The official Zach Wilson thread - Best Ever QB in World History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
    Phew! I'm glad we cleared that up. I was wondering whether the Draper-raised white kid from a prominent Mormon family and is attending BYU is, in fact, LDS.
    Ha. Exactly.

It was a weird back and forth, but there were people swearing he was never baptized, and that it was inappropriate to discuss.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
      Phew! I'm glad we cleared that up. I was wondering whether the Draper-raised white kid from a prominent Mormon family and is attending BYU is, in fact, LDS.
      The fact he was raised by Ute fans lends enough doubt to warrant the debate.
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Good grief. We are a weird fanbase.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          Good grief. We are a weird fanbase.
          Peculiar. You mean peculiar.

Comment

• Bumping thread so the Urban Meyer Memorial thread is not in the top spot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
              Bumping thread so the Urban Meyer Memorial thread is not in the top spot.
              Bump

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                Bump

Thank you. You are doing God's work.
                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• I still laugh that Wilson is at BYU while the mighty Jack Tuttle is at Indiana. Oh, and Cam Cooper is at Washington State. Utah probably could have had him too . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
                    I still laugh that Wilson is at BYU while the mighty Jack Tuttle is at Indiana. Oh, and Cam Cooper is at Washington State. Utah probably could have had him too . . .
                    absolutely amazing how all of that transpired.
                    I'm like LeBron James.
                    -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                      absolutely amazing how all of that transpired.
                      It is all part of God's plan for the Utes. Now, without a hot-shot freshman with the job locked down (like Tuttle, or Wilson, or Cooper) we can let things develop organically. Next year we have Huntley (a darkhorse Heisman candidate) and the following year the job is Shelley's, who proved that to be one of the best dual-threat-QBs-that-can't-run-or-pass-good in the country. The field is white already to harvest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                        It is all part of God's plan for the Utes. Now, without a hot-shot freshman with the job locked down (like Tuttle, or Wilson, or Cooper) we can let things develop organically. Next year we have Huntley (a darkhorse Heisman candidate) and the following year the job is Shelley's, who proved that to be one of the best dual-threat-QBs-that-can't-run-or-pass-good in the country. The field is white already to harvest.
                        yikes all kinds of latent racism to unpack in this poast
                        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                          yikes all kinds of latent racism to unpack in this poast
                          Talk to the author of the book of mormon (God) about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                            Talk to the author of the book of mormon (God) about it.
                            Apparently, ZW's played with a shoulder injury all year, and just had surgery. Not a lot of spring camp for him this time around.

Shades of Luke Staley?

Comment

• Originally posted by LVAllen View Post
                              Apparently, ZW's played with a shoulder injury all year, and just had surgery. Not a lot of spring camp for him this time around.

Shades of Luke Staley?
                              I don't remember Luke ever having a shoulder injury. Which year was that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                                I don't remember Luke ever having a shoulder injury. Which year was that?
                                He had a shoulder injury dating to his first full-contact scrimmage at BYU, and had knee and shoulder surgery at the end of his freshman season.

Comment

Working...
                                X