Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
    I wish we had Ursua.
    Did BYU go after him? I see he graduated from high school in Saratoga.
    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
      Did BYU go after him? I see he graduated from high school in Saratoga.
      He was not very highly recruited. Not sure how much interest BYU showed. He is class of 2012 and an RM.

Comment

• nice run by Hadley

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
          He was not very highly recruited. Not sure how much interest BYU showed. He is class of 2012 and an RM.
          They offered him.

Comment

• I guess I can go to bed now 49-23, nice throw
            Last edited by happyone; 10-13-2018, 10:42 PM.

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

• Wilson to Romney sounds good for the next 4 years.

Comment

• I'm impressed that Mangum is lively on the sideline, talking up the players, etc. It would be understandable if he were sulking but he's showing considerable class.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                  I'm impressed that Mangum is lively on the sideline, talking up the players, etc. It would be understandable if he were sulking but he's showing considerable class.
                  That's a true measure of character.

Comment

• Zach Wilson is my new favorite football player.
                    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• I wasn't expecting the true freshman to out duel McDonald but here we are.

Comment

• That was really fun.

Comment

• Great bit on Mangum:

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/byu-co...-wilson-soars/

Wilson will go on and do what he will. He has his promising football future.

Mangum will go on with a firm grasp on his reality, on what’s most important, with a hope that BYU will win, that Wilson will succeed, and that he himself also will play well, if he’s called on again.

“I’ve been on both sides,” he said, “as a starter and as a backup. Either way, I want to be me. I want to be the best teammate I can. I want to help Zach. I know what he’s facing. But I’m a competitor. I want to play. I think I can help this team win. I won’t give up. I’ll help Zach, and I’ll use this as a growing experience.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                            I would be in favor of a victory against the Rainbows.
                            I was pleased by the game.
                            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Really fun game last night. I was a little surprised by how well the offense played together with a new QB under center. Wilson throws a good looking ball. I think he's lot more accurate than Mangum, his two under-thrown passes to the TE notwithstanding. A ton of firsts for him, so he's gaining a lot of valuable experience quickly. I'm excited to see where he takes us over the next few years. Great pocket presence, and quick reaction time to pressure.

What was the tale of the two half's with regard to our defense? My buddy seemed to think our first half success was in part to the new look we threw at them with Kaufusi moving around, and then the second half Hawaii was able to adjust. I'm sure the defense wearing down was a factor as well, particularly when we go three & out on our first two drives. We sure were tackling better last night than the last few games. And the secondary looked good. It was great to have Ghanwoloku back in the lineup.

It just seemed like the whole team was playing with more energy. I expected to see this with the spark that a new QB like Wilson can bring, but it seemed to snowball to more than I had even hoped. When I hear his name, I think of Castaway, and hear Tom Hanks yelling, "Wilson!!!!"

Comment

• Suck it Herbstreit! What a dummy. No way was Hawaii ever going to cover this one going against our new QB.

Comment

Working...
                                X