MLB 2018 Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool story, DH.
    Great video. Cora against Roberts is a great storyline in the series.
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
      Lots of fun story lines between these two teams. Alex Cora was a fan favorite during his time in Dodger blue. He was a wizard at 2nd base and was always working 2-strike counts into walks. He and Dave Roberts were teammates for several years on the Blue, and were teammates in 04, when Roberts was traded to Boston at the trade deadline (a trade that set up the Stolen Base Heard Round the World). Cora is also involved in my favorite Dodger moment that i've witnessed in-person:

During that '04 summer, I was in law school and was clerking in LV at a small firm. It was basically a two man firm, and they were still figuring out how to take full advantage of a full-time clerk and keep me busy. Early in the summer, both partners were gone and I was basically sitting around twiddling my thumbs for 8 hours a day. I get a text from my best friend from HS (also a Dodger fan) that basically says "This afternoon I'm driving from St. George to a Dodger game. Let me know if I should stop and pick you up." I looked around at an office with a paralegal who spent 8 hours a day meeting guys in Yahoo chat rooms and a receptionist who took calls and spent the rest of her time on ebaumsworld. I decided sneaking out the back door a few hours early couldn't hurt. My buddy picked me up and we drove straight through to Chavez Ravine.

Dodgers were playing the Cubs, and we snagged some decent Loge seats along the first base side. I remember paying $45.00 for our tickets and feeling like that was a LOT of money to be dropping on a frolic to a baseball game. It all became worth it when I got to witness one of the great regular-season at bats of all time:

Adding to the baseball version of the "Kevin Bacon game", Alex Cora and Matt Clement were Red Sox teammates the following year (2005).
      “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
      "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

Dang - it sounds like the Playoff Kershaw showed up

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

Me: Why would Cora pinch hit Nunez for Devers?

Nunez: *crack*
          Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Sweet.

Mrs. NWC doesn’t like Devers (she calls him a punk), and her mom doesn’t like Nunez. So while my MIL might feel conflicted with that 3 run HR, my wife loves the substitution!
            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
            - SeattleUte

Comment

Even if the Dodgers win the world series I would not be upset if Roberts was fired.
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

Comment

not a very good night for Dodger pitching

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

That’s the Kimbrel I want to see.

It was a good back and forth game. Tomorrow should be interesting.
                  - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                    Even if the Dodgers win the world series I would not be upset if Roberts was fired.
                    I don't think there is a snowballs chance of that, unless he wants to go somewhere else.

Comment

I can’t stand baseball but have a Dodgers jersey from one of the times I traveled to the Ninth Circuit for work. I was trying to find it to wear to the office Friday but realized it’s still in storage from the move. Maybe next season.

Comment

Shoot, shucks and other assorted comments

Comment

Another good Price outing. It was a tenuous 4th inning, and one bad pitch could have changed the game, but I’m glad he settled down and finished 6 innings. Would liked to have seen Devers get another RBI and break the record, but I’m not complaining!
                          - SeattleUte

Comment

Dang - down 2-0, hopefully they will play better in LA

Comment

Think Ryan Madson will see any more action in the Series? Poor sod has inherited five base runners in his two appearances and they've all scored.

Comment

ugh. there are no winners in this series.
                                I'm like LeBron James.
                                -mpfunk

Comment

Working...
                                X