• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ByronMarchant View Post
    Is it to save money?
    Originally posted by creekster View Post
    No.
    But it is a nice secondary benefit.
    "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

Is it to save money?
      Can it be more than one reason? Here's another, the brethren changed church for the same reason ex-mormons post on message boards during conference.

Comment

I guess the cute ones are fine. But the only ones I ever thought were really cute were my own. ANd, you know, runny noses, etc. Not so grat from my POV. WHen they get a little older they are much more fun. Years ago my wife and I taught sunbeams together and that was a blast.
        I agree. I hate other people's kids. I barely tolerate my own kids.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
          I agree. I hate other people's kids. I barely tolerate my own kids.
          My sentiments as well.
          “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

I think 2-hour church is a desperate move to cut costs and to encourage increased attendance.

If things were going well, they wouldn’t have changed it.

Comment

I think 2-hour church is a desperate move to cut costs and to encourage increased attendance.

I bet the costs savings will be enormous. At least a hundred thousand dollars in electricity savings alone! Maybe even more.

Comment

This will translate into fewer buildings.

Comment

BM is right. If the Church was doing well, then we would be going to Church for 4 hours.
                  You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                  Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                  You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

That’s what you think? I’m shocked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

This will translate into fewer buildings.
                      But may result in more translations.
                      τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                        BM is right. If the Church was doing well, then we would be going to Church for 4 hours.
                        Word has it they're going to fine tune this concept, and they'll be going to six-hour church in Ghana, 30 minutes in the Bay Area, for example.

Comment

Originally posted by Copelius View Post
                          My sentiments as well.
                          You guys seem like a pleasant and well-adjusted bunch of folks.

(trigger warning: stay away from those photo threads!)
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

That was funny.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              You guys seem like a pleasant and well-adjusted bunch of folks.

(trigger warning: stay away from those photo threads!)
                              Yes, because only people that are exactly like you are pleasant and well-adjusted. Look, I can enjoy photos of cute kids. I can be happy for someone having nice kids. But that’s not the same thing as wanting to spend time with them and their issues every Sunday. I am glad you like it. Really. But I don’t. Now you can either chalk that up to not everyone sees life like you, or you can chalk it up to your more righteous and/or well-adjusted personality. Either way doesn’t matter too much to me.
                              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Yes, because only people that are exactly like you are pleasant and well-adjusted. Look, I can enjoy photos of cute kids. I can be happy for someone having nice kids. But that’s not the same thing as wanting to spend time with them and their issues every Sunday. I am glad you like it. Really. But I don’t. Now you can either chalk that up to not everyone sees life like you, or you can chalk it up to your more righteous and/or well-adjusted personality. Either way doesn’t matter too much to me.
                                Lol. Wow.

Creek, I am very sorry I found it a little odd you guys don't like kids. Have a great day.

Comment

Working...
                                X