Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We're Not Going to *&@%$#! Suck This Year! - The official 2018-19 NHL Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're Not Going to *&@%$#! Suck This Year! - The official 2018-19 NHL Season Thread

We're just over a week away from the 2018 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals raising their championship banner and kicking off their season against the Boston Bruins. They pretty much brought everyone back from their title team with the exception of a few veteran guys that got bigger money to go elsewhere. A lot of the teams in the East made moves to improve, with the most notable being Jon Tavares going home to Toronto, and the Caps division rival, New York Islanders adding Caps Stanley Cup Winning head coach Barry Trotz.

In the West, Erik Karlson was traded last week to the Sharks, so that should give them some strength on their defense.

Can Vegas repeat? Will the Blackhawks continue to circle the drain? Lots of questions to ask as the season gets closer and closer.

The quote in the thread title was from Alex Ovechkin at the beginning of last year...looks like he was right!

Oh, and they've also banned keg stands on Lord Stanley's Cup thanks to the Champs.

alex-ovechkin-keg-stand.jpg
    "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Caps as Stanley Cup Champions. I will not be able to get used to that. Maybe the Islanders can win a playoff series this year.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

The salary cap fucking sucks. SJBH

I have no expectations this year for the Blackhawks.
      As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

its just cross our fingers and hope that our young guys will be good. I will be watching. I can't help myself.
        Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
          its just cross our fingers and hope that our young guys will be good. I will be watching. I can't help myself.
          I'm not abandoning the team either, but I don't have any expectations for this year. The blueline isn't really any better and we can expect a continued regression there. Also, who knows when we will see Crawford again. I think the DemiGod covered a multitude of sins on this team in the 2016-2017 season. I think the team going to hell last year was equal parts Hossa gone with Crawford missing significant time.
          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
            I'm not abandoning the team either, but I don't have any expectations for this year. The blueline isn't really any better and we can expect a continued regression there. Also, who knows when we will see Crawford again. I think the DemiGod covered a multitude of sins on this team in the 2016-2017 season. I think the team going to hell last year was equal parts Hossa gone with Crawford missing significant time.
            this is true. I am crossing my fingers that Henri Jokiharju makes the team and is ready to play.

Comment

Hoping Panarin stays with the CBJ. Hoping they can improve upon the last season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

wishing Panarin was still paired with Kane...I hate the hard salary cap.

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                  wishing Panarin was still paired with Kane...I hate the hard salary cap.
                  Feeling freaking stoked we still have him!! Sweet goal in OT for the win against Red Wings.

Comment

So, the offense has sure been good in the first 3 games. The defense on the other hand . . .

I miss Nick Leddy. I miss Hjammer. I miss when Seabrook didn't suck.
                    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

As to Panarin. He hates Columbus. He loved Chicago. We have cap room again. It is time to come home and reunite with Patrick Kane.
                      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                        As to Panarin. He hates Columbus. He loved Chicago. We have cap room again. It is time to come home and reunite with Patrick Kane.
                        I hope they trade him for someone just as good. He is good and I know Columbus is too small of a town for his liking at his age so they should accept this and bring in someone else.

Winning helps but I am not sure it is the best move to try and keep him.

I will say, he is good but a bit of an asshole.. My son had some training session this past summer and he showed up along with Ackerman, Dubois, and Jenner. The other three were very cool and signed my son’s stick. He walked right past him and didn’t say a word or stop to sign it.

I think Dubois has major upside and potential. I like his nasty side too..

Comment

Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                          I hope they trade him for someone just as good. He is good and I know Columbus is too small of a town for his liking at his age so they should accept this and bring in someone else.

Winning helps but I am not sure it is the best move to try and keep him.

I will say, he is good but a bit of an asshole.. My son had some training session this past summer and he showed up along with Ackerman, Dubois, and Jenner. The other three were very cool and signed my son’s stick. He walked right past him and didn’t say a word or stop to sign it.

I think Dubois has major upside and potential. I like his nasty side too..

That probably explains why he was such a good pairing with Patrick Kane.
                          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

MF: this is for you.

Go CBJ!!!

Comment

Not a bad start to the season.
                              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Working...
                              X