No announcement yet.

MLB 2018 Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You go to the pen hard but leave the best reliever the dodgers have on the bench. Baez would have been the much better choice over Floro. Hell, I wanted Baez to have a two inning save over Jansen. Fuck Roberts. You suck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• A little nervous...
      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
      - SeattleUte

Comment

• Would be funny if Kimbrel blows this.
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
          Would be funny if Kimbrel blows this.
          Has he always stood like that while getting the sign? That is so weird.

Comment

• MLB 2018 Playoffs

Hill is at 91 pitches. This is his last start of the season, almost certainly. Normally he’s on a pitch count because of blisters, but now you can ride him until his arm falls off. He has all winter to heal from blisters. Your bullpen is gassed from throwing 11 innings 16 hours ago. The other team’s starter is out and they are now burning through their even-more-exhausted pen. Hill has given up 1 hit. He has the best hitters on the Sox completely guessing. You have a 4-run lead. Never has there ever been a better time to ride your starter. He already walked someone this inning, so he is not going to walk another guy. Worst case scenario, he gives up a 2 run homer to Holt. But that’s not likely. If Hill can get out of this inning, you are set up to use Baez in the 8th and then have the rest of your pen to get through the 9th. You are then in command of the series heading into game 5.
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
              Would be funny if Kimbrel blows this.
              No. That would not be funny in the slightest.

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
              For awhile now. Apparently he used to stand with that arm behind his back, until it started hurting him.
              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
              - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                Yes. It's his thing. And it's stupid.
                "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                -Turtle
                sigpic

Comment

• What a shit day today was. I hate sports. I can't believe the Dodgers lost that game.
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                    Hill is at 91 pitches. This is his last start of the season, almost certainly. Normally he’s on a pitch count because of blisters, but now you can ride him until his arm falls off. He has all winter to heal from blisters. Your bullpen is gassed from throwing 11 innings 16 hours ago. The other team’s starter is out and they are now burning through their even-more-exhausted pen. Hill has given up 1 hit. He has the best hitters on the Sox completely guessing. You have a 4-run lead. Never has there ever been a better time to ride your starter. He already walked someone this inning, so he is not going to walk another guy. Worst case scenario, he gives up a 2 run homer to Holt. But that’s not likely. If Hill can get out of this inning, you are set up to use Baez in the 8th and then have the rest of your pen to get through the 9th. You are then in command of the series heading into game 5.
                    Agreed on all counts. Fuck Roberts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Amen
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                        For once, Trump unifies us all!
                        Big mistake! Definitely the SME there.

Comment

I couldn't believe Roberts took out Hill after 6 1/3 after he only gave up one hit. He walked a guy to lead off the 7th but then struck out the next guy.

Hill being fresh was the Dodgers huge advantage in that game and it was paying off and then Roberts pulled him when he was dominating Boston. Unbelievable.
                          Last edited by Color Me Badd Fan; 10-28-2018, 08:26 AM.
                          Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                            Yes. It's his thing. And it's stupid.
                            He's got his stupid Duck Dynasty beard too. When's that idiotic fad going out of style? I know these guys are pro athletes making loads of money, but those Todd Hoffman beards have got to be a roadblock to getting laid.
                            Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                              I couldn't believe Roberts took out Hill after 6 1/3 after he only gave up one hit. He walked a guy to lead off the 7th but then struck out the next guy.

Hill being fresh was the Dodgers huge advantage in that game and it was paying off and then Roberts pulled him when he was dominating Boston. Unbelievable.
                              When Madsen went in, I told my wife it was over. Boston has him figured out, and Moreland was waiting for the change-up over the corner. Hell, I don't know anything, and I called that pitch; it's been his MO the last two games. I don't second-guess coaches because I'm only a casual fan and there's a lot of information they have that I don't, and Roberts may have been boxed into a corner after he misunderstood Hill's earlier remarks to mean that Hill was close to done. After Hill was out, though, the rest of the game became pretty predictable.
                              sigpic
                              "Outlined against a blue, gray
                              October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
                              Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

• MLB 2018 Playoffs

Originally posted by cowboy View Post
                                Roberts may have been boxed into a corner after he misunderstood Hill's earlier remarks to mean that Hill was close to done.
                                Don’t believe this for a second. Hill is the guy who never wants to come out and who is always confident he can get the next batter. There are dozens of memes of Hill being pissed when he was taken out and didn’t think he should be pulled. This is Roberts deflecting, plain and simple.
                                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Working...
                                X