Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brag about your city, or your hometown. (Mine is better than yours)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brag about your city, or your hometown. (Mine is better than yours)

Portland is #1 - The Best Food City in America!

https://wallethub.com/edu/best-foodi...2/#methodology

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post

The only problem is, you can't get to the restaurants due to all the antifa rallies.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Boise/Meridian is #1 - Fastest growing city in America!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/samanth...g-cities-2018/

Hey, we've done our part to help it along.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
        Boise/Meridian is #1 - Fastest growing city in America!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/samanth...g-cities-2018/

Hey, we've done our part to help it along.
        You're pregnant?

Comment

Heber City listed as fasted growing micropolitan area and also 7 most beautiful town in America.

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
            Heber City listed as fasted growing micropolitan area and also 7 most beautiful town in America.
            I remember going there as a kid (my dad grew up there) and thinking it was ugly.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

#1 on all kinds of lists, including most overrated city.

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
                #1 on all kinds of lists, including most overrated city.
                You've got this wrong... this is the thread where you put up all the #1 Austin things... not denigrate other peoples happiness.

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                  I remember going there as a kid (my dad grew up there) and thinking it was ugly.
                  You're ugly.

Comment

My hometown I grew up near doesn't even show up on a map or even has a stoplight... just a bar that doubles as the post office. I am pretty sure it is #1 in not being #1 in anything.

Now Dallas is America's Best City for Jobs... Beating out San Fran!

The Best Cities For Jobs 2018: Dallas And Austin Lead The Surging South

Among America’s largest metropolitan areas, the economic leaders come in two flavors: Southern-fried and West Coast organic. The first group flourishes across a broad range of industries, fed by strong domestic in-migration and a friendly business climate. The other is driven largely by technology and high-end business services clustered around expensive but highly desirable urban areas.

However, the trend lines certainly favor the former approach, which is epitomized by America’s Best City For Jobs in the 2018 edition of our annual ranking. After years of domination by the tech-driven San Francisco area, Dallas-Plano-Irving has secured the No. 1 spot for the last two years by dint of consistency: 2.8% job growth last year, 19.6% since 2012 and an impressive 25.6% since 2006. Its 2.02% population growth last year is the highest rate of any of the 10 largest metro areas while net in-migration trails only retirement haven Phoenix among the big cities. Simply put, this Energizer bunny just doesn’t stop.

Big D’s domination is all the more secure because of the diverse sources of its job growth. Dallas has logged double-digit percentage job growth since 2012 in almost every major economic sector we measured, from information to construction, energy, finance, and professional and business services. Key to Dallas’ success: It’s a great value proposition, with affordable housing, a favorable regulatory climate, low taxes and an increasing array of cultural amenities beyond the Dallas Cowboys.
                    [...]
                    https://www.forbes.com/sites/joelkot...tin-nashville/

The Dallas Cowboys suck again this year, however.
                    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

You've got this wrong... this is the thread where you put up all the #1 Austin things... not denigrate other peoples happiness.
                      I have no idea what this means but I'm pretty sure thousands of people are happy they live in Austin and thousands of people are happy they don't.

Comment

#1 food city? maybe in the olympia-eugene corridor.
                        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                          #1 food city? maybe in the olympia-eugene corridor.
                          You've got this wrong... this is the thread where you put up all the #1 Las Vegas things... not denigrate other peoples happiness.

Comment

Bend is Forbes #1 in best small places for business and careers!
                            (In 2016 at least).
                            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                            - SeattleUte

Comment

my city is #1 exporter of potassium
                              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Working...
                              X