Thread: Brag about your city, or your hometown. (Mine is better than yours)

Default Brag about your city, or your hometown. (Mine is better than yours)

Portland is #1 - The Best Food City in America!

https://wallethub.com/edu/best-foodi...2/#methodology

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Quote Originally Posted by clackamascoug View Post

The only problem is, you can't get to the restaurants due to all the antifa rallies.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

UofU/BYU mixed marriage Scott R Nelson's Avatar

Boise/Meridian is #1 - Fastest growing city in America!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/samanth...g-cities-2018/

Hey, we've done our part to help it along.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
    Boise/Meridian is #1 - Fastest growing city in America!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/samanth...g-cities-2018/

Hey, we've done our part to help it along.
    You're pregnant?

Heber City listed as fasted growing micropolitan area and also 7 most beautiful town in America.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveCoug View Post
    Heber City listed as fasted growing micropolitan area and also 7 most beautiful town in America.
    I remember going there as a kid (my dad grew up there) and thinking it was ugly.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

#1 on all kinds of lists, including most overrated city.

Quote Originally Posted by Babs View Post
    #1 on all kinds of lists, including most overrated city.
    You've got this wrong... this is the thread where you put up all the #1 Austin things... not denigrate other peoples happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    I remember going there as a kid (my dad grew up there) and thinking it was ugly.
    You're ugly.

My hometown I grew up near doesn't even show up on a map or even has a stoplight... just a bar that doubles as the post office. I am pretty sure it is #1 in not being #1 in anything.

Now Dallas is America's Best City for Jobs... Beating out San Fran!

The Best Cities For Jobs 2018: Dallas And Austin Lead The Surging South

Among Americaís largest metropolitan areas, the economic leaders come in two flavors: Southern-fried and West Coast organic. The first group flourishes across a broad range of industries, fed by strong domestic in-migration and a friendly business climate. The other is driven largely by technology and high-end business services clustered around expensive but highly desirable urban areas.

However, the trend lines certainly favor the former approach, which is epitomized by Americaís Best City For Jobs in the 2018 edition of our annual ranking. After years of domination by the tech-driven San Francisco area, Dallas-Plano-Irving has secured the No. 1 spot for the last two years by dint of consistency: 2.8% job growth last year, 19.6% since 2012 and an impressive 25.6% since 2006. Its 2.02% population growth last year is the highest rate of any of the 10 largest metro areas while net in-migration trails only retirement haven Phoenix among the big cities. Simply put, this Energizer bunny just doesnít stop.

Big Dís domination is all the more secure because of the diverse sources of its job growth. Dallas has logged double-digit percentage job growth since 2012 in almost every major economic sector we measured, from information to construction, energy, finance, and professional and business services. Key to Dallasí success: Itís a great value proposition, with affordable housing, a favorable regulatory climate, low taxes and an increasing array of cultural amenities beyond the Dallas Cowboys.
    [...]
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/joelkot...tin-nashville/

The Dallas Cowboys suck again this year, however.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

You've got this wrong... this is the thread where you put up all the #1 Austin things... not denigrate other peoples happiness.
    I have no idea what this means but I'm pretty sure thousands of people are happy they live in Austin and thousands of people are happy they don't.

#1 food city? maybe in the olympia-eugene corridor.
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    #1 food city? maybe in the olympia-eugene corridor.
    You've got this wrong... this is the thread where you put up all the #1 Las Vegas things... not denigrate other peoples happiness.

Bend is Forbes #1 in best small places for business and careers!
    (In 2016 at least).

my city is #1 exporter of potassium
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

I live in Charlotte. Itís ok

Quote Originally Posted by LiveCoug View Post
    You're ugly.
    I kinda like it now.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

The accolades just keep rolling in. Me and swampfrog got it going on.

Portland #1

https://www.forbes.com/best-places-for-business/list/

Portland moves up four spots in FORBES Best Places for Business to secure the No. 1 ranking for the first time thanks to strong growth prospects and a large influx of highly-educated millenials. The city has been referred to as one of the most environmentally friendly or green cities in the world. Portland is known for its large number of microbreweries and micro-distilleries, as well as its coffee enthusiasm. The city is home to Portland Community College, Portland State University, Oregon Health & Science University, University of Portland, Reed College, and Lewis & Clark College. Clackamascoug lives in the local tri-county area. It is also the home of the Trail Blazers of the NBA and the Timbers MLS team. Washington Park, in the West Hills, is where some of Portland's most popular recreational sites are located, including the Oregon Zoo, the Portland Japanese Garden, the World Forestry Center and the Hoyt Arboretum. The Portland Art Museum owns the city's largest art collection presenting a variety of touring exhibitions each year.
    Last edited by clackamascoug; 10-18-2018 at 03:37 PM.

Who's the most vegan friendly city in the whole world? You know who...

https://www.wweek.com/music/2016/04/...-in-the-u-s-a/

Paul McCartney and PETA Crown Portland the Most Vegan-Friendly City in the U.S.A.

Put down your cheeseburger milkshake and bask in the knowledge that a knight considers Portland a vegan wonderland.

Who's the most vegan friendly city in the whole world? You know who...

https://www.wweek.com/music/2016/04/...-in-the-u-s-a/

Paul McCartney and PETA Crown Portland the Most Vegan-Friendly City in the U.S.A.

Put down your cheeseburger milkshake and bask in the knowledge that a knight considers Portland a vegan wonderland.
    Uh... not exactly something to brag about, Clack.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Uh... not exactly something to brag about, Clack.
    Understood, but you forgot to say something positive about the #1 business ranking.

I'll wait...

Understood, but you forgot to say something positive about the #1 business ranking.

I'll wait...
    That was cool. And Provo #6.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

#1 place for fall colors in California

so says some random guy https://www.californiasun.co/stories...s-fall-colors/

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    I kinda like it now.
    I kinda like you now!

The accolades just keep rolling in. Me and swampfrog got it going on.

Portland #1
    Technically, I don't even live in the same state as Portland. Absolutely love the area though. Want beaches? 2 hours West. Want mountains? 1 to 4 hours East. Year round protest opportunities. Scenic waterfalls. Puget Sound 2 to 3 hours North. Hiking, boating, fishing, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by swampfrog View Post
    Technically, I don't even live in the same state as Portland. Absolutely love the area though. Want beaches? 2 hours West. Want mountains? 1 to 4 hours East. Year round protest opportunities. Scenic waterfalls. Puget Sound 2 to 3 hours North. Hiking, boating, fishing, etc.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Hard to argue with that. It’s a great airport to fly out of.