The official Zach Wilson thread - Best Ever QB in World History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZachFan View Post
    He was very pleased. He even made the trip from Seattle.
    This is adorable.

Comment

Just saying the reports aren't positive. Also in full disclosure Zach is a blood relative so I'm the farthest thing from objective. Zach fan forever, Ute fan forever needless to say on the day we play I'll be in a precarious position. I'd love nothing more than Jack and Zach having some epic battles and finding fun in either team winning but I doubt Jack will be able to hold Zach's jock.
      Interesting and timely insight.
      A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by CJF View Post
        Crazy news.
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
          objective or no, gotta like the sound of that! not to mention, it would be fun to see the utes go through their own Heaps/Mangum debacle with the touted recruit.
          Well, we aren't going through a Heaps/Mangum situation. Fuck you Jack Tuttle. I hope you suffer fates that I wouldn't even wish on Steve Yzerman.
          As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Tuttle may turn out to be my favorite Ute QB of all time.
            Bump

Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
            Well, we aren't going through a Heaps/Mangum situation. Fuck you Jack Tuttle. I hope you suffer fates that I wouldn't even wish on Steve Yzerman.
            Yatzee!
            A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

What's the story there with Tuttle? Headcase?
              I'm like LeBron James.
              -mpfunk

Comment

Game set match

Tuttle's a bust. Guaranteed he’ll never start at a P5. He will probably be a Rivalry legend for years to come.

Comment

Tuttle's a bust. Guaranteed he’ll never start at a P5. He will probably be a Rivalry legend for years to come.
                  I blame that asshole Roderick.
                  As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                  --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                    I blame that asshole Roderick.
                    is that a joke or is there something to it?
                    I'm like LeBron James.
                    -mpfunk

Comment

Four-star QB recruit Jack Tuttle reportedly going to transfer

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...-transfer.html

I couldn't fathom why Utah didn't give him an offer, but your blood relative must be living a charmed life. Zach is in a good place and can excel at BYU in ways that never would've happened at Utah. Whittingham is a fantastic coach, except his ability to choose and stick with an offensive philosophy, and recruit the right kind of talent to compliment his outstanding defensive and special teams schemes.
                      Last edited by tooblue; 10-18-2018, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tooblue View Post
                        Four-star QB recruit Jack Tuttle reportedly going to transfer

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...-transfer.html

"The website listed Duke, Ohio State, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt and West Virginia as possible destinations."
                        That's quite the collegiate cornucopia. Ten bucks to anyone that knows what those schools have in common.

During the OU-Texas game, the jumbotron displayed a picture of ten-year-old future Texas quarterback Sam Ehlinger in a Chris Simms jersey. The Oklahoma fans erupted in cheers/jeers: Chris Simms went o-fer in Red River games during his tenure at UT.

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
                          That's quite the collegiate cornucopia. Ten bucks to anyone that knows what those schools have in common.
                          5 schools that have never been in my kitchen! I'll PM you my venmo.
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                            What's the story there with Tuttle? Headcase?
                            It's pretty obvious.

Tuttle realizes he is behind a junior (Huntley) who has been ABSOLUTELY carving up fools; for example, he scored DOUBLE DIGITS on your opponent this week! He's a lock for the next two years.

Behind Huntley is a freshmen from Texas who was recruited by a who's-who of G5 also-rans (New Mexico, USU, Southern Miss, North Texas, SMU) as well as big-time programs like Virginia (their coach has a great eye for QB talent) and Clemson (uhhhh, not sure I believe this one).

Combine that with Kyle's ability to recruit great QBs that relish the challenge of having 4 OCs in 4 years and you can see why even highly recruited QBs would be intimidated.

It's rumored that Tuttle is looking at Texas A&M or Ohio St and I think he should go somewhere like that; nice programs that work hard. But to make it at the U as a QB takes a little something special. Did Jon Hayes just strut around and rely on his past greatness as the starting QB for a Div-III program that stopped playing football? No! Did Travis Wilson just hang out until the Rams gave him a tryout (albeit as a tight end); hell no! We have a tradition to uphold here! Only the best need apply!

Comment

Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                              It's pretty obvious.

Tuttle realizes he is behind a junior (Huntley) who has been ABSOLUTELY carving up fools; for example, he scored DOUBLE DIGITS on your opponent this week! He's a lock for the next two years.

Behind Huntley is a freshmen from Texas who was recruited by a who's-who of G5 also-rans (New Mexico, USU, Southern Miss, North Texas, SMU) as well as big-time programs like Virginia (their coach has a great eye for QB talent) and Clemson (uhhhh, not sure I believe this one).

Combine that with Kyle's ability to recruit great QBs that relish the challenge of having 4 OCs in 4 years and you can see why even highly recruited QBs would be intimidated.

It's rumored that Tuttle is looking at Texas A&M or Ohio St and I think he should go somewhere like that; nice programs that work hard. But to make it at the U as a QB takes a little something special. Did Jon Hayes just strut around and rely on his past greatness as the starting QB for a Div-III program that stopped playing football? No! Did Travis Wilson just hang out until the Rams gave him a tryout (albeit as a tight end); hell no! We have a tradition to uphold here! Only the best need apply!
                              *Hays

but credit where credit is due. your post was pretty clever.
                              I'm like LeBron James.
                              -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
                                During the OU-Texas game, the jumbotron displayed a picture of ten-year-old future Texas quarterback Sam Ehlinger in a Chris Simms jersey. The Oklahoma fans erupted in cheers/jeers: Chris Simms went o-fer in Red River games during his tenure at UT.
                                Who is laughing now?
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X