MLB 2018 Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB 2018 Playoffs

After 162 regular season games, I guess it’s time to start this thread.

I am liking the Red Sox chances now (currently 10-0 in the 4th at New York). But even if they pull off this series, Houston is waiting for them. I will have to watch a NL playoff game to say anything smart about the National League.
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

Wow. What a massacre at New York. The thing I've worried about all along in the playoffs - pitching - was stellar for them. I missed Brock Holt completing the cycle because my kid had a concussion and I had to take him to the doctor
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

Comment

Red Sox finished off the Yankees but that 9th inning was closer than it should have been. Am concerned about the next series against the Astros.
      “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
      "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
        Red Sox finished off the Yankees but that 9th inning was closer than it should have been. Am concerned about the next series against the Astros.
        Having your closer put 3 runners on base without a hit isn’t good
        "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Relief pitching has been the glaring problem for the Sox this year, with closing usually not an issue. Instead, they got 3 great innings of relief pitching (after a superb performance by Porcello) with an incredibly shaky performance by Kimbrel. That was way too close for comfort. But since I thought the Yankees were going to win this game, I will take it.

The ALCS should be a great series. I could see either team winning in 6 games.
          - SeattleUte

Comment

918UO49acxL._SX355_.jpg
            “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

Crazy back and forth game tonight. Price lasted 5 innings, though he was very shaky at times. He did OK, but it won't help him shake his playoff reputation completely. Cole was also shaky at first, but superb the rest of the way. Crazy that Houston has both him and Verlander. Kimbrel is letting the ninth inning get away from him too much. I'd rather have his lights out than his managing near catastrophes.

Happy they're going to Houston with a win.
              - SeattleUte

Comment

I'll be at games 3 and 4. Cannot wait.
                Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                  I'll be at games 3 and 4. Cannot wait.

I’ll be at game 4 but SRO though
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

We had fun last night. I sat next to some really cool Astros fans. They'd yell at people who lingered in the aisle, blocking our view. I jokingly told them, "I can't get away with that sort of thing. People always want to fight me when stuff like that happens."

When Jackie Bradley Jr. was up in the 8th, a guy and gal decided to take selfies right our line of sight, so I said, "We're watching a game here. Save it for after the game." And he stuck his middle finger in my face and called me all sorts of names. At one point, I was afraid he was going to swing at me, so I stood up and told him not to touch me and to go sit down, which he did after several additional colorful words. Luckily, the guy was gone for Bradley's grand salami.

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                      We had fun last night. I sat next to some really cool Astros fans. They'd yell at people who lingered in the aisle, blocking our view. I jokingly told them, "I can't get away with that sort of thing. People always want to fight me when stuff like that happens."

When Jackie Bradley Jr. was up in the 8th, a guy and gal decided to take selfies right our line of sight, so I said, "We're watching a game here. Save it for after the game." And he stuck his middle finger in my face and called me all sorts of names. At one point, I was afraid he was going to swing at me, so I stood up and told him not to touch me and to go sit down, which he did after several additional colorful words. Luckily, the guy was gone for Bradley's grand salami.
                      I dont even want to know how you saw that.
                      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                        I dont even want to know how you saw that.
                        He let it all out on the field in the 8th. How could you miss it?
                        - SeattleUte

Comment

All tied up
                          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

I should like for Kimbrel to find his zone back, thank you very much.

What a great game to be at, Moliere.
                            - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post

All tied up
                              Did you make it the whole game? I watched every out and drove back to San Antonio. I'm one tired puppy today.

Comment

Working...
                              X