Playing it Straight: UH Rainbows @ BYU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing it Straight: UH Rainbows @ BYU

Kickoff is Saturday, at 8:15 local, and BYU is an 8-point favorite. Will both teams be playing with their backup QBs? Will ESPN2 regret broadcasting this game? Will we return to 2017 form?

Rise and Shout!

This is a very funny title, but if BYU manages to lose this game, I hereby denominate LVAllen as the thread starter.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
      This is a very funny title, but if BYU manages to lose this game, I hereby denominate LVAllen as the thread starter.
      If BYU doesn't get the win, I'll resign in disgrace. It would be a shame, too, because there's an awful lot of puns and entendres to be found in huskies, blue ballfields, and minutemen.

Comment

LVAllen is the official game thread guy. He has a long rope, recent losses notwithstanding.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

lol. what a great title.
          I'm like LeBron James.
          -mpfunk

Comment

Vegas has this game with BYU -14.5. They seem a little more confident than most people around here.

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
              Vegas has this game with BYU -14.5. They seem a little more confident than most people around here.
              i have to think vegas is confident the starter is out. even with the starter they had to go 5 OTs to beat a winless SJSU. seems there is a major dropoff from the starter to back up. i'm as negative about BYU as any fan out there, but they will win this by two TDs regardless of who byu throws out there at QB.
              Last edited by smokymountainrain; 10-09-2018, 10:00 AM.
              I'm like LeBron James.
              -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                lol. what a great title.
                he’s been responsible for bangers this year.
                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Cole Mcdonald has thrown for 2100 yards, 24tds and only 2 ints in 6 games this year. He didn't play last week against Wyoming but he will be back for the BYU game.

Tanner Mangum has thrown for 2600 yards, 12 tds and 13 ints in his last 14 games (including last season).

Considering every QB careers it against our soft prevent defense, Cole should have a fun game on Saturday.
                  *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                    Cole Mcdonald has thrown for 2100 yards, 24tds and only 2 ints in 6 games this year. He didn't play last week against Wyoming but he will be back for the BYU game.

Tanner Mangum has thrown for 2600 yards, 12 tds and 13 ints in his last 14 games (including last season).

Considering every QB careers it against our soft prevent defense, Cole should have a fun game on Saturday.
                    watch the line move about 14 points with that news if it has been confirmed.
                    I'm like LeBron James.
                    -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                      watch the line move about 14 points with that news if it has been confirmed.
                      Only 14?
                      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by LVAllen View Post
                        Kickoff is Saturday, at 8:15 local, and BYU is an 8-point favorite. Will both teams be playing with their backup QBs? Will ESPN2 regret broadcasting this game? Will we return to 2017 form?

Rise and Shout!
                        14 point favorite
                        "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

Healthy McDonald returns to practice
                          By Stephen Tsai on October 9, 2018
                          The leader of the Warriors’ offense – quarterback Cole McDonald — practiced today after missing Saturday’s game because of an undisclosed injury. “I’m back,” McDonald said following a 2-hour practice in which he easily threw a variety of passes. McDonald said it was a game-time decision to not play. Cole McDonald on getting back out at #HawaiiFB practice today following missing the Wyoming game due to injury,

Comment

Originally posted by poetryman25 View Post
                            The leader of the Warriors’ offense – quarterback Cole McDonald — practiced today after missing Saturday’s game because of an undisclosed injury. “I’m back,” McDonald said following a 2-hour practice in which he easily threw a variety of passes. McDonald said it was a game-time decision to not play. Cole McDonald on getting back out at #HawaiiFB practice today following missing the Wyoming game due to injury,
                            Great, just great.
                            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by poetryman25 View Post
                              I'm not going to believe it unless I see someone on the field, wearing McDonald's jersey, and sporting McDonald's dreadlocks. Two out of the three won't cut it, since they tried that stunt against Wyoming.

Comment

Working...
                              X