complicit in that whole 9/11 thing.
                            Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                            -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                            -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                              Well as you pointed out they were pretty complicit in that whole 9/11 thing.
                              I think in 9/11 they were probably complicit or knew about it and did nothing to stop it, although it was ordered and directed by Bin Laden while sitting in Afghanistan. In this case it appears to have been directly ordered from the top of the Saudi government.
                              Last edited by BlueK; 10-17-2018, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                                It was just maybe a mistake...

Saudis May Admit Khashoggi Was Killed in Interrogation by Mistake

When you are interrogating with a bone saw sometimes you may slip and accidentally cut someone.
                                funny that even Ted isn't buying the Saudi/Trump explanation.

Comment

Working...
                                X