Dominating the Ball: Gaggies of USU at BYU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LVAllen View Post
    I can't ever think about UVSC nka UVU without remembering this big, cheerful Polynesian RA my freshman year. He happily announced that UVSC was holding a dance, which meant "Non-members in short skirts!"
    UVU fka UVSC fka UVCC fka Trade Tech fka a bunch of other stuff.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie View Post
      The good news is you get to exit the freeway in Lehi.
      Said no one, ever.

Comment

We're a little over 24 hours from kickoff - and the game thread is dominated by talk of traffic to get to a high school football game and talk about UVU. Ha! Aggie fan would NOT be impressed.

Comment

We're a little over 24 hours from kickoff - and the game thread is dominated by talk of traffic to get to a high school football game and talk about UVU. Ha! Aggie fan would NOT be impressed.
          i've heard their QB, Bryce Love, is pretty great.
          I'm like LeBron James.
          -mpfunk

Comment

Gameday!

I drove down yesterday with my son so we can attend. Who else will be rising and shouting in LES tonight?
            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

https://twitter.com/boneyfuller/stat...994336256?s=19

"I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Anyone else catch Kyle Van Noy's interview on the radio this morning talking about the game? I only caught a few minutes, but this is what I got from it:

He had some comments about the offense and defense - not necessarily about this game specifically - and basically said that he felt like it was the offenses job to get more than 20 points in a game, and it was the defenses job to hold the opponent under 20. If they didn't each do that, they weren't doing their job - regardless of what the other side of the ball did.

He also made some comments about the offense being SO bad last year, that the defense seemed to get a pass. And he disagreed with them being let off the hook.

I thought those general offense/defense comments were interesting in light of the debate that often rages as far as how offense and defense interplay with each other.

Kyle also said that he likes the in-state games and believes that BYU, Utah, and USU should all play each other every year. (As a side note - DJ indicated that in the past there was a BYU coach who told him he didn't think BYU should EVER play those guys again - and certainly not in Logan.)

But what connects all of this to the Aggie game thread - apparently Kyle found his bio parents. And - his bio dad played RB for USU back in the early 80's. Maurice Turner - who was drafted by the Vikings in the 12th round back in the '83 NFL draft. He said that they talk once a week or so on the phone - and Maurice was talking trash about the game tonight. So he's got an added motive for wanting the Cougars to win.

Comment

Anyone else catch Kyle Van Noy's interview on the radio this morning talking about the game? I only caught a few minutes, but this is what I got from it:

He had some comments about the offense and defense - not necessarily about this game specifically - and basically said that he felt like it was the offenses job to get more than 20 points in a game, and it was the defenses job to hold the opponent under 20. If they didn't each do that, they weren't doing their job - regardless of what the other side of the ball did.

He also made some comments about the offense being SO bad last year, that the defense seemed to get a pass. And he disagreed with them being let off the hook.

I thought those general offense/defense comments were interesting in light of the debate that often rages as far as how offense and defense interplay with each other.

Kyle also said that he likes the in-state games and believes that BYU, Utah, and USU should all play each other every year. (As a side note - DJ indicated that in the past there was a BYU coach who told him he didn't think BYU should EVER play those guys again - and certainly not in Logan.)

But what connects all of this to the Aggie game thread - apparently Kyle found his bio parents. And - his bio dad played RB for USU back in the early 80's. Maurice Turner - who was drafted by the Vikings in the 12th round back in the '83 NFL draft. He said that they talk once a week or so on the phone - and Maurice was talking trash about the game tonight. So he's got an added motive for wanting the Cougars to win.
                  That interview was with Brian Keil, not KVN.

Comment

Originally posted by wapiti View Post
                    That interview was with Bryan Kehl, not Brian Keil.
                    I'm like LeBron James.
                    -mpfunk

Comment

Fahu Tahi is supposed to run out the alumni flag tonight. I hope he doesn't

https://www.cougarboard.com/board/me...ml?id=20525027

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                        Fahu Tahi is supposed to run out the alumni flag tonight. I hope he doesn't

https://www.cougarboard.com/board/me...ml?id=20525027
                        anyone surprised by this is a dingus
                        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                          Ha! Thanks for the help. I was somewhat distracted through part of the interview, but though they had said Van Noy.

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                            Ha ha. I even googled it to check the spelling because I knew it didn't look right.

Comment

Ha ha. I even googled it to check the spelling because I knew it didn't look right.
                              I'm like LeBron James.
                              -mpfunk

Comment

The students are really struggling attending games.

Comment

Working...
                                X