Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 37 of 37

Thread: We're Not Going to *&@%$#! Suck This Year! - The official 2018-19 NHL Season Thread

  1. #31

    Default

    Scott Powers wrote a great article for the Athletic on Marian Hossa's retirement and his skin condition. It was a great fuck you to the people that thought it was manufactured by the Blackhawks for cup relief. I really think the number one reason for the Blackhawks decline, even more than the blueline problems, is losing Marian Hossa. If he was playing the past two years at the level he was in his last season, the Blackhawks are in the playoffs.

    The Blackhawks have been playing really well as of late, which gives me some hope for the future. Dylan Strome has been great. Almost a point per game with the Blackhawks. If he can solidify the second line for next year with DeBrincat it would really help moving forward.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

    He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

  2. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
    Scott Powers wrote a great article for the Athletic on Marian Hossa's retirement and his skin condition. It was a great fuck you to the people that thought it was manufactured by the Blackhawks for cup relief. I really think the number one reason for the Blackhawks decline, even more than the blueline problems, is losing Marian Hossa. If he was playing the past two years at the level he was in his last season, the Blackhawks are in the playoffs.

    The Blackhawks have been playing really well as of late, which gives me some hope for the future. Dylan Strome has been great. Almost a point per game with the Blackhawks. If he can solidify the second line for next year with DeBrincat it would really help moving forward.
    The Hawks might sneak in the playoffs this year. Not because they are great or even good, but because the mighty west has fallen. So many mediocre teams in the central and Pacific. Offensively this season the Hawks have been fine, but the defense has been atrocious. Kane has been playing like a monster. They won their last game 8-7...
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
    The Hawks might sneak in the playoffs this year. Not because they are great or even good, but because the mighty west has fallen. So many mediocre teams in the central and Pacific. Offensively this season the Hawks have been fine, but the defense has been atrocious. Kane has been playing like a monster. They won their last game 8-7...
    4th in the west in goals for and last in the entire league in goals against
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

  4. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
    The Hawks might sneak in the playoffs this year. Not because they are great or even good, but because the mighty west has fallen. So many mediocre teams in the central and Pacific. Offensively this season the Hawks have been fine, but the defense has been atrocious. Kane has been playing like a monster. They won their last game 8-7...
    Jets, Predators, Flames, and Sharks are pretty much locks.

    Blues (with their impressive surge) and Knights as in.

    Other than that it really is a whole bunch of bad/mediocre teams. Blackhawks are actually only a point out of the last WC sport.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

    He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

  5. #35

    Default

    It is always good to beat the Red Wings.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

    He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

  6. #36
    Senior Member dabrockster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    8,770

    Default

    CBJ trades to get Duchene from Ottawa..


    Not sure what they gave up was a good trade. 2 consecutive 1st round picks (2019, 2020)..

    Any input, I would be curious to hear your thoughts on this trade..


    Panarin is gone at the end of this season. I wished they had traded him and for someone valuable in return. For now, he will leave and we will have nada.. itís a gamble to keep him.


    https://es.pn/2SjfPRx



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dabrockster View Post
    CBJ trades to get Duchene from Ottawa..


    Not sure what they gave up was a good trade. 2 consecutive 1st round picks (2019, 2020)..

    Any input, I would be curious to hear your thoughts on this trade..


    Panarin is gone at the end of this season. I wished they had traded him and for someone valuable in return. For now, he will leave and we will have nada.. it’s a gamble to keep him.


    https://es.pn/2SjfPRx



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They must feel like they can resign him. He is a good player. I don't love giving up a first rounder for an expiring contract, which is why I think they must feel like they can resign him. He is worth a first rounder but the fact that he is a free agent in July would make me worried.
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •