The official Zach Wilson thread - Best Ever QB in World History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
    Thread title sucks, but I guess you knew that. I would have preferred something along the lines of the second coming of jimbo m’f’n mcmahon. Wilson is our Moses. He will spurn the false traditions in which he was raised and lead us out of captivity.

Wait. He's not LDS? (I'm assuming that acronym has gone the way of the choir, so substitute as necessary.)

I only watched the first half but he looked great. How is the OLine this year? If you can keep him protected, y'all are in good shape.

Agreed on the thread title.

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
      Ty Detmer originally received a commitment from his nephew Zadock Dinkleman. When Ty was fired and Grimes came in, he quickly realized that Dinkleman sucked and rescinded his offer. Wilson was one of the highest rated QBs in the state (right behind Cammon Cooper a Washington St commit) and Grimes set his sights on Wilson. He was able to flip him very late in the process, and here we are.
      He also felt he had a better bath to starting earlier, iirc

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
        Wait. He's not LDS? (I'm assuming that acronym has gone the way of the choir, so substitute as necessary.)

I only watched the first half but he looked great. How is the OLine this year? If you can keep him protected, y'all are in good shape.

No - supposedly he's a lifelong Ute fan that got spurned by his school of choice.
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
          Ty Detmer originally received a commitment from his nephew Zadock Dinkleman. When Ty was fired and Grimes came in, he quickly realized that Dinkleman sucked and rescinded his offer. Wilson was one of the highest rated QBs in the state (right behind Cammon Cooper a Washington St commit) and Grimes set his sights on Wilson. He was able to flip him very late in the process, and here we are.
          That's annoying that Ty would engage in that kind of nepotism at the expense of the program. Actually, did BYU rescind the offer or did he reneg? He had a little history of backing out. Yes, he plays for Nazareth College now, but he previously committed to LSU (!) and backed out when there was a change in the guard, and was reportedly being courted by Texas, too, before the Charlie Strong era ended. So Ty could defend his recruitment of his nephew, I guess... just a weird trajectory.
          Last edited by Commando; 10-15-2018, 10:17 AM.
          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
            No - supposedly he's a lifelong Ute fan that got spurned by his school of choice.
            This phenomenon has worked out incredibly well for Oklahoma. I can't believe how many longtime-longhorn Lake Travis and Westlake quarterbacks --- even legacy players --- Mack and Charlie passed on, but I'm not complaining!

Comment

That's annoying that Ty would engage in that kind of nepotism at the expense of the program. Actually, did BYU rescind the offer or did he reneg? He had a little history of backing out. Yes, he plays for Nazareth College now, but he previously committed to LSU (!) and backed out when there was a change in the guard, and was reportedly being courted by Texas, too, before the Charlie Strong era ended. So Ty could defend his recruitment of his nephew, I guess... just a weird trajectory.
              I may not be thinking about this enough, but I'm going to wager that if someone is playing football at Nazareth College instead of at a) LSU, b) BYU, or c) potentially:texas:it is because he was not given the option to play at a, b, or c.

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                Thread title sucks, but I guess you knew that. I would have preferred something along the lines of the second coming of jimbo m’f’n mcmahon. Wilson is our Moses. He will spurn the false traditions in which he was raised and lead us out of captivity.
                Originally posted by Babs View Post

Choke on it, haters!
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Navarro College, guys, not Nazareth. Sheesh!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post

That changes the whole analysis.
                    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      Choke on it, haters!
                      Way to stand up for yourself, JL. Ignore the critics. I admire your bravery and putting it all out there for us all see what you can do. Keep trying! You'll get it someday! I believe in you!

Comment

Seems like, from what i remember, Dinkleman got an offer from LSU when he was in 8th grade, or something ridiculous like that. Later he decommitted from LSU - and it looked like a pretty good player for BYU to chase. No idea what happened after that - if he just didn't develop after Jr. High or something, or if the various teams' slot for funny named players was filled by someone else. But it doesn't seem like he was a bad prospect to take a look at. As I recall - he took a visit to Alabama too. I don't think Bama and LSU are offering kids who don't have some potential.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                          Way to stand up for yourself, JL. Ignore the critics. I admire your bravery and putting it all out there for us all see what you can do. Keep trying! You'll get it someday! I believe in you!
                          Thanks, man.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

If he ends up being great- would he be the first to wear # 11?

Was Virgil Carter #11? How about Sheide?

Post Sheide it went:
                            Elder Neilsen #14 - I am still a Tennessee Titan Fan!
                            Marc Wilson #6
                            Jimbo M'f'N McMahon #9 and we should all have a tatoo of it.
                            Bobby Roscoe #6
                            Ty Detmer #14
                            Walsh was #7
                            Sark #12
                            Doman was #11!!!!! I found one.
                            Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                            -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                            -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                              Keep trying! You'll get it someday!
                              That really will be a great day.

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post

Now you're messin' with a Sonofabitch!
                                Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                                -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                                -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Working...
                                X