No announcement yet.

Zero-hour church

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would any BYU fan here be excited if they announced that BYU football games would all be cut short at halftime?

Comment

Originally posted by ByronMarchant View Post
      Would any BYU fan here be excited if they announced that BYU football games would all be cut short at halftime?
      Depends on how the 1st half went...

Also...don't be dumb.

Comment

now that church is at it's sweet spot of 2 hours, i would be disappointed if it were cut short half way through.

but to answer your question, no, as a fan i would not be disappointed if football games only lasted 2 hours rather than dragging on for 3 hours as per usual - would be a dream to avoid all those commercial breaks. hell, i'd be able to watch a lot more live games rather than on DVR (thereby decreasing the time myself) as i do for 80% of the games i watch.
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
          but to answer your question, no, as a fan i would not be disappointed if football games only lasted 2 hours rather than dragging on for 3 hours as per usual - would be a dream to avoid all those commercial breaks. hell, i'd be able to watch a lot more live games rather than on DVR (thereby decreasing the time myself) as i do for 80% of the games i watch.

I think last season division I passed the four hour mark for the median game length. Crazy. I have no idea what relevance this has for Sacrament, but the football games are way too long.

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
            I think last season division I passed the four hour mark for the median game length. Crazy. I have no idea what relevance this has for Sacrament, but the football games are way too long.
            probably none, ftr. but i will occasionally attempt to humor BM.

also, 4 hours is crazy. i'm at a point where pretty much the only college football i don't watch taped is BYU.
            Last edited by Jeff Lebowski; 10-19-2018, 08:12 AM.
            I'm like LeBron James.
            -mpfunk

Comment

I think BM is trying to say that football is way more awesome than church! If football were cut in half, you guys would be super bummed out. But now that church has been reduced by a third, you guys are super psyched! Ergo: > Church x (2/3) > Church

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
                Sacrament is going to be more Christ-based, and slightly shorter.

If football broadcasts became more football-based, I have no doubt they would be shorter too.

Comment

Originally posted by LVAllen View Post
                  If football became more football-based,
                  But then how would you know which digital Cosmo is hiding the ball or whether the freshman co-ed will win 10 grand for kicking an extra point?? (Hint: it's always #3, and no, she won't win the $.)

Comment

Originally posted by LVAllen View Post
                    Sacrament is going to be more Christ-based, and slightly shorter.

If football broadcasts became more football-based, I have no doubt they would be shorter too.
                    I hate watching NFL games. there is a kick off. then 3 minutes of commercials. Then the offense takes the field. I think they only dont do the commercial break after kick offs within the last 2 minutes of each half. But of course you have the 2 minute warning which is a 3 minute commercial break.

Both the pro and college games could be a lot shorter without a reduction in actual play.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                      I hate watching NFL games. there is a kick off. then 3 minutes of commercials. Then the offense takes the field. I think they only dont do the commercial break after kick offs within the last 2 minutes of each half. But of course you have the 2 minute warning which is a 3 minute commercial break.

Both the pro and college games could be a lot shorter without a reduction in actual play.
                      It is fun to watch a HS football game just to be reminded how wonderful it is without all the commercial breaks.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

A cricket match can last for days. I think this is because cricket fans can't get enough of cricket.

Speaking of which, will the CK be sort of like eternal church? Or will there be some secular activities available? I would strongly dislike heaven if it is mostly a religious experience to be there.

Comment

A cricket match can last for days. I think this is because cricket fans can't get enough of cricket.

Speaking of which, will the CK be sort of like eternal church? Or will there be some secular activities available? I would strongly dislike heaven if it is mostly a religious experience to be there.
                          Cricket takes breaks for tea and lunch. Maybe those will happen in the CK as well.
                          "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Lol. Cricket sucks.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                              probably none, ftr. but i will occasionally attempt to humor BM.

also, 4 hours is crazy. i'm at a point where pretty much the only college football i don't watch taped is BYU.
                              When I was a kid BYU was one of the only teams that passed a lot and, as a result, BYU games tended to go close to 4 hours then and other games were three plays, a cloud of dust, and always much shorter. Fans of other schools always used to complain about the length of BYU games. On the few times that BYU was actually on TV, the allotted time slot was almost always too short. Now passing a lot is the norm and BYU runs more often, making its games of more typical duration, but I am still devoted to the team. So it goes with Church, I think.
                              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Aside from the rather silly cricket analogy (surely this can't be the evidence of 'smart guy' posting, can it?), your second paragraph is sort of interesting in its typically misguided premise. First, if the church is true and the CK is a thing, I don't think there is much risk you will have to worry about how one spends time there. But I could be wrong about that. Second, whatever it is like, it will all be different than our existence here and we likely won't care about any of the things that we do now. For example, the secular/religious dichotomy will no longer exist. I should put this in the pet peeve thread, I guess, because it is one of mine.
                                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Working...
                                X