Fourth Sunday Lessons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fourth Sunday Lessons

I notice the Come, Follow Me topic for the next couple of months hasn't been announced. Or, maybe it has, and it hasn't trickled down to us poor schlubs who teach it. Any of you folks in bishoprics, high councils, or who have tapped clackamascoug's batphone know what we're supposed to do for 4th Sunday? Do we dismiss early to show how willing we are to Follow The Prophet? Go ministering to Brother Winchell's?

Never mind. The Instructions for Curriculum 2018 was quietly changed to remove the reference to a doctrinal topic that was changed at General Conference, and replaced with this:

FOURTH SUNDAY
    Members study a doctrinal topic related to the work of the Melchizedek Priesthood and Relief Society, using suggestions in Come, Follow Me—For Melchizedek Priesthood and Relief Society (Ensign or Liahona, Nov. 2017, 137–44, or ComeFollowMe.lds.org).
    If Come, Follow Me—For Melchizedek Priesthood and Relief Society is not available in your language, the First Presidency Messages and Visiting Teaching Messages may be used.
    Looks like it's back to a Choose Your Own Adventure topic, which I'm cool with.

EDIT: Nevermind again. ComeFollowMe.lds.org has this to say:

Fourth Sunday: Discuss a special topic chosen by the First Presidency and the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. From October through December 2018, the topic is personal and family scripture study.
    Last edited by LVAllen; 10-14-2018, 10:39 AM.

Comment

anyone know about the Gospel Essentials class?

Comment

Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
        anyone know about the Gospel Essentials class?
        You've got two and a half more months.

Comment

I'm more interested in primary. Hoping that they alternate between primary-in-the-round vs. classes. Then I'd only have to go every other week.

Comment

Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
            I'm more interested in primary. Hoping that they alternate between primary-in-the-round vs. classes. Then I'd only have to go every other week.
            5 minute opening: scripture, prayer, song. 20 minute singing time. 5 minute transition, and 20 minute classes.

Comment

Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
              You've got two and a half more months.
              Crap. Does that mean I'll have to get a real calling?
              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Working...
              X