Visualize and Attack: BYU vs McNeese State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visualize and Attack: BYU vs McNeese State

No game thread? Please merge if I missed it.

The Cowboys will have some speed and have nothing to lose. I would enjoy seeing the BYU offensive and defensive lines have their way and get an early lead, so the coaches can try some different plays and personnel. Will Zach Wilson see some playing time? Will the Cougars have the trap game blues?

If you're not excited for another game of BYU foosball, there's something wrong with your medulla oblongata!
    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

I'm excited, but I have no idea what to expect. It seems like people either think this will be a blow out/walk in the park, or they seem to think there will be some real competition and BYU needs to be careful. What is more likely here?
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
      I'm excited, but I have no idea what to expect. It seems like people either think this will be a blow out/walk in the park, or they seem to think there will be some real competition and BYU needs to be careful. What is more likely here?
      I'm expecting to see a comfortable win. I'd like it to be comfortable enough to see backups, but I'm not counting on it.
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

trap game. I think it will be closer than any of us wants.
        Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
          No game thread? Please merge if I missed it.
          I was waiting for LV Allen to start one. I've banned myself from ever starting another game day thread again.

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
            trap game. I think it will be closer than any of us wants.
            It's a trap game AND a letdown game.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I think we are going to win
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                Plus they might be looking ahead to their next top ten opponent. I am getting more worried.
                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Although the are a FCS school, McNeese is no shrinking violate. They are one of the top team in FCS. Classic trap game with a team that has something to prove. Yikes!

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                    I think we are going to win
                    Me too. I think we are very lucky to have this game sandwiched between Wisconsin and Washington. Gives us a chance to build on our momentum. Meanwhile the utes have a bye week to wallow in their misery for an extra 7 days. So much ute-on-ute violence on social media this week.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

FTR, I was joking.

https://harvardsportsanalysis.wordpr...wn-game-myths/

Debunking the Trap Game and Letdown Game Myths

This analysis does not prove that individual losses were not in part due to some psychological factor like the “trap game” and “letdown game” ideas suggest. However, claiming that a specific mentality is directly responsible for a particular loss is completely unfalsifiable, and so not worth arguing over. What we can say from this analysis is that the rate at which good teams beat bad teams does not depend on whether they beat a good team the week before or whether they play a good team in the coming week.

Comment

That is an oddly worded conclusion. Shouldnt it be don't "correlate with" as opposed to dont "depend on?"

My concern is more with our coaching staff. I have no numbers to back me up, but it seems to me that Sitake has been inconsistent in terms of getting the team ready to play. They were certainly ready last week. I hope they will do it again. My guess is that Grimes helps a great deal.
                        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Unless Bobby Boucher and the rest of the Mud Dogs come running out of that tunnel on Saturday, we are going to bitch slap these slack-jawed, raccoon eating inbreds and send them back to the loving arms of their sisters in Lake Charles. Joe Dumars is not walking through that door! Dorothy Sue Hill is not walking through that door! The Cougars will finally be in blue and they will finally not take a steaming dump on the home crowd. Buck up, gentlemen (and Babs). Even if McNeese St outranks 10-12 FBS schools, a team in the one hundred and teens shouldn't come into LES and beat us. Last year was a real bitch on our collective psyches!

Comment

Originally posted by HBCoug View Post
                            Unless Bobby Boucher and the rest of the Mud Dogs come running out of that tunnel on Saturday, we are going to bitch slap these slack-jawed, raccoon eating inbreds and send them back to the loving arms of their sisters in Lake Charles. Joe Dumars is not walking through that door! Dorothy Sue Hill is not walking through that door! The Cougars will finally be in blue and they will finally not take a steaming dump on the home crowd. Buck up, gentlemen (and Babs). Even if McNeese St outranks 10-12 FBS schools, a team in the one hundred and teens shouldn't come into LES and beat us. Last year was a real bitch on our collective psyches!
                            :clap:

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                              I was waiting for LV Allen to start one. I've banned myself from ever starting another game day thread again.
                              The only ones I could come up with would probably be moderated away. e.g. Eating Out At Home: BYU Cougars v. McNeese Cowgirls.

Comment

Working...
                              X