Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We're Not Going to *&@%$#! Suck This Year! - The official 2018-19 NHL Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scott Powers wrote a great article for the Athletic on Marian Hossa's retirement and his skin condition. It was a great fuck you to the people that thought it was manufactured by the Blackhawks for cup relief. I really think the number one reason for the Blackhawks decline, even more than the blueline problems, is losing Marian Hossa. If he was playing the past two years at the level he was in his last season, the Blackhawks are in the playoffs.

The Blackhawks have been playing really well as of late, which gives me some hope for the future. Dylan Strome has been great. Almost a point per game with the Blackhawks. If he can solidify the second line for next year with DeBrincat it would really help moving forward.
    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
      Scott Powers wrote a great article for the Athletic on Marian Hossa's retirement and his skin condition. It was a great fuck you to the people that thought it was manufactured by the Blackhawks for cup relief. I really think the number one reason for the Blackhawks decline, even more than the blueline problems, is losing Marian Hossa. If he was playing the past two years at the level he was in his last season, the Blackhawks are in the playoffs.

The Blackhawks have been playing really well as of late, which gives me some hope for the future. Dylan Strome has been great. Almost a point per game with the Blackhawks. If he can solidify the second line for next year with DeBrincat it would really help moving forward.
      The Hawks might sneak in the playoffs this year. Not because they are great or even good, but because the mighty west has fallen. So many mediocre teams in the central and Pacific. Offensively this season the Hawks have been fine, but the defense has been atrocious. Kane has been playing like a monster. They won their last game 8-7...
      Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
        The Hawks might sneak in the playoffs this year. Not because they are great or even good, but because the mighty west has fallen. So many mediocre teams in the central and Pacific. Offensively this season the Hawks have been fine, but the defense has been atrocious. Kane has been playing like a monster. They won their last game 8-7...
        4th in the west in goals for and last in the entire league in goals against

Comment

Jets, Predators, Flames, and Sharks are pretty much locks.

Blues (with their impressive surge) and Knights as in.

Other than that it really is a whole bunch of bad/mediocre teams. Blackhawks are actually only a point out of the last WC sport.
          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

It is always good to beat the Red Wings.
            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

CBJ trades to get Duchene from Ottawa..

Not sure what they gave up was a good trade. 2 consecutive 1st round picks (2019, 2020)..

Any input, I would be curious to hear your thoughts on this trade..

Panarin is gone at the end of this season. I wished they had traded him and for someone valuable in return. For now, he will leave and we will have nada.. it’s a gamble to keep him.

https://es.pn/2SjfPRx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                CBJ trades to get Duchene from Ottawa..

Not sure what they gave up was a good trade. 2 consecutive 1st round picks (2019, 2020)..

Any input, I would be curious to hear your thoughts on this trade..

Panarin is gone at the end of this season. I wished they had traded him and for someone valuable in return. For now, he will leave and we will have nada.. it’s a gamble to keep him.

https://es.pn/2SjfPRx

They must feel like they can resign him. He is a good player. I don't love giving up a first rounder for an expiring contract, which is why I think they must feel like they can resign him. He is worth a first rounder but the fact that he is a free agent in July would make me worried.

Comment

Another big trade for CBJ.. looks like they are taking a run to go deep in the playoffs..

CBJ acquires Dzingel.

https://es.pn/2Smtasb

Comment

They must feel like they can resign him. He is a good player. I don't love giving up a first rounder for an expiring contract, which is why I think they must feel like they can resign him. He is worth a first rounder but the fact that he is a free agent in July would make me worried.
                    Panarin loved Chicago. He could win the Hart playing with Kane. He is still good friends with Kane. The Blackhawks have the cap space. No one on the blueline is a game changer that will fix that problem. Karlsson is great but he is all offense. 9 million AAV. Make it happen. Move someone if you have to make it happen. If he isn't back in Chicago next year, the off-season was a failure.
                    Last edited by MartyFunkhouser; 03-07-2019, 07:38 PM.
                    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

I wanted to post this sooner, but forgot.

Super excited that my CBJ has FINALLY gotten over the hump after 18 years and won a playoff series. And sweeping the President Cup Champions to boot!!!

Looking forward to the next series and hoping we can keep this going!!

Comment

Working...
                      X